Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have a child. Helps that I'm gay! xD I used to want child, but I now hate them. With a passion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have sex with an open door when I was around 4 y/o. I would never do such a thing to my children, I would be considerate enough to invite them to participate!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Man am i the only one with decent parents? jeez

Deleted
    I swear to never punish in the same fashion my parents did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I would never force them into a religion. They are free to choose what they believe in after I show them a couple of Neil Degrasse lectures.

After that, they are out of my jurisdiction
    I think that is pretty important. My parents raised me Christian, and I went to Christian schools up until my Junior year in High school. I have never explicitly said religion isn't for me, but they understand my stance. Our relationship would be pretty strained if they constantly brought it up. Ultimately, they let me decide and quietly accepted my choice.

I can't remember anything that was fucked enough I would think "I'll swear I'll never do that".
    Yeah, my parents were pretty rad, happy childhood and all that.

Screw everything he could get his hands on and leave me with a dozen bastard siblings and a real angry mom.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Each other.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Smoking

/10char

Get married

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    1. My older brother and I had jobs around the neighborhood / town which we used to save up cash, since our parents didn't believe in allowances. A few years go by and I go into the bank to deposit my latest lawn mowing / snow shoveling endeavors. Only to be told by the teller and manager that not only was my account empty, but my parents had withdrew all $500 (for a 16 year old that was a lot!). Rage ensued when it was later found that half of it was given to my sibling who blew it on a green drug, while the other half was used to gamble with.

2. Parents took it upon themselves to take my car and title while I was at work (high school, first car only had it 1 week) and use the car for a trade in. Wouldn't let me go near the trade in for about a year. Ironic that without my car being used, they wouldn't have been able to make the trade in the 1st place. Found this out years later when I worked for the car lot where the car was traded in at.

3. Decided between themselves that it would be a good idea to take my 4th car and loan it to my younger brother. Except for the fact that it wasn't tabbed, licensed or insured. It gets better - the car wasn't street legal, setup for auto crossing. They also decided those "wide racing tires" wouldn't be a good idea to drive for 100 - 200 miles on, took it to a tire store which kept said tires and sold them a set of cheapos. One would think when a younger brother has an older brother that built cars for a few years, some basic common sense / maintenance would rub off, right? Nope, as I'm getting home from work I see smoke billowing out from the hood. Apparently between the 3 of them, they decided to play a game of "lets see how far we can drive the car with no oil!!!." I still /facepalm about this because the car was taken after I had run to the auto parts store, left a jug of oil, oil filter etc, on the hood as well as telling them I will tune it up after work since I was called in early.

But wait, there's more!!! Above car had to be sold as a parts car since the engine was toast, while I was able to find a buyer on a nissan forum, my parents insisted I owed them money for the "really good tires" they had just put on a car which they had just admitted they stole and wouldn't be paying for the engine. Their thought process went along the lines of stealing was ok, giving away $650 in tires was ok, but holy crap you didn't pay us back the $90 in cheap tires which we put on your car that we stole? You ungrateful little %hi&!

Their is more, but just thinking of the above makes me want to slam my hooha in a sliding glass door, repeatedly.
    Please tell us you don't still live with or talk to them

I have very few complaints when it comes to my parents or how they raised me.
    My dad did work way too much when I was younger and even though he's "retired", he still does.

I'd be happy if I could do as well as my parents did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Smoke I guess. My family life isn't that fucked up really.

I was born into a household with a very caring and loving mother, but a neglectful and slightly abusive father. My mother would do things like go hungry to feed us, pay more bills than my father even though she made half as much money, etc. My father would throw me around about once or twice a year, accuse me of doing things I didn't do, never apologize when he was wrong, and would go out of his way to punish me over incredibly stupid things. While I'm making my father sound a lot worse than he really was, he was mostly just very neglectful. I would go long periods of time without seeing him even though we lived in the same house.

That being said, I vowed never to be like that. While I do have his temper somewhat, I have it more controlled. I don't hit, throw, or break things. Nor do I say things I will regret later.

My mom and dad went over $10,000 in debt because of Credit Cards. When they finally started to recover, it was bad for a long time. I remember eating mostly toast and school lunch was the best meal of the day. After they got out of a lot of their debt, they immediately plunged themselves back into more credit card debt. I vowed never to get a credit card, and I still don't have one. My credit score is 739, I'm just doing it through bank loans rather than credit cards.

Other than that, I can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    hahaha haha. So you'd rather be miserable than be happy? Your children aren't stupid and will see right through your act. Divorce, but be decent to each other. It's not a hard thing to do.

My parents did the while "let's not divorce". It lead to screaming matches and fucked me up more than the divorce did.
    My parents played along for couple years, and me and my sister easily saw the charade for what it was. We were like 9 and 8 at the time. Wasn't good for anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Have kids.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like a couple of others in this thread, it's smoking for me. My parents - both smokers - were good people, but I vowed to never smoke a single day in my life.

have a kid.

i'll never put someone through living in this hell.

Nothing. Childhood was chilling. Nothing to complain about

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Divorce as well, i know it's an unrealistic thing but that's the one thing i would try to avoid above all others... Divorce is a really shit thing to do to your kids.
    I think not divorcing is very realistic, barring scenarios where one parent is abusive or a direct cancer in a family.

If an relationship is unbearable, end it; just remain a cohesive household for the sake of your kids. You can see other people/have a more open relationship and still nurture a child.