Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I really didn't want to go here. I have principles too, and they are pretty simple. You spent a lot of energy here extolling US policy in Syria. I or anyone could do a search on this channel and find you talking about how awesome it was that the the US armed rebels and has Russia, Syria, and Iran involved in a meat-grinder thing. You really loved that term meat grinder. Disgusting. There are hundreds of thousands killed, and Europe destabilized. I don't know what American values you were supporting there, but I found it disgusting. #MAGA
    MAGA? Piss on that. America is plenty great. Has always been. Still is.

Our Syria Policy? Simple. Weakening Russia, a key authoritarian adversary in Eurasia, and Iran, our Islamic radical enemy.

The problem was in the follow through. Obama was too indecisive to give them the arms they needed to drive up the costs. The vast majority of the destabilization, the refugees, came from Russia's attack on civilian centers and the legitimate rebellion against the autocratic Assad, in order to create a humanitarian crisis. They have used this humanitarian crisis as leverage in Europe.

Basically Obama implemented half a policy, and it's no surprised it is malformed. he should have destroyed Assad's air force and delcared a No Fly Zone before the Russians came to Syria's aid. He had two years to do that. He blew it. And after the Russians moved in, it was too late. Had he done that, Syria, Russia and the refugee crisis would all be in a different place.

This gets back to something ELSE I've said repeatedly - implementing half a policy is stupid. You either follow the Powell Doctrine's general principles or you do nothing. Obama did this half-in / half-out thing in Syria, and reaped the worst of all worlds.

But make no mistake, within the wider context of our own asymmetric little war in Syria, the purpose was to put pressure on Russia and Iran. For a time, it truly worked, and that is in the long tradition of America fighting against authoritarian regimes. In the long run, with luck, hopefully a Democratic government would emerge in Syria. But that's secondary to the broader geopolitical goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    pffft. They same polls said Hillary was gonna win in a landslide. They are corrupt. Americans dont hate Russians, I dont know why people on the internet want to make us think otherwise.
    The polls said that Hillary was going to win more voters. Which she did, just not in the right areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

They hate traditional white Christian America most. This picture triggers them.
    Hello komrade. Why the victim complex? You know that the WASP is in decline? And that white women prefer people that is not a wasp? (Like, someone who can think for themselves)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You can get an ID for little to no money. Voter ID prevents voter fraud and is equally applied. In no way does it target any one race. Get out of here with that bullshit.

We as a country do not want to open ourselves up like say Paris and suffer the consequences. Vetting those seeking to come from countries known to produce and harbor terroists is is not a violation of any liberty. Civil liberties apply to those who are in this country legally and do not intend on doing us harm. Those same countries wouldn't hesitate to throw an umarried pregnant woman or a gay man off a building.

The rest is without evidence or any facts to back it up. Although the press did a swell job of staying impartial didn't they?
    Considering there is very little evidence of voter fraud, no matter who does the investigations or how many are done, voter ID laws create a fucking problem instead of fixing one. There are also many court cases that show that voter suppression does indeed target one party over another because poorer people tend to vote Democrat.

We do vet people before they come here, 18-24 months of vetting before they get in.

The rest have come from his own fucking mouth. It is not our fucking fault you casually deny it because Infowars and Breitbart don't publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I hate them equally for different reasons.

We use to call it, ok here folks here you have a choice, Cholera or Pest your choice which one you pick but both choices will make your life miserable but you have a choice right? That is where we are when it comes to Putin on Trump. Really both are terrible choices kinda like which disease is best, Cholera or Pest.

Okay got it.

What do you guys hate more, Trump or Russia?
    I despise them both for different reasons. And frankly, Trump is on the list of reasons I despise Russia.

