Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Again, this is one of the reasons why people call the working class uninformed. You aren't willing to have a serious discussion on policy, it's a binary 'win or loss' scenario to you.

But hey, we'll see who the loser is when my state continues to thrive while yet more factories in the midwest are shut down.
    I can't have a serious conversation with you. You have stated the loss of blue collared jobs is going to happen regardless of my *lol* conversation with you. You are a communist, and a hater of all things that are middle America. Is there anything else I can help you with...sir?
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Slate brought it up. Oval office decor is always a curiosity of the incoming Administration because they always put a personal spin on it.

Furthermore, as has been true since the days of Kennedy, optics matter. The Oval office is essentially a stage for Presidential optics, which is how the President looks to the American people. When actual work needs to be done, it's done in places like this.

For his part, Obama didn't like the Oval office as a stage, which is why it was rarely seen in addresses throughout his presidency. He prefered the East Room for speeches other President's would have given in the Oval office.

Dude, don't murder my nick like that. :P

It could be worse. This is the place where Merkel has her press conferences...

If you think it looks like being randomly placed in the hallway... I believe it actually is. Don't ask me why. I've never seen her make a speech in her office.

Btw, as a contrast: Our Chancellor's office:

Talk about a lack of personality, eh? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    As a Nordic I never really heard anything positive about the US unless it was stuff about science.
    Republicans are constantly the focus of laughters whenever there is a talk about America.

With Obama we all opened up a bit to America and saw some good things being done.
    Now with Trump in charge, we lost all hope.
    I think everyone needs to understand he has 4 years maximum, it's not a very long time when you take bureaucracy into account. It's unlikely that he will be able to fuck anything up in that time. He isn't the dictator, he still has to go through the senate and congress. That's a lot of people that have a say in things happening that aren't as crazy or incompetent as Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Prepare yourself to be surprised. If the democrats want to do well in the upcoming congressional elections in 2 years, they better look at why he won. They can not win by relying on California and New York alone. :P
    Because people are angry and dumb?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It was 2010.
    Explain.

Nope. It was 2010.
    One would think that Democrats would have learned to change their strategy. They know how the electoral college works.

This time around their pick just did not have the energy to run around to all those states.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I think everyone needs to understand he has 4 years maximum, it's not a very long time when you take bureaucracy into account. It's unlikely that he will be able to fuck anything up in that time. He isn't the dictator, he still has to go through the senate and congress. That's a lot of people that have a say in things happening that aren't as crazy or incompetent as Trump.
    Thankfully.
    Not to say Northern/Western Europe is any better right now with racism on the rise and loads of crazy politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone who disagrees with your political views are dumb? Does not matter however, the reason existed and the democrats failed to pay attention to it.

The media was extrapolating based on Trump's prior bids; nor did they expect the Evangelicals to back Trump over Cruz.

Again, some predictive errors do not mean the media is lying.
    They were grossly wrong every time. And every one of them...

Somewhat, but I believe hes talking about the electoral college, the democrats didn't go to the right places to get votes, the republicans did.

Trump may be a shitty president, but hes a decent business man, he knew how to market his shaky platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I can't have a serious conversation with you. You have stated the loss of blue collared jobs is going to happen regardless of my *lol* conversation with you. You are a communist, and a hater of all things that are middle America. Is there anything else I can help you with...sir?
    Stating that the inevitable decline of working class manufacturing jobs in America is inevitable isn't serious, now?

Also, funny that you should call me a communist when it is in fact the free market that is killing American manufacturing. The policies you advocate aren't capitalist, bub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand this is a personal opinion. Time always proves everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    One would think that Democrats would have learned to change their strategy. They know how the electoral college works.

This time around their pick just did not have the energy to run around to all those states.
    The Democrats did not expect the states which went so heavily for Obama to swing the way they did. Moreover, the DNC ran a shitty ground game for non-federal positions.

I understand this is a personal opinion. Time always proves everything.
    Sure it could happen, but it's more and more unlikely with every passing day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it could happen, but it's more and more unlikely with every passing day.
    From your viewpoint.

So anyone who disagrees with your political views are dumb? Does not matter however, the reason existed and the democrats failed to pay attention to it.
    You can compare trump voters to Wilders voters (in the Netherlands), which are mostly uneducated people or those that are bigoted or racist.
    There's also nothing wrong with being "dumb", as those people are as needed as smart people.

How you can stand behind a person like Trump for all the shit he says and posts on Twitter is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain.
    Obama was elected along with huge Democratic majorities precisely because his message was a pro-change message. But the optics of the bank bailouts, the fact the ACA was so conservative, etc. meant that electoral enthusiasm sharply declined and the Democrats were punished for it.

Same thing is likely to happen to the Republicans; once the honeymoon period of Trump's election wears off and the effects of his policies become manifest, there's likely to be electoral blowback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats did not expect the states which went so heavily for Obama to swing the way they did. Moreover, the DNC ran a shitty ground game for non-federal positions.
    Exactly. And there are reasons for that. Which they did not address correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump may be a shitty president, but hes a decent business man, he knew how to market his shaky platform.
    Trump is not a 'decent' businessman. All he is good at is putting his name on shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama was elected along with huge Democratic majorities precisely because his message was a pro-change message. But the optics of the bank bailouts, the fact the ACA was so conservative, etc. meant that electoral enthusiasm sharply declined and the Democrats were punished for it.

Same thing is likely to happen to the Republicans; once the honeymoon period of Trump's election wears off and the effects of his policies become manifest, there's likely to be electoral blowback.
    If he is not successful, I agree.