Gul'dan Cooldown Use

Trying to figure out when I should be hitting my cooldowns to get the most out of them. Also trying to figure out how this special action button affects my cooldowns. Does anyone have any insight? (Recently switched to Havoc at the behest of my guild.)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    Trying to figure out when I should be hitting my cooldowns to get the most out of them. Also trying to figure out how this special action button affects my cooldowns. Does anyone have any insight? (Recently switched to Havoc at the behest of my guild.)
    Open with Felrush -> Felblade and do normal rotation, do NOT place nemesis on Gul'dan, do NOT meta at the start and do NOT use the extra action button. Felguard comes up, hard swap to him. A Liquid Hellfire will go out before the Inquisitor spawns. Wait for that. Inquisitor spawns, Meta onto him, chaos blades, nemesis, special action button.

2nd special action button is sync'd with dreadlord/eye spawns

Second Chaos Blades and Nemesis will come up just before the 2nd dreadlord during phase 2 if your dps is decent. Nemesis Gul'dan, Chaos Blades, special action button just as eyes spawn, blow them up.

2nd Meta/3rd Chaos Blades/Nemesis will be during Phase 3 or late phase 2, sync them. You will likely get a 4th Chaos Blades/Nemesis near the tail end of the fight.

Special action button works just like haste bubbles in Elisande and warped time on Chronomatic Anomaly as in it speeds "time" by 30% for 10 seconds. So thats everything. Cooldowns, dots, everything moves 30% faster. It ends early if you take any fire damage during its duration. This is unavoidable during liquid hellfire. Never use the extra action button when a liquid hellfire is going to happen within 10 seconds. Other things that can break this effect are: Gul'dans fire beam during P1, breaking felbonds during P2, etc
    Last edited by Zencurse; 2017-01-22 at 08:56 AM.

always use special action button before poping cd
    make sure that he has casted liquid hellfire, you are not hit by eyes or any other fire spells before use action button

you start pull with normal rotation once he cast his liquid hellfire u pop action button after that meta nemesis chaos blade

you get 30% cd reduction from that action button buff, as well as haste, its like short time bloodlust so you want to use it for full duration

Would not be better to use special button after nemesis/chaos blades? Its shorter than all this buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zencurse View Post
    Open with Felrush -> Felblade and do normal rotation, do NOT place nemesis on Gul'dan, do NOT meta at the start and do NOT use the extra action button. Felguard comes up, hard swap to him. A Liquid Hellfire will go out before the Inquisitor spawns. Wait for that. Inquisitor spawns, Meta onto him, chaos blades, nemesis, special action button.

2nd special action button is sync'd with dreadlord/eye spawns

Second Chaos Blades and Nemesis will come up just before the 2nd dreadlord during phase 2 if your dps is decent. Nemesis Gul'dan, Chaos Blades, special action button just as eyes spawn, blow them up.

2nd Meta/3rd Chaos Blades/Nemesis will be during Phase 3 or late phase 2, sync them. You will likely get a 4th Chaos Blades/Nemesis near the tail end of the fight.

Special action button works just like haste bubbles in Elisande and warped time on Chronomatic Anomaly as in it speeds "time" by 30% for 10 seconds. So thats everything. Cooldowns, dots, everything moves 30% faster. It ends early if you take any fire damage during its duration. This is unavoidable during liquid hellfire. Never use the extra action button when a liquid hellfire is going to happen within 10 seconds. Other things that can break this effect are: Gul'dans fire beam during P1, breaking felbonds during P2, etc
    Nice tips, ty!

What's weird is that when I hit the special action button, I see it reduce my cooldowns and when the effect ends, the cooldowns go back to the timer they had before the special button was hit. I'm not *really* noticing anything coming up any faster.

//edit: so ye the cooldowns are reduced only for duration of buff and return back to original after buff expire :/
    Last edited by oneclosetothesun; 2017-01-24 at 08:20 PM.

How does Nemesis interact with the mob types in this fight? If you cast nemesis on adds, do you get the bonus on guldan?
    I'd never seen this fight before last night, and the empowered eyes were wrecking us. I actually switched to Fel Eruption (lol) for the first time in the life of my DH just to have more burst on each eye spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    How does Nemesis interact with the mob types in this fight? If you cast nemesis on adds, do you get the bonus on guldan?
    I'd never seen this fight before last night, and the empowered eyes were wrecking us. I actually switched to Fel Eruption (lol) for the first time in the life of my DH just to have more burst on each eye spawn.
    Guldan is Humanoid. All the adds except the eyes are Demons. The eyes are not labeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Guldan is Humanoid. All the adds except the eyes are Demons. The eyes are not labeled.
    It would seem, then, that nemesis may not be an optimal choice for this fight? The adds don't live long enough to get full benefit from it, and if you pop it on guldan then you'll have to stick on him rather than switching off onto adds.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    It would seem, then, that nemesis may not be an optimal choice for this fight? The adds don't live long enough to get full benefit from it, and if you pop it on guldan then you'll have to stick on him rather than switching off onto adds.
    You Nemesis the first demons, then Guldan afterwards.

Yeah, it is a pain in the ass for the adds in P2/P3. Gotta see if the rest of the raid can handle target switching as our damage outside of burst/nemesisis kinda meh anyway.