Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, but you can when he violates the Emoluments Clause.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is buying this.
    No. You've decided it for yourself because you don't like me not agreeing mindlessly with you.

Let's not forget, it wasn't only the polls that gave Trump no chance of winning the election. Trump himself was bitching nonstop about how the election was rigged against him, and they'd already began preparing Trump TV as their next move. There are plenty of stories out there about how the Trump campaign never expected to win the nomination, let alone the general, and that the entire operation was little more than a ploy to get his name out there to boost ratings for his TV show. This is the true embarrassment of the election - here was a man who ran a shoddy campaign never expecting to win and barely even making an effort, yet right wing voters were so desperate to latch onto anything they supported him anyway. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Tell me why you hate America Wells.
    Your reading comprehension blows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Okay, cool. Classical democracy. You realize we were purposefully designed to not be a classical democracy, correct? Again, it's not an accident that we are not a direct democracy. That was on purpose. Wait, oh, you're not even from America. You see, as I've been saying, we are not a direct democracy, pal.
    We're aware that the American system of government is highly anachronistic, thanks.

Tell me why you hate America Wells.
    It was pretty clear what he said. If you have something against your government (or elected officials) you can and should protest. I mean i'm dumbing it down to 3rd grade level, so i really hope that you understand now
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Let's not forget, it wasn't only the polls that gave Trump no chance of winning the election. Trump himself was bitching nonstop about how the election was rigged against him, and they'd already began preparing Trump TV as their next move. There are plenty of stories out there about how the Trump campaign never expected to win the nomination, let alone the general, and that the entire operation was little more than a ploy to get his name out there to boost ratings for his TV show. This is the true embarrassment of the election - here was a man who ran a shoddy campaign never expecting to win and barely even making an effort, yet right wing voters were so desperate to latch onto anything they supported him anyway. Sad!
    It was that last minute intervention by the FBI that saved Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    The polls just explain why Trump's inauguration was so light despite the unemployment rate being so high and work force participation rate being so low. The polls explain why we are seeing so many people protesting right now.
    And the polls explained how vote spread works.

Wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It was pretty clear what he said. If you have something against your government (or elected officials) you can and should protest
    Then no one had any business telling the self-respecting Americans protesting Obama to stop and accept him.

Hippocrates is smiling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Democracy, a system of government whose basis is public mandate, gets destroyed if the government has a public mandate. Right.
    No. Democracy through mob rule results in the freedoms of the non majority being destroyed. It results in even more unequal representation for the minority. Mob rule, and therefore direct democracy, leads to oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Democracy through mob rule results in the freedoms of the non majority being destroyed. It results in even more unequal representation for the minority. Mob rule, and therefore direct democracy, leads to oppression.
    Which is why I'm willing to bet you were kicking and screaming when the judiciary overturned Proposition 8.

We aren't talking about civil liberties, we're talking about the election of a government.

And minority rule can't lead to that because?

Minority rule does exactly that, but in a worse fashion, and it is what happened in the US. boy the mental gymnastics of the trumpettes are a joy to see
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

And the polls explained how vote spread works.

Wait.
    Derp derp. Critical thinking is hard. Gotta repeat what Yuujin said to seem like I'm keeping up with the conversation.

Derp derp. Critical thinking is hard. Gotta repeat what Yuujin said to seem like I'm keeping up with the conversation.
    Hey. I'm not the people trying to convince others how you Totes won even though you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's going to be both. Stopping Donald Trump dead in his tracks and removing him as a matter of principle, and then replacing him with a better alternative.

It's not just that Donald Trump stands for things I disagree with. Him sitting on that office is him shitting on a proud and honest inheritance for all Americans. He is in so many ways, unworthy of his position. He must go. Impeachment or resignation. The date with destiny will be arranged and that better alternative put foward in tandem.
    you do realize there wont be a revote if somehow Trump was impeached for forced to resign? you do realize you dont get to fall back on the past election and say, Hillary gets put in office?

Pence. Pence would automatically become the new President. no revote, no do~overs, no "please put my choice from the last election in place like i thought she should have been all along".

Just curious if impeachment is really what you people want, or if you simply use it as a buzzword without thinking of the rules that would follow the action.

not saying Pence is unqualified or worse than Trump, but not much would change if impeachment were to happen.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-01-22 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you do realize there wont be a revote if somehow Trump was impeached for forced to resign? you do realize you dont get to fall back on the past election and say, Hillary gets put in office?

Pence. Pence would automatically become the new President. no revote, no do~overs, no "please put my choice from the last election in place like i thought she should have been all along".

Just curious if impeachment is really what you people want, or if you simply use it as a buzzword without thinking of the rules that would follow the action.
    Pence, while a massive piece of shit, is a known factor due to being a deeply establishment Republican.

Hey. I'm not the people trying to convince others how you Totes won even though you didn't.
    You're really good at arguing against positions people haven't taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

It's why this should be treated like the Obama won tantrums. Impeachment and assassination were constantly on people's lips and it was so deliciously stupid.

And good gravy the stupidity hasn't diminished in it here. If Bill didn't get (successfully) impeached and Bush didn't get impeached or jailed, he will not get impeached.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really good at arguing against positions people haven't taken.
    And you'll never find me saying Donald Trump or his positions are good. But I keep getting called a supporter. So, hush.

In America you can't just impeach the President because you don't agree with him, old sport.
    Guess what old sport? It's going to be the Republicans which tie, then hoist, the political noose. Not the Democrats.

That's the greatest irony of it all. Don't believe me? Look into how Richard Nixon was impeached. It was Republicans who finally pushed him out, when they told him that they didn't support him.

You know what I hope Trump does? You know what I KNOW he will do? As a populist who is largely about himself, he will make an enemy of Republicans in Congress and, should his popularity falter, use them as punching bags and articles of blame for his failure to deliver. We already saw that with the whole Ethics Committee thing earlier this month.

He has a limited number of times he will be able to do that. There will come a point where he has alienated everybody and has nobody to protect him, because he will have spent months or even years, throwing them under the bus to save himself. When that happens, coupled with "the big one" scandal... that is how Trump goes. The moment he needs allies, he'll find that everybody is ready to be rid of him.

7+ Year Old Account

He's thinking that the office of the Presidency is defiled by Trump...still...he's letting his rage towards Trump cloud his judgement.

If Pence becomes president..America will burn and I'm not talking these protests. They'd be small potatoes compared to the riots that would occur if someone like Pence became president and not from the "deplorables" ( who'd be furious anyway ) but from the left wing are frankly horrified of Pence far more then they are of Trump.

If anyone wants to remove Trump they need to remove Pence first from office....but then you'd get Paul Ryan....who is widely despised as well by a LOT of people. I think the only guy who could take over without America burning is Orrin Hatch, the third in line.

Ford was able to take from Nixon because wasn't someone people despised at the same or feared and Ford was a good president. People fear Pence, they despise Ryan.

We already saw that with the whole Ethics Committee thing earlier this month.
    Actually Paul Ryan stopped the ethics committee not Trump. Trump was just the final shot and a warning from the Republican leadership that they were going too far.

This isn't Nixon 2.0. Nixon won with the establishment his elections.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-01-22 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Lazy...sad!
    I spit out my drink LOL. And I am one of the people who is somewhat optimistic.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.