Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's a pretty good sign.
    Looks like it was pulled from an FEMA emergency disaster binder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *cracks knuckles*

You are asking me to explain why your conclusion -- CNN photoshopping a picture -- is true, and explain how (really? how?) and why they did that.

No.
    No indeed, because I do not ask for it (unless you wanna play some typical internet pick-a-word game). I ask for YOUR conclusion about what I presented. Do not avoid it now. You are smarter after all.

Or just admit you know how this game works. You turn everything to be about *me* when I want to know about *you*.
    First, you are the one that claimed they photoshopped a picture. The burden's on you.
    That was not a claim. Or maybe it was. Whatever it's not a scientific paper or academic discussion... That was a deduction made by an average person about the most possible reason it was presented as it was in circumstances as they are right now. Now, unless you want to hide behind picking words to prove otherwise, I want to know *your* deduction about all that, now that we know about fake-news, populist propaganda and all that. How do this news compare to that?

Second, your claim is based, right now, on a lack of motive. The crowd was small. Photoshopping was completely unnecessary.
    Why did they present it in such a shitty way on their front page then? You could literally count heads at Obama's inaugurations already, all they had to do is make the same photo for Trump's. Case closed, no conspiracy theories, no Fox News spreading news about lying CNN, posting manipulated photos from 'proper' angles or whatever. I really don't want to act smart if there exists better explanation, but I just can't find any, not for a news station that's supposed to be smart, educated, not-redneck and ahead of everyone else.

And third, just for fun, here is a gigapixel of the inauguration. You will see it was posted by CNN. It, too, shows a ton of whitespace. Good luck claiming that is photoshopped.
    WHYYYYY didn't they use those on their fron page at inauguration day then ??? Here, I make no claim, I want *you* to make one. Or, if you could just leave internet-word-games, just simply answer the real question...

Three strikes. You're out. And yes, I do think I'm smarter than you, but I had no basis to make that assumption until you posted something.
    Out of what? You just act like stereotypical coastal elite in their own bubble... And I've never even been to USA lol.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2017-01-22 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    I ask for YOUR conclusion about what I presented.
    What you presented is based on
    a) a flawed premise
    b) insufficient evidence (see also: gigapixel)
    c) a picture sized to fit Twitter, and
    d) is matched by CBS, Reuters, USA Today, NBC, ABC, FOX, Yahoo News, I mean seriously did you watch it?

So when you say

I were wondering why did CNN released 'news-photos' comparing crowds at Obama's and Trump's inauguration yesterday or day before, lowering themselves below fake-news, merely to UFO-stories. Literally same shit - photos from 8 years ago in great resolution showing great crowds at Obama's inauguration. Then, 8 years worth of technological development they presented photo of Trump's inauguration in shitty resolution comparable to earliest digital cameras from 20 years ago or something.

Now if I add 1+1... Just how easy it is to photoshop something in such crappy resolution and what if you want to push your own agenda about superiority of opposite 'gathering' like one this thread is about... Yeah I can add. Just who came with those 'fake-news' again in the first place?
    Your 1+1 does not equal 2. Your 1+1 doesn't even seem to equal a number. Your use of sarcastic quotes, plus your ignorance of the best possible resolution shot being from CNN, and your inability to see that CNN's "fake-news UFO-story" picture to "push your own agenda" matched what every other news organization showed, plus what you yourself would have seen if you looked at it, means your entire argument is not just based on a flawed premise, but on one that's actually the reverse of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Because no one does. Someone told them to be angry, not why they are angry.
    Some of them know why, but it becomes rather strange when people outside the US get offended by that, and I'm not talking about Mexicans here. I've talked to people that think he is evil incarnate and asked them why they think so, they couldn't name a single thing besides maybe the wall thing. I get if you are an American and have little faith that his cabinet is going to do a good job, that your health care will get worse and that your trade relationships might get a bit frostier, but why someone over the pond would be offended by that, I simply don't get.

Pussy hats.....

