Nighthold Trinkets Suck?

So I've looted a number of trinkets that are higher ilvl than my 865 Unstable Arcanocrystal (world boss loot ffs). 895 Natures Call, 880 Spontaenous Appengages, 880 Nightblooming Frond and others.

I literally cannot find a trinket, almost regardless of iLVL that outperforms this stupid boring worldboss trinket in sims or real life gameplay. This seems broken AF.

Are you seeing the same?
    Last edited by Ysho; 2017-01-20 at 09:59 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

The only trinket that is good inside there is CoF for specific fights (e.g. cd reduction allows extra Meta) or very, very good if you have the legendary shoulders. And even in this case you would not replace the UA, you would replace your second trinket.

UA is an overpowered, unfun stat stick and judging by the trinket nerf/hotfixes on formerly good Nighthold trinkets, this is intended.

I just got Draught of Souls. I wonder how it will perform.

I have Legendary trinket 910 and COF 890 without legendary shoulders...I replaced my 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct and COF really sucks....5 sec reduction, 3 times in a minute on 4 minutes Metamorphosis CD is stupid....the only fight I really enjoy this "effect" is on Guldan because is a long fight..but if you're planning to use this trinket on another fights..you really feel that trinket stupid...

Blizzard pretends make a "standard" effect of this trinket for all classes and another classes have a really short time cd on their powerful abilities....blizzard did it again....pffff

Quote Originally Posted by Masterporatras View Post
    I have Legendary trinket 910 and COF 890 without legendary shoulders...I replaced my 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct and COF really sucks....5 sec reduction, 3 times in a minute on 4 minutes Metamorphosis CD is stupid....the only fight I really enjoy this "effect" is on Guldan because is a long fight..but if you're planning to use this trinket on another fights..you really feel that trinket stupid...

Blizzard pretends make a "standard" effect of this trinket for all classes and another classes have a really short time cd on their powerful abilities....blizzard did it again....pffff
    CoF is the 2nd/3rd simming trinket behind Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I read somewhere in reddit that the CoF rppm for havocs is around 4.3, so your 3, if what i read was correct, is just bad rng. @4 rppm and 2 meta cd reducing traits on relics, one should get a metamorphosis cd of 135seconds, without the legendary shoulders. One might still have to delay chaos blades and/or nemesis a bit to line up with the next meta, but i'd wager it to be worth it. and should you have the shoulders, there should be no problem whatsoever.

I ofc do not yet have the trinket so this is just napkin maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    CoF is the 2nd/3rd simming trinket behind Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish pretty much.
    It's hard to rely on sims as the timer typically used to sim a fight gives room for the extra meta you get in a fight. You won't always get that. If a non-CoF DH ends a fight with the same amount of metas than a CoF DH of equal ilvl/skill, it's likely that the non-CoF DH will have higher dps. CoF merely becomes an agi stat stick at that point.

I feel it's a pretty poor trinket for DHs. CoF is more valuable for low-CD (2 min or so) classes as it means it's much more likely to get the extra CD squeezed in per fight.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I feel it's a pretty poor trinket for DHs. CoF is more valuable for low-CD (2 min or so) classes as it means it's much more likely to get the extra CD squeezed in per fight.
    It is not just that, other classes (such as Paladin but they got nerfed) generally don't have multiple cooldowns with completely separate cooldowns. For us, getting the extra Metamorphosis out comes at the cost of having 1 or more Metas outside of syncronization with Chaos Blades and Nemesis or by delaying CB/Nemesis which jeopardizes their number of uses.

Unless the fight is on farm and you have knowledge of all timings, I'd say that CoF is a liability unless you can approach a 2-min Meta CD (CoF/Anger/Delusions/Relic).

For me the 890/895 NH trinkets sim worse than 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct. Maybe I could try to get more haste and that would change but either way the trinkets still seem weak.
    Last edited by xmr1; 2017-01-21 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, ist there a spreadsheet or something regarding trinkets from en/nh for Dh? couldnt find one here

Quote Originally Posted by asrael42 View Post
    Hey, ist there a spreadsheet or something regarding trinkets from en/nh for Dh? couldnt find one here
    There is a Discord one, but it clashes pretty badly with a bunch of other lists. Any of you have any success with Draught of Souls? Ive been playing around with it (900ilvl drop) but havent had much success a yet.

Deleted
    It is not

Do not use CoF unless you have legendary shoulders. Just go back to bloodthirsty and you'll do more dps.

It's been a while (WoD?) since either of my tanks (pally/dh) had trinkets they were really excited about.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Looqie View Post
    It is not
    Nice counterargument you got there.

Pro tip, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Nice counterargument you got there.

Pro tip, it is.
    Going off Kib's spreadsheet, it is far from 2-3rd best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

Take that how you wish, but i didnt feel it was worth it with my own personal testing, simply because it causes meta to not line up with cb + nem. Which means chances are you'll likely delay it to line them up anyway, losing the effectiveness of the trinket.

EDIT: Where do you get your data that its 2-3rd best simming? Im genuinely curious cause i passed a 890 last night to a rogue