Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hey hey hey.

That's not fair.

His first act as president was to make homes more expensive for the working class.
    That change was pushed in the morning before he became president. Your source is either unaware or left that part out to promote an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Again, it is making those who are most likely to cause issues to self fund, and not force all taxpayers to foot the bill. And as I said, if $50 a month is enough to cause hardship, you bought more house than you can really afford and you will most likely be defaulting anyway.
    If the increase in premiums isn't, as you claim, more likely to make people default, then why is the decrease in premiums such a financial burden for tax payers?

Why was this literally his first priority?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That change was pushed in the morning before he became president. Your source is either unaware or left that part out to promote an agenda.
    Not sure where you got this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Who signed it, I'm curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the increase in premiums isn't, as you claim, more likely to make people default, then why is the decrease in premiums such a financial burden for tax payers?

- - - Updated - - -

Because it isnt the general public's responsibility to help you buy a house you cant afford.

And it wasnt hist first act, that was aimed at Obamacare.

Because it isnt the general public's responsibility to help you buy a house you cant afford.
    So why not just cut the program entirely if its such a bad thing?

And it wasnt hist first act, that was aimed at Obamacare.
    That vague whatever it was supposed to be was later in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

"The suspension of the rate cut, set to take effect Jan. 27, came Friday before his confirmation vote.

In a letter announcing the suspension Friday morning, HUD, which oversees the FHA, said more analysis is needed on any "future adjustments" to insurance premium rates."

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017012...p-takes-office

Looks like Castro left Trump a surprise to hurt him politically on his first day. It might be why the obamas were giggling at the inauguration? Maybe the large websites should publish the letter to tell the real story?
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-22 at 04:39 AM.

To all Liberals, who loves to be special snowflakes and overreacting.

Shut your sorry mouth and move on. Your side lost FAIR AND SQUARE. Get over yourselves, you are not special. The way you all act, is childish, acting like mentally retarded. Even a Mentally Disabled have more common sense.

Get over yourself, Liberals. You are just making a fool of yourselves. Nothing More.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-22 at 04:41 AM.

"The suspension of the rate cut, set to take effect Jan. 27, came Friday before his confirmation vote.

In a letter announcing the suspension Friday morning, HUD, which oversees the FHA, said more analysis is needed on any "future adjustments" to insurance premium rates."

http://www.telegram.com/news/2017012...p-takes-office

Looks like Castro left Trump a surprise to hurt him politically on his first day. It might be why the obamas were giggling at the inauguration?
    He had to sign on to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

Shut your sorry mouth and move on. Your side lost FAIR AND SQUARE. Get over yourselves, you are not special. The way you all act, is childish, acting like mentally retarded. Even a Mentally Disabled have more common sense.

Get over yourself, Liberals. You are just making a fool of yourselves. Nothing More.
    No you? I mean really, do you think democracy just starts and ends at elections?

He had to sign on to it.

- - - Updated - - -

No you? I mean really, do you think democracy just starts and ends at elections?
    It'd be nice to see who did but nobody is publishing it. This is why I go through multiple websites to see if there are any contradictions. It's annoying but you can't change some writers agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post

Alright, you're right.

Here let's make a deal. We'll move on at the same rate Conservatives and Trump (they're not the same) moved on from Obama.

Well, would you look at that, you've got at least 4 more years of dealing with us. Golly gee willickers.

It'd be nice to see who did but nobody is publishing it.
    lol ooooooook

I guess we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I just don't understand you. You go on before talking about how America needs real compromise and bi-partisanship, how Massachusetts is great as a state because you find compromise there between both sides to then turn around to mock a substantial number of people of your country for their support of a candidate.

It just seems....beneath you. You're angry with Trump? Why? Because he represents this naked, deep divide in your country instead of trying to hid it behind fake, plastic smiles that Bush, Obama and Hillary all did?

Your country thew compromise in favor of a bitter divide over the last 16 years. This entire election really makes you appreciate just how much better America would be as a nation if McCain had beaten Bush in 2000, but not Obama in 2008 ( because he became Bush 2.0 ). How much better America would be if Clinton had beaten Obama in 2008 when she was actively seeking to bring people together instead of being just another part of the divider pool as she was in 2016. ( As in running as Obama 2.0 )

Finally how Romney would have been supremely better then Obama in 2012, but it's not just the politicians that led to this divide: Culture, media, tabloids etc. etc. It's all led to where your country is right now: Deeply divided, deeply partisans. Trump didn't rise up in a bubble. He rose up to become president within this deep and stark partisan divide because it's been the only way anyone's won a national election in the last 16 years.

He is very much your president. He represents everything wrong about where your country has landed, but unlike Hillary with her fake 2016 smile at least he's not trying to pretend there isn't a partisan divide: There is and it is very deep.