/facepakm
    /cringe
    /sigh
    /le sigh

Deleted
    What you presented is based on
    a) a flawed premise
    what?
    b) insufficient evidence (see also: gigapixel)
    Never properly posted on front page, meaning not existent in mass-media.
    c) a picture sized to fit Twitter, and
    That picture was a front news of most renewed news station, but I guess you know better.
    d) is matched by CBS, Reuters, USA Today, NBC, ABC, FOX, Yahoo News, I mean seriously did you watch it?
    No, didn't watch it. I want to watch *your* opinion about all that? I said what I did, related to news that I mentioned, not any other. All I wanted to know is *your* opinion, not anything you've linked from elsewhere, unless you specifically, personally and whatnot support it.
    So when you say

(...)

Your 1+1 does not equal 2. Your 1+1 doesn't even seem to equal a number. Your use of sarcastic quotes, plus your ignorance of the best possible resolution shot being from CNN, and your inability to see that CNN's "fake-news UFO-story" picture to "push your own agenda" matched what every other news organization showed, plus what you yourself would have seen if you looked at it, means your entire argument is not just based on a flawed premise, but on one that's actually the reverse of what you said.
    It may be of whatever I did, but I still don't know yours.

Since you are avoiding to speak your own opinion so much, trying to put it all on me instead, I wonder, is all that coastal-liberal-elitist-or-whatever-bubble thing actually real?

what's a "LGBTQAI"?

Deleted
    Instead of protesting about bathroom right or silly remarks they could also fight for the real war on women. But I guess that's not what they want to hear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    what's a "LGBTQAI"?
    I think they're on a crusade to add enough letters to include every group, so that we can all claim to be oppressed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Bush and Obama taught me just how garbage approval ratings are.
    They started out with high approval ratings, and ended low.

So what happens when Trump starts out lower than both of them?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I think they're on a crusade to add enough letters to include every group, so that we can all claim to be oppressed.
    I doubt you will see a W or an M in there .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Instead of protesting about bathroom right or silly remarks they could also fight for the real war on women. But I guess that's not what they want to hear?
    They do. Where have you been? You people keep posting this as if it's some kind of intelligent (hahahahaha) diss against women fighting to protect hard earned first world rights, and act as if fighting for both this and Muslim women is impossible. They manage to do both. Maybe not in the same afternoon, but I'd bet a lot of money it's far more than you've ever accomplished in your life. In before you post your resume as some kind of proof as to what you've "accomplished" in life.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I doubt you will see an H or C in there .

As for the person that asked, afaik Q is for queer, A for asexual and I for intersex. So now that people legitimate sexual orientations are covered and they made their little swing people with mential issues in form of body dysmorphia they are now back and started adding the 4chan troll letters of people that wanted to be special and and have either no sexuality, people who like to cross dress and people that want to be special every day and flip flop as needed..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-22 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to watch *your* opinion about all that?
    Sigh.

I have as much need, and desire for that matter, to comment on your premise as I do to explain why all cats are purple. All cats are not purple. Your argument is invalid -- not a meme it really is invalid. You picked the worst picture you could find, blamed CNN for making it fake news, and asked me to defend them. No. That's not how it works.

1) Everyone else has basically the same picture, because that's what was actually there.
    2) There was no need to photoshop a picture of a low turnout, because there was a low turnout. If CNN wanted to show a low turnout, their best option would have been an honest picture. Photoshop would have been more time and energy spent for a worse result.
    3) CNN has posted the largest, best resolution picture of the inauguration there is. Your assertion that CNN is publishing blurry photos at UFO-level of credibility are summarily refuted.
    4) "I didn't see it, so it didn't happen" is bullshit and not even you believe it. Choosing not to look for evidence, especially when such evidence was literally on the same page as the picture you found -- and CNN was bragging about it -- makes that your fault, not theirs.

I am putting it on you, because your argument was flawed from the get-go. Everything you stated was the reverse of true. It is not elitism to point out that your argument has the opposite of facts and is not based on evidence or logic.

Give up. You lost this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt you will see an H or C in there .

