Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thats not actually the case though is it? Theres only really one club English fans ever need to worry about.
    Ooh u cheeky bastard with facts. Well Bayern is the main "threat" ofc and can't see any club in English football close to them tbh (Frank will say that chelsea is above them for sure). But your list ends after the 13/14 group stage, after that Bayern beat United 4-2 on aggregate without a loss and Arsenal 3-1 and the season after that Bayern did lose a game to City in the group stage but won the group nonetheless but this is only Bayern and as you already stated they are the main threat.

But Dortmund have given english sides hard times and Leverkusen have snatched a win here and there, recently away to Spurs. Schalke have probably mostly got beaten and this year Gladbach lost and drew against City (right?). I should have maybe put 2010- in my post cos before that English teams were indeed a lot more superior than the German teams.

Considering that Bundesliga is such an easy league and Bayern could win it with their B squad according to people who doesn't watch the games it's quite surprising that the mighty Premier League teams nowadays are having a hard time against them in the CL. If for example Leverkusen or Dortmund played against any of the top teams in England, I wouldn't mind betting on them winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Xhaka is a decent player but fuck me he's a mongoloid. The next managers first job is to revamp our midfield. Ship out Ramsey. Educate Xhaka. Spend big on Alexis' replacement.

We hate watching our teams lose? Really Einstein?
    Well I'm studying physics so I'll take that sarcasm as a compliment I'm rooting for Arsenal in the Premier League and after Bayern so I too hate when they lose against a bundesliga team (except for Bayern) but it's nice that the Bundesliga is silencing some of the critics ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Ooh u cheeky bastard with facts. Well Bayern is the main "threat" ofc and can't see any club in English football close to them tbh (Frank will say that chelsea is above them for sure). But your list ends after the 13/14 group stage, after that Bayern beat United 4-2 on aggregate without a loss and Arsenal 3-1 and the season after that Bayern did lose a game to City in the group stage but won the group nonetheless but this is only Bayern and as you already stated they are the main threat.

But Dortmund have given english sides hard times and Leverkusen have snatched a win here and there, recently away to Spurs. Schalke have probably mostly got beaten and this year Gladbach lost and drew against City (right?). I should have maybe put 2010- in my post cos before that English teams were indeed a lot more superior than the German teams.

Considering that Bundesliga is such an easy league and Bayern could win it with their B squad according to people who doesn't watch the games it's quite surprising that the mighty Premier League teams nowadays are having a hard time against them in the CL. If for example Leverkusen or Dortmund played against any of the top teams in England, I wouldn't mind betting on them winning.
    Has anyone even said that tho here in this thread? Dont think i've seen anyone saying Premier League is better than Bundesliga. I do think its the most exciting of the top leagues tho since in almost every round there is one of the bottom teams that win or draw against the top team. And even if they lose its still usually exciting in to the end.

I think there is to much of a gap in the other big leagues between the top teams and the bottom teams. There is no doubt tho that the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern are better than the other top teams in the Premier League. Id say Chelsea atm are as good as Juventus, Sevilla, Atletico and maybe Dortmund (who aint having a good season tho). But thats about it. Then there is another gap down to Arsenal, City, Tottenham, Liverpool and United.

Seems like this game would have been perfect for Fabregas to play in. Matic and Kante seem a bit too safe against Hull City at home

Diegoooal.

He's back.
    Utterly dominate this half.

Beautiful stuff at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Has anyone even said that tho here in this thread? Dont think i've seen anyone saying Premier League is better than Bundesliga. I do think its the most exciting of the top leagues tho since in almost every round there is one of the bottom teams that win or draw against the top team. And even if they lose its still usually exciting in to the end.

I think there is to much of a gap in the other big leagues between the top teams and the bottom teams. There is no doubt tho that the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern are better than the other top teams in the Premier League. Id say Chelsea atm are as good as Juventus, Sevilla, Atletico and maybe Dortmund (who aint having a good season tho). But thats about it. Then there is another gap down to Arsenal, City, Tottenham, Liverpool and United.
    I didn't accuse anyone in this thread of saying it but it's quite a common opinion. I agree with your judging of the teams, Sevilla is a good example of a team that is often understimated. The EPL top teams are capable of winning against Madrid(s), Barca or Bayern if they play at the top of their games but they seldom do that in the CL. Then again those other teams do not have to be at their best to win against the English teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair it was a pretty clear freekick for Hull before the goal, but thats the way of football!

Cant wait for video decisions to come faster

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't accuse anyone in this thread of saying it but it's quite a common opinion. I agree with your judging of the teams, Sevilla is a good example of a team that is often understimated. The EPL top teams are capable of winning against Madrid(s), Barca or Bayern if they play at the top of their games but they seldom do that in the CL. Then again those other teams do not have to be at their best to win against the English teams.
    Ah my bad then! Thought you meant specifically in this thread

And ye if like Chelsea have one of their best days then they can obviously beat any of the 3 top teams in Europe atm. Its not like its a huuuugh cap or anything.

Well to be fair it was a pretty clear freekick for Hull before the goal, but thats the way of football!

Cant wait for video decisions to come faster

- - - Updated - - -

Ah my bad then! Thought you meant specifically in this thread

And ye if like Chelsea have one of their best days then they can obviously beat any of the 3 top teams in Europe atm. Its not like its a huuuugh cap or anything.
    Video decisions on 50/50 free kicks?
    No.

Please. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Video decisions on 50/50 free kicks?
    No.

Please. Just stop.
    I agree with Cren, video decisions should be in the game. Not for every single thing but for things in the penalty area or for other desicive things.

I agree with Cren, video decisions should be in the game. Not for every single thing but for things in the penalty area or for other desicive things.
    I agree for pens and red cards.

Not for every fucking decision.

- - - Updated - - -

oooo lucky there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hull are playing well.

Reluctant to say it, but they probably deserve a draw so far.

- - - Updated - - -

2-0 Get in.

8 points clear

Deleted
    Just drew Glasgow Rangers at Ibrox in the next round of the Scottish Cup.

Fuck.

Ryan Mason in bad condition. Fractured skull apparently?

Fucking hell. Awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Ryan Mason in bad condition. Fractured skull apparently?

Fucking hell. Awful.
    Oh? I couldn't find any info how he did. Thats just horrible Gotta hope its not as bad as it sounds

Nothing worse than a head injury in sport, all the best for the lad

- - - Updated - - -

Oh? I couldn't find any info how he did. Thats just horrible Gotta hope its not as bad as it sounds
    clash of heads with cahill. Potential brain bleed.

Deleted
    Sean Dyche should be in the next LEGO film.

- - - Updated - - -

Best of British to Ryan Mason.

15+ Year Old Account
    All the best to Ryan Mason, hope he recovers alright.

Deleted
    Mason seems to be out of danger. Sickening when you see a clash of heads (and this is coming from a guy who's seen his fair amount of Glesga Kisses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving rod Stewart's ball drawing skills in the Scottish cup draw.

Bet you would love to feel his Rod and Balls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Mason seems to be out of danger. Sickening when you see a clash of heads (and this is coming from a guy who's seen his fair amount of Glesga Kisses).
    Yeah just the thought of the clash makes me legs go all jelly :S Glad he's out of danger.

Could barely recognize him hidden behide that dead jaguar wrapped around his neck.

What does winning the Scottish cup get ya? free entry for the next pub quiz?