I don't know what Vladmir Putin is thinking. A large portion of Americans lay responsibility for Trump squarely at Russia's feet. he may reap short term geopolitical advantage with Trump, but at the cost of alienating anyone who supported Hillary Clinton this year, and the broader Democratic Party. Combined with the Republican Party's historic, and still very strong, anti-Russian core, post-Trump, he's laying the groundwork for America's wrath to have no moderation whatsoever. Democrats will want to get even. And Republicans will double down on their anti-Russia political fundamentals.

It's going to be a fucking catastrophe for Putin and his people. I mean really, just imagine that Trump makes it to 2020 and then a Democrat takes office, or that Democrats retake the Senate somehow in 2018 (or 2020. Can you imagine what they're gonna do against Russia? What Vladmir Putin did is hystericallydangerous to his country because of what will happen the moment anybody-but-Trump is in power.

Not to pull a [Current Year], but I think in 2017 it is a bit of a travesty for a western nation to have elected somebody like Trump.

I could have seen it in the late 1800s or early 1900s, but goddamn 'Murica.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I despise them both for different reasons. And frankly, Trump is on the list of reasons I despise Russia.

I don't know what Vladmir Putin is thinking. A large portion of Americans lay responsibility for Trump squarely at Russia's feet. he may reap short term geopolitical advantage with Trump, but at the cost of alienating anyone who supported Hillary Clinton this year, and the broader Democratic Party. Combined with the Republican Party's historic, and still very strong, anti-Russian core, post-Trump, he's laying the groundwork for America's wrath to have no moderation whatsoever. Democrats will want to get even. And Republicans will double down on their anti-Russia political fundamentals.

It's going to be a fucking catastrophe for Putin and his people. I mean really, just imagine that Trump makes it to 2020 and then a Democrat takes office, or that Democrats retake the Senate somehow in 2018 (or 2020. Can you imagine what they're gonna do against Russia? What Vladmir Putin did is hystericallydangerous to his country because of what will happen the moment anybody-but-Trump is in power.
    I would wager that the reason Putin did it, was because the alternative from his perspective was a woman who would not have been as tepid towards the situation in Syria as Obama.

For all her faults, Clinton would not have fucked around when it comes to keeping Russia and China contained.

pffft. They same polls said Hillary was gonna win in a landslide. They are corrupt. Americans dont hate Russians, I dont know why people on the internet want to make us think otherwise.

would you believe me if I said I don't hate anyone?
    Americans have been consistently anti-Russian for decades and still are.

Gallup's polls are scientifically rigorous. Sorry if you don't like them. Anti-Russian sentiment is in our political DNA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not to pull a [Current Year], but I think in 2017 it is a bit of a travesty for a western nation to have elected somebody like Trump.

I could have seen it in the late 1800s or early 1900s, but goddamn 'Murica.
    It's better to think of it less as 'Trump won' and more 'everyone else lost'.

The Democrats ran a weak ground game and Hillary was representative of a brand of Third Way politics that have become deeply unpopular, while the Republican attempt to stay politically relevant in a demographic game tilted against them meant weak leadership and thus more appeal in Trump's message.

Really, if things were 'normal' Trump's candidacy would have been so much a Bachmann or Huckabee. This isn't representative of a 'shift' in politics as much of a symptom of public disdain for overly conservative, corporate politics.

They hate traditional white Christian America most. This picture triggers them.
    Be careful. Posting things like this around this part will trigger them so bad that the left has resorted in using terms to reference them towards you. For example, you are now a triggered SJW racist bigoted religious nut who needs a safe place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quit your bullshit. You hate Russia for the same reason little Marco rubio does. You hate it, because your privileged grand parents who lived of colonial inequality were kicked out by pupular revolution.

It's better to think of it less as 'Trump won' and more 'everyone else lost'.

The Democrats ran a weak ground game and Hillary was representative of a brand of Third Way politics that have become deeply unpopular, while the Republican attempt to stay politically relevant in a demographic game tilted against them meant weak leadership and thus more appeal in Trump's message.