So may I suggest that "beating" Trump isn't deepening this divide but trying to heal it?

An observation: It seems to me that the CIA guys in attendance liked Trump, regardless of how anyone else thinks of what he says. I am a bit surprised actually. Also reports that there were a LOT more CIA agents that wanted to be there but they didn't have space.
    Its very simple. You compromise with moderates. You fight extremists to the bitter end.

Donald Trump is an extremist. His positions are extreme. They are way outside the yellow lines of the broad and historic national consensus. They are a rejection of it. And that is deeply unacceptable to me. Again, had Jeb Bush been elected, I would be a Jeb Bush guy arguing against Hillary supporters. But Jeb Bush represents the bi-partisan establishment which by in large HAS served this country well and will continue to do so long after this latest flirtation with upending it ends in ignominious failure.

Secondly is not my President and he never will be. Foreigner. Once again, and we had this discussion, I did not vote for him and he does not represent policies I agree with by in large. I will not offer my asset to him by taking ownership with the word "my". He is certainly THE President, having wont he election. But "my president". He has no place in my heart. I utterly hate him and all he stands for. Him sitting in that hallowed room is a defilement of a sacred place in our civil religion. Him taking the oath of office is a defacement of his predecessors... a small man now counted among titans.

Don't mistake my outreach, my love for Europe and our allies as an invitation for you to dictate what is politically acceptable, even desirable here. You'll find that will not end well. For you. Donald Trump is a small man who will fail and destroy himself. It is up to the rest of us to arrange the day of reckoning.

Every fiber of my being believes that. After today's protests, every fiber of my being believes it. The world saw today that Americans will not stand idly by as an illegitimate charlatan defaces what we stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Alright, you're right.

Here let's make a deal. We'll move on at the same rate Conservatives and Trump (they're not the same) moved on from Obama.

Well, would you look at that, you've got at least 4 more years of dealing with us. Golly gee willickers.
    Conservatives were bitching about Obama until the minute he left office.

Hell, I'm sure we can find conservatives that are still bitching about Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Skroe.... lets rally the armies of legionfall, the resistance must be swift and brutal
    Haha. Well I've been working with an anti-Trump group for a few weeks in my free time. It's been a busy time!

10+ Year Old Account
    So why not just cut the program entirely if its such a bad thing?

That vague whatever it was supposed to be was later in the day.
    Because there is nothing wrong with making it a self funding program.

I stand corrected, his first act was to allow Mattis to become SecDef.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    @Edge-
    That was a good summary of the first day in office.
    You could do this every day, collect it all in a big book and then cash out during the next election

You think that was bad?
    I'd love to hear your opinion on both the press meeting(Can you call it that?) of Spicer and Trump's performance in front of the CIA-memorial.
    I think that Spicer and Trump started their tenures by casting aside the shovels needed to dig their own political graves and opted right for the backhoe.

Trump's statements were a profane disgrace. It was certainly all trump though. Paranoid. Egotistical. Completely off topic.

Spicer... man I hope he stays in his job long. He, like Trump, is just giving their enemies ammunition. Refreshingly, he's being called out nearly universally for his blatant lying.

Of course the problem with lying is that when you actually tell the truth, nobody believes you. We're going to see that truism in real time. Trump and his team will find that reckless lying, as they have and are, will make lying when it actually matters and is useful impossible to do, and telling the truth when they need to to gain support, equally fruitless.

They'll also find the American people's tolerance for bullshit will be finite. See: the Bush Administration's response to Hurricane Katrina.

As I've been saying, Trump's bag of tricks is limited in scope, and has a limited shelf life. And he's already burning through it. If he thinks he can successfully be President as a relentless bullshit artist, he'll find out that he won't be President very long.

From entrepreneur to billionaire to TV star to President of the United States. This man is larger than life and will continue in his path to greatness as one of the most memorable Americans of our generation.

His unapologetic, no-nonsense demeanor, coupled with his business acumen and his unabashed love for his country will serve as a role model for many people in the years to come.

Thank you Mr. President for your unselfish service. You didn't have to do this; you could have just gone your merry way and enjoyed your luxurious life alongside your beautiful wife and children. But no, you decided to devote your time and energy into the betterment of our nation, even if it meant fighting an uphill battle against the corrupt establishment, the dishonest media and delusional celebrities. You defeated everyone that stood in your way, like a motherfucking train with no brakes, and now you will take on the biggest challenge of your live!

I wish you all the best in the next eight years. I'm sure you will accomplish even greater deeds in your tenure as President. KEK wills it!

Because there is nothing wrong with making it a self funding program.
    That's now what Trump did here.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's now what Trump did here.
    Making the people who are covered by the insurance be the ones to properly fund the insurance so the general tax payer doesn't have to bail it out again isnt making it self funding...... ok.......

We're all still alive so I guess you guys were overreacting.