View Poll Results: Is a second civil war gonna happen?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • Yes

28 20.00%
  • No

112 80.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Being disgusted at actions doesn't win wars. Training, fortitude, discipline, and access to resources win wars.
    oh god did you even bother readin?

At what point do I even mentioning what wars win?

BUt you know what loses wars? Right-wingers that have insecurity issues and thinking that they can do everything.

The protest in the 60s had a turning point when people saw on TV the disgusting actions the police took against peaceful protest

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    oh god did you even bother readin?

At what point do I even mentioning what wars win?

BUt you know what loses wars? Right-wingers that have insecurity issues and thinking that they can do everything.

The protest in the 60s had a turning point when people saw on TV the disgusting actions the police took against peaceful protest
    It's not a matter of you thinking you can win, it's a matter of knowing what it takes to win.

Those protests in the 60's have been going on from the beginning of humanity and will continue to the end of humanity until such time there is no way to lie, deceive or manipulate humans.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Trump is very popular with the Military. But it is silly to even think a civil war could start in the US at this time. A political civil war is already going on however.

Who the fuck would want a civil war? The masses would never let that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there is nothing so grave in current political climate to result in a civil war. Anyone saying 'yes' is a spoiled drama queen.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The "rich blue states"? You mean like California, which just announced that they've had an almost $2 BILLION budget shortfall (dating back to before the election, but only just announced now, of course) because they can't do basic math and accounting? Riiiiiight....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No. People nowadays are lazy pussies who only dare to vent their opinion and frustrations on message boards or organized civil marches. Revolution in the West is a thing of the past, the police state will ensure that if all else fails.
    No, the reason it won't happen is not laziness, it's the fact that no mater how much people bitch, we live in one of the highest living standards in history. There is a difference between being oppressed and angst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dekiion View Post
    The "rich blue states"? You mean like California, which just announced that they've had an almost $2 BILLION budget shortfall (dating back to before the election, but only just announced now, of course) because they can't do basic math and accounting? Riiiiiight....
    California pays more than 70 billion more in federal taxes than any other state. If you exclude NY and Taxas, California pays nearly 170 billion more than the next state...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-01-22 at 02:18 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Out of curiosity, who is talking about another civil war? You guys have already had 2, why would you want another one?
    If you want to get into the generally understood meaning of a civil war, we've arguably had one, and it wasn't the one we call by the name. What we call the Civil War was more like one of histories many sprawling and bloody wars in Europe, a bunch of sovereign entities ganging up against each other.

An actual civil war in the US today would be a hot mess, but I don't think we're anywhere near that -- I think political remedies up to and including severing parts of the Union would be able to intervene before this turned into the former Yugoslavia or modern Syria.

No, too little to gain, too much to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Who the fuck would want a civil war? The masses would never let that happen.
    You mean Wall Street would never let that happen.
    The Occupy Movement initially had a momentum that scared the hell out of them. That's why the Obama Admin helped crush it. Now the Movement is more controllable.

Deleted
    Peaceful protests do not lead to civil war. Rioting and violence might, probably not though. Seriously, if leftists want to go to war against the military and the entire Republican party (who actually believe in arming themselves...) well, good luck. It's not going to turn out well for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Peaceful protests do not lead to civil war. Rioting and violence might, probably not though. Seriously, if leftists want to go to war against the military and the entire Republican party (who actually believe in arming themselves...) well, good luck. It's not going to turn out well for you guys.
    The military these days aren't as monolithic as one believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I would LOVE to watch you put that theory to the test. ^_^

the main reason a lot of military are conservatives is because they want better pay & they like guns. thats about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The government has taken away peoples process to change things democratically. Political officials would rather take large donations from corporations and the super wealthy and ignore what the peoples voice. Violence is the last option they have to be heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Not realistic, it would be incredibly one sided.
    Republicans have far more guns & experience with them than Democrats, democrats would be slaughtered.
    If it was between those two.
    The irony is that the ones most likely to rebel and cause it are the ones with the guns.

this will be funny, some fatty gun fanatic vs thuggy gang members until the army shots both xD

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    The government has taken away peoples process to change things democratically.
    This is objectively false in every context.

You mean Wall Street would never let that happen.
    The Occupy Movement initially had a momentum that scared the hell out of them. That's why the Obama Admin helped crush it. Now the Movement is more controllable.
    Wall Street couldn't stop a revolution if it was really going to happen. A few hundred college students does not a revolution make.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Not realistic, it would be incredibly one sided.
    Republicans have far more guns & experience with them than Democrats, democrats would be slaughtered.
    If it was between those two.
    While it's probably statistically true by a large margin, I'm banking on Republicans being over confident about this...

I'm a democrat with a military background, and I own weapons. I'm in my early 30's and in good shape. If I brainstorm a moment and think about a lot of conservative republicans that talk trash about millenials and their safe spaces, I can think of 2 dozen examples of fatgut rednecks that are 50-60 years old, holding strong on to their ignorant views of the world and the "way it should be."

Oh man... if that day came when we had to take up arms, I'd already have a shortlist of people that couldn't get up off their recliners in time for me to come tuck them in for a nap.