As for the person that asked, afaik Q is for queer, A for asexual and I for intersex. So now that people legitimate sexual orientations are covered and they made their little swing people with mential issues in form of body dysmorphia they are now back and started adding the 4chan troll letters of people that wanted to be special and and have either no sexuality, people who like to cross dress and people that want to be special every day and flip flop as needed..
    If Q stands for Queer, then L & G are redundant.

I think it originated from an LGBT Q&A session, someone misread it and the additional letters have stuck.

Deleted
    Sigh.

I have as much need, and desire for that matter, to comment on your premise as I do to explain why all cats are purple. All cats are not purple. Your argument is invalid -- not a meme it really is invalid. You picked the worst picture you could find, blamed CNN for making it fake news, and asked me to defend them. No. That's not how it works.
    *I* didn't pick any picture. It was on the FRONT NEWS. Didn't notice when I became main guy there to decide those things.
    Besides, do you? *You* commented this in the first place. You sounded exactly as you wanted to explain... Should I've just ignored you or what? Now you just sound like giving up.
    1) Everyone else has basically the same picture, because that's what was actually there.
    Who's *every*one? You posting different one than blurred FRONT-PAGE one is enough to show it. Or maybe *I* personally saw some exceptional front-news made especially for me?
    2) There was no need to photoshop a picture of a low turnout, because there was a low turnout. If CNN wanted to show a low turnout, their best option would have been an honest picture. (...)
    Once again - WHY didn't they just do that then? Your picture weren't in FRONT news.
    3) CNN has posted the largest, best resolution picture of the inauguration there is. Your assertion that CNN is publishing blurry photos at UFO-level of credibility are summarily refuted.
    It's not refuted, because mass-media don't work just as fact-based scientific discussions or whatever. It doesn't matter they posted your picture 'somewhere'. Doesn't matter it's a fact that it was posted. What matters is what was on front page and few first lines on any given article. They should've known it better than anyone else how it works than anyone...
    4) "I didn't see it, so it didn't happen" is bullshit and not even you believe it. Choosing not to look for evidence, especially when such evidence was literally on the same page as the picture you found -- and CNN was bragging about it -- makes that your fault, not theirs.
    What exactly didn't happen? Numbers that I never claimed to begin with? Or something that you tried to force into my mouth with those links? Please tell me what is this about. My 'claim', if you really want to call it so, was pretty clear and it was nothing that you are talking about.
    I am putting it on you, because your argument was flawed from the get-go. Everything you stated was the reverse of true. It is not elitism to point out that your argument has the opposite of facts and is not based on evidence or logic.
    Give up. You lost this one.
    Hold your horses, my argument, whatever it would be, will remain superior, even if it was the dumbest one, unless there is any counterone. You are vigilantly avoiding to make any of your own about the situation mine is about. Your argument is about my argument, not about what my argument is about.

Besides, take a break, look back and see what actually did *I* state and what did *you* try to put into my mouth.

All the ladies are bragging that it was the largest demonstration in US history with no violence. Is that something to brag about?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    what's a "LGBTQAI"?
    Asexual and intersex.

- - - Updated - - -

If Q stands for Queer, then L & G are redundant.

I think it originated from an LGBT Q&A session, someone misread it and the additional letters have stuck.
    Within the community Queer is less specific than Gay or Lesbian. Basically just means "somewhere not quite straight".

You see only what aligns with what you want to see.
    Pot meet kettle..... except x1000 back at you....

10+ Year Old Account
    Within the community Queer is less specific than Gay or Lesbian. Basically just means "somewhere not quite straight".
    So basically meaningless and just a push to get as many people aboard the oppressed train as possible.

I am a straight man, who has never had any issues with a doctor proclaiming my cock and balls make me male, but at some point they will put one of my rather vanilla fetishes in that alphabet soup and then I can finally tick the 'other' box to proclaim my sexuality is discriminated against.

Having said that, I already have my Oppressed Person Card, what with me being half Middle Eastern. Unfortunately it doesn't work when people meet me face-to-face, as I have the wrong type of Middle Eastern background, so I can only use it online. The points system on that card is pretty shit in comparison to the Vagina Card, which has staggering bonuses, like free meals.