Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    BECUZ MAH POOPULAR VOTE!
    Only someone completely ignorant of how people vote (and more importantly, don't vote) in FPTP-type elections would make that sort of claim, so surely Wells must be referring to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    You got the wrong idea that I'm supporting anything he said. I didn't even know he claimed anything before you said it and honestly I don't care much about that. I care about supposedly trustworthy news station of educated part of society lowering themselves so much.
    Let me get this straight.

You said CNN photoshopped a picture -- again, good luck proving that by the way -- to make the crowd look smaller.

And now, you are claiming that you don't support one million people.

So...you're claiming that CNN photoshopped to trim from 800,000 to 600,000 or some such? What are you saying, exactly? That CNN photoshopped a picture they have no reason to, since the crowds really were not that big?

Make your position, then defend it. Because right now, it looks like you're accusing CNN of photoshopping something to create "fake news" that everyone else agrees with.

One woman had a sign "Fight like a girl!" lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Typical feminists turning a controversy that had barely anything to do with women into something mostly about women all because of some leaked footage of something Trump said in private.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Typical feminists turning a controversy that had barely anything to do with women into something mostly about women all because of some leaked footage of something Trump said in private.
    There were far more than just 'feminists' marching.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Only someone completely ignorant of how people vote (and more importantly, don't vote) in FPTP-type elections would make that sort of claim, so surely Wells must be referring to something else.
    You're going to be very dissappointed if he ever responds. That is exactly what him and other people mean when that is said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, but it's not called the 'far more than just feminists march' is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but it's not called the 'far more than just feminists march' is it?
    It's called the women's march because it was begun primarily as a Planned Parenthood rally, but has since become a vehicle for a variety of difference interests all of whom are threatened by Trump and the Republican Party.

It's easy to get protesters. I did one against repealing a charter school system in middle school because they promised us the day out..

A bunch of students futzing with gameboys and ipods on camera in the middle of the school week is hilarious in hindsight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Let me get this straight.

You said CNN photoshopped a picture -- again, good luck proving that by the way -- to make the crowd look smaller.

And now, you are claiming that you don't support one million people.

So...you're claiming that CNN photoshopped to trim from 800,000 to 600,000 or some such? What are you saying, exactly? That CNN photoshopped a picture they have no reason to, since the crowds really were not that big?

Make your position, then defend it. Because right now, it looks like you're accusing CNN of photoshopping something to create "fake news" that everyone else agrees with.
    My position is - CNN acts like some kind of lowest UFO-level conspiracy news agency, instead of being what it supposedly was, an objective news agency made by educated people for educated people. And then this top-level agency drops photos like this - literally the level of UFO conspiracy theories. If you really want to be smarter than me, explain me how and possibly why did they that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's easy to get protesters.
    It's probably also easy to get people to show up to the inauguration. Shame that didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called the women's march because it was begun primarily as a Planned Parenthood rally, but has since become a vehicle for a variety of difference interests all of whom are threatened by Trump and the Republican Party.
    And the main focus is still women.

you mean his plans to defund planned parenthood, make abortions damn near inaccessible, remove contraceptive coverage from insurance (which he is also happens to be repealing without replacing it with anything resembling a working solution) have nothing to do with women? his comments and his behavior is bad enough (I do love how you claim that him essentially endorsing sexual harassment of women has barely anything to do with women), but its just a drop in a bucket of all the issues that his presidency is creating.

and the focus is that women specifically are marching against it. which is why its women's march.

It's probably also easy to get people to show up to the inauguration. Shame that didn't happen.
    When it gets you tagged as the spawn of Satan? Probably.

Meanwhile, you're a hero right now if you scream Fuck Trump into a camera. How things changed since 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    My position is - CNN acts like some kind of lowest UFO-level conspiracy news agency, instead of being what it supposedly was, an objective news agency made by educated people for educated people. And then this top-level agency drops photos like this - literally the level of UFO conspiracy theories. If you really want to be smarter than me, explain me how and possibly why did they that?
    *cracks knuckles*

You are asking me to explain why your conclusion -- CNN photoshopping a picture -- is true, and explain how (really? how?) and why they did that.

No.

First, you are the one that claimed they photoshopped a picture. The burden's on you.

Second, your claim is based, right now, on a lack of motive. The crowd was small. Photoshopping was completely unnecessary.

And third, just for fun, here is a gigapixel of the inauguration. You will see it was posted by CNN. It, too, shows a ton of whitespace. Good luck claiming that is photoshopped.

Three strikes. You're out. And yes, I do think I'm smarter than you, but I had no basis to make that assumption until you posted something.

Deleted
    Just another pointless protest march. But it is their good right to do so ofcourse

I am also not sure what it's really about and going by the interviews they did with some of these women, neither do they. Seems people are just angry in general these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    When it gets you tagged as the spawn of Satan? Probably.

Meanwhile, you're a hero right now if you scream Fuck Trump into a camera.
    I'm not sure what your point is. That Trump is unpopular? Because I think we can agree on that.

I'm not sure what your point is. That Trump is unpopular? Because I think we can agree on that.
    That people are being fucking obtuse about the vitriol for Trump and his supporters after all that "Love Trumps Hate" bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Just another pointless protest march. But it is their good right to do so ofcourse

I am also not sure what it's really about and going by the interviews they did with some of these women, neither do they. Seems people are just angry in general these days.
    Because no one does. Someone told them to be angry, not why they are angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    This photo made me laugh, really nailed the feeling from the day before.

That's a pretty good sign.