Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    He has been PotUS for one day and you are prejudging him. The very definition of being prejudiced. We don't know how he is going to be. Hell, our last PotUS was a civil activist from Chicago of all places with a Muslim background and from a broken home(not that that matters).
    He bloody told you how he's going to be. How long do you want to wait to start judging him? 4 years? Heck, are you even aware that your presidential debates are watched all over the world? Accusing your opponent of being a criminal that should be locked up is hardly dignified. Insulting reporters, disabled people... in my book, such a person shouldn't be a candidate to begin with, let alone win the grand prize. Of course I'll judge him now. I'll judge him for every comment he makes and has made throughout the campaign. And for every new comment that he is going to make. Think that's unfair? Touch cookie, life's a bitch and I'm not American, I can be as unfair as I want to be to him. I don't owe him jack shit, but the way he talks about Europe? Nah man, he's got something to make up for.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    *Proceeds to Like & share Keith Olbermann's latest crying session because he tells it like it is*
    Sorry bro I ain't a Murican.
    Never even heard of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Your point being?

He is still going to advance policies that further the interests of Exxon and other oil companies because it will benefit him and his cronies financially.
    Even taking a much more charitable view, it's hard to imagine that a man who's invested his entire career into Exxon isn't going to have a bit of a soft spot for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's always the option of issuing blatantly illegal executive orders and seeing if federal employees would follow them or not. I would not be super shocked if such a showdown actually happens, at least on a small scale.
    Even if he does, how many milliseconds do you think will pass before Texas or California sues the federal government for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Sorry bro I ain't a Murican.
    Sorry, didn't realize there was a blood test needed to watch videos.
    Stefan is Canadian, by the way, not a redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I guess so when you are referring to say 100 of republicans are and 10 of the democrats are. Myself I think the majority of Republicans and Democrats are not racist.
    It's a very small group (gladly) but there is a corrolation between racism and political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Stefan is Canadian, by the way, not a redneck.
    Who says I'm talking about "Stefan".

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    they are all about deregulation of anything that would hurt business's bottom line.
    Not true! Many Republicans are perfectly fine with burdensome regulations that create massive anti-competitive barriers to entry, protecting the interests of very large businesses. When it comes to regulatory policy, it's always a "who, whom?" situation for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even taking a much more charitable view, it's hard to imagine that a man who's invested his entire career into Exxon isn't going to have a bit of a soft spot for them.
    I like how the vehement Republican assumption that the federal government is inherently corrupt magically doesn't apply to Trump's cabinet.

Even if he does, how many milliseconds do you think will pass before Texas or California sues the federal government for it?
    Not long. That's why it'd be an interesting showdown! There are a lot of questions that we may well get legal answers to in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    so you think raising the cost of goods will bring jobs back to the US?
    i think companies would rather just eat the tarrif and continue selling to the entire rest of the world, much like they already do to countries who have tarrifs.
    Which would be awesome if they stop shipping the US.
    That means those products could be made here in the US now. I can remember when Walmart's marketing campaign was "Made in the USA". That was when Sam was alive. Then it went to "Everyday Low Prices".

This is not something that will happen overnight. This is something that will take years. Maybe even decades. After all it took us decades to get into this fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not long. That's why it'd be an interesting showdown! There are a lot of questions that we may well get legal answers to in the next few years.
    Indeed. We may very well witness the judicial dismantling of the DEA, to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also cheaper to make it overseas than to automate; but when it comes down to US labor versus automation, automation wins out. Why do you think we have machine-harvestable tomatoes?

And yes, I'm generally against measures that would pointlessly increase costs for consumers while damaging economic relationships with other nations.
    Increase costs for consumers? Funny thing to say as you gleefully watch the consumers lose their incomes. I know it's simple for you to blame things on robots...we aren't there yet. That is not why jobs have evaporated....its almost like the you are using robotics an excuse for not bringing manufacturing back, like you dont want those people to have jobs. You are sick man, I don't get it.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    So while I sympathize, it sounds so much like they want something that is in both direct conflict with their beliefs and can't be delivered upon. Change is difficult, but it's also inexorable. There is no turning the clock back to the America they knew.
    Maybe instead of sympathy, Democrats should have tried some empathy.

The world would have been a better place, elections included.

10+ Year Old Account
    That means those products could be made here in the US now. I can remember when Walmart's marketing campaign was "Made in the USA". That was when Sam was alive. Then it went to "Everyday Low Prices".
    Get used to "Everyday High Prices" if imports stop.

As well as a likely financial crash.

This is not something that will happen overnight. This is something that will take years. Maybe even decades. After all it took us decades to get into this fix.
    This 'fix' is only a problem for people that refuse to reskill.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your point being?

He is still going to advance policies that further the interests of Exxon and other oil companies because it will benefit him and his cronies financially.
    Tillerson is the only nominee which I think may not get approval. But I still think his chances are better than 50/50, thanks to Harry Reid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberals will defend democracy and freedom of speech up until things don't go their way.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Increase costs for consumers? Funny thing to say as you gleefully watch the consumers lose their incomes. I know it's simple for you to blame things on robots...we aren't there yet. That is not why jobs have evaporated....its almost like the you are using robotics an excuse for not bring manufacturing back. You are sick man, I don't get it.
    Gee, I wonder if that's why I support much higher wages for service sector jobs. You know, the minimum wage increases that Republicans consistently oppose?

Again, why do you think machine-harvestable tomatoes exist?

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Maybe instead of sympathy, Democrats should have tried some empathy.
    The world would have been a better place, elections included.
    The world is already a pretty wonderful places, just compare it to any time in the past and it's most likely better overall (for people, that is).
    There's always some hiccups along the way but it will continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Liberals will defend democracy and freedom of speech up until things don't go their way.
    Just like Republicans would do, both are exactly the same in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh wow, that is bad.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tje_2012-2.jpg
    I kinda like the office here.

For the press we use Nieuwspoort, which is an entire press centre that can be used for several things.
    I like that office... it's warm and wood's always good and it has a very European feel to it.

In Merkel's defense, it's a new building. And as is the case in these matters, architects like to do "new stuff", so she (that is, Schröder actually) got a new and modern office.

Fun fact, she doesn't actually work at the desk. The camera is set up at a long table for eating lunch and having meetings. That's where she sets up shop. Weird, isn't it? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Not true! Many Republicans are perfectly fine with burdensome regulations that create massive anti-competitive barriers to entry, protecting the interests of very large businesses. When it comes to regulatory policy, it's always a "who, whom?" situation for some people.
    fair enough.

they havent stopped shipping to australia... a tarrif only encourages the consumer to buy more domestic products. it does not hurt the company at all. they will simply raise prices and maybe ship less product to compensate.