Really, if things were 'normal' Trump's candidacy would have been so much a Bachmann or Huckabee. This isn't representative of a 'shift' in politics as much of a symptom of public disdain for overly conservative, corporate politics.
    Hillary being a terrible candidate that spend 30 years being smeared was definitely the defining stupid moment for the Democratic Party...since maybe trying to run Kerry in 2004. Actually probably worse than that, since beating Trump was supposed to be a sure thing.

I would wager that the reason Putin did it, was because the alternative from his perspective was a woman who would not have been as tepid towards the situation in Syria as Obama.

For all her faults, Clinton would not have fucked around when it comes to keeping Russia and China contained.
    Exactly. So he bought a little bit of time... at the cost of something way worse in the longer run.

I mean you're entirely correct. But the opportunity cost for Putin here was successfully moving to the top of the US national security threat pile, knocking China down a notch. How many times over the past few years have I been harping about how important the pivot to Asia is, and how important it is we confront China and make European concerns a second priority.

Thanks to Putin's little stunt, its flipped. Russia must by a painful price it'll never forget, one way or another, sooner or later, to deter future behavior. And now China is a problem for another day. It's stupid that is the case, but Putin made his country's threat to he US urgent.And ultimately, that's going to be ruinous to Russia, who _cannot_ compete with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You can get an ID for little to no money. Voter ID prevents voter fraud and is equally applied. In no way does it target any one race. Get out of here with that bullshit.

We as a country do not want to open ourselves up like say Paris and suffer the consequences. Vetting those seeking to come from countries known to produce and harbor terroists is is not a violation of any liberty. Civil liberties apply to those who are in this country legally and do not intend on doing us harm. Those same countries wouldn't hesitate to throw an umarried pregnant woman or a gay man off a building.

The rest is without evidence or any facts to back it up. Although the press did a swell job of staying impartial didn't they?

Little or no money is a totally false thing. Really if it is that little or nothing as you say ok lets have the government pay for those id cards and make them very easy to get, no 10 hr waiting at the DMV office that is located 15 miles outside of the city. that is the current state of how easy it is to get in many places.

We already have 18-24 month long vetting periods on refugees etc so dont see what your claim is other than right wing nonsense looking to stir shit up since if you cant find it out in 24 months you think 48 months will do a better job? or 96 month give us the details instead of the nonsense of more vetting,

Civil liberties apply to all people. And the press have issues we know but they are not what you seems to think they are, infact the major issue is the press is far to right wing on every issue and isnt really showing the actual truth as much as it should.

Quit your bullshit. You hate Russia for the same reason little Marco rubio does. You hate it, because your privileged grand parents who lived of colonial inequality were kicked out by pupular revolution.
    What the...?!

I'm not Cuban.................... my cousins are half..... but I'm half Italian, not half Cuban.

Nice misfire there, my Brilliant Bulgarian Broski.

And you know the funny part? Russia and china are allies, and would not hesitate to fuck up US even if trump is president, if the opportunity arises
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Hillary being a terrible candidate that spend 30 years being smeared was definitely the defining stupid moment for the Democratic Party...since maybe trying to run Kerry in 2004. Actually probably worse than that, since beating Trump was supposed to be a sure thing.

democrats will do great once they stop being the GOP lite party. the gop lite style have been a total failure no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    It will be known as the moment we took our country back from invading cultures and immigrants who hate what our country has always stood for and seek to convert us.
    Who is invading? Mexicans? More are leaving than coming here. Muslims? Not really. Pretty much all of our radical islamic attacks that we have had since 9/11, have been made by citizens. Not people that have come from other countries. But thanks for not knowing what you are talking about.

What the...?!

I'm not Cuban.................... my cousins are half..... but I'm half Italian, not half Cuban.
    Your grand parents are from Columbia. You hate the country for being too left leaning, so now you cling to your mother's side of the family which has distant Italian roots.

It's hashtag Sad.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-22 at 10:59 PM.