Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pool Artifact Power for 7.2?

My BM Hunter's Titan Strike is at Level 35 with one point in Spiritbound. It is my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that any further points in Spiritbound (artifact level 36 and above) only increase your dps by 0.5%. Therefore with the announcement of 7.2 on the PTR with the ability to add up to one extra point in all of the minor traits plus a new gold trait (15 levels), wouldn't it make more sense to pool your artifact power for 7.2? That is what I have been doing so far and I have four points stored up to this point.

What do you all think?

If you agree, which points are worth storing up for over taking the additional 0.5% in Spiritbound (how many points should you pool)?
    Last edited by Iwa Washi; 2017-01-21 at 12:50 AM.

The transition I don't think has been announced but I would think that any levels past 35 today would be accepted as the new level for your weapon and give you the traits available. For example if you are level 40 weapon you will have 5 points come 7.2 and whatever % you had would be removed.

You would probably have to have maxed out all of the other traits before putting a 4th point in.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    You would probably have to have maxed out all of the other traits before putting a 4th point in.
    Meaning 20 points in Spiritbound before you can proceed further? Is that confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwa Washi View Post
    Meaning 20 points in Spiritbound before you can proceed further? Is that confirmed?
    Obviously it's not confirmed which is why I said "probably."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Obviously it's not confirmed which is why I said "probably."
    It's not confirmed but they said at Blizzcon or right after that they'd probably do that exactly to prevent people from pooling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    It's not confirmed but they said at Blizzcon or right after that they'd probably do that exactly to prevent people from pooling like this.
    They also said one possibility was that any AP in the 20-pt traits would be automatically swapped over to the new 7.2 traits, hasn't been any confirmation as to what the final decision is.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    They also said one possibility was that any AP in the 20-pt traits would be automatically swapped over to the new 7.2 traits, hasn't been any confirmation as to what the final decision is.
    In which case pooling would still be foolish. Don't pool, just use your AP.

Deleted
    Don't look down on the 0.5% traits. Sure, it doesn't look like much, except suddenly we're doing 10% more damage which is a legendary or a set bonus damage increase.

If you're not playing on a level where traits past 35 matters, putting it into MM instead would be logical. There will be new levels of AK in 7.2 which will likely stomp on the level we already have rendering the minor amount of AP you have stashed in the bank irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You should be 54 by 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    If you're not playing on a level where traits past 35 matters, putting it into MM instead would be logical.
    It would be even more logical to just store it in the bank and then only put it into MM if he ever actually plans on playing MM. That way he literally can't be wrong.

If he puts it into MM and then doesn't end up playing the spec at all, then 7.2 drops and there's no points refund, he's going to be a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It would be even more logical to just store it in the bank and then only put it into MM if he ever actually plans on playing MM. That way he literally can't be wrong.

If he puts it into MM and then doesn't end up playing the spec at all, then 7.2 drops and there's no points refund, he's going to be a sad panda.
    If he's only just now got 35 he's obviously not a hardcore farmer, in which case any AP earned before 7.2 will most likely be made insignificant by the new AK levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You should be 54 by 7.2
    You should be?
    Very limited point of view, what about people changing specs, or classes, or new players at all, or very little time to play to farm AP?

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    If he's only just now got 35 he's obviously not a hardcore farmer, in which case any AP earned before 7.2 will most likely be made insignificant by the new AK levels.
    every 5 AK levels increases the amount earned per point by ~3x ramping up over the course of 25 days, if we keep the same 5 days per AK research time. Given that 7.2 is probably 3 months away thats still a lot of AP left on the floor. Even if they aren't at 42 when the patch drops having enough points to pick up the 3 new abilities on day 1 would be a massive boost.
    Last edited by Threndsa; 2017-01-22 at 07:27 PM.

you should hit 54 long before 7.2 and start saving AP at that point (unless u put it in other specs)
    Also they seem to add new AK in 7.2, making it even easier to get ap later.

Some big things to think about:

1. 7.2 is probably here in May time frame. AP items don't stack so you'll only be able to pool so much before you run out of bank space.
    2. The 20/20 trait is a 15% damage increase overall. That's pretty large to be honest. Totally worth it since you can get at least 800k per day with AK25 just doing world quests.
    3. If they do convert your existing 35-54 traits into the new ones it'll be a nice way to get ahead once 7.2 drops.

Finally...

4. It's WAY too early to pool AP even if that was a good idea. Figure 3 months for Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    Some big things to think about:

1. 7.2 is probably here in May time frame. AP items don't stack so you'll only be able to pool so much before you run out of bank space.
    2. The 20/20 trait is a 15% damage increase overall. That's pretty large to be honest. Totally worth it since you can get at least 800k per day with AK25 just doing world quests.
    3. If they do convert your existing 35-54 traits into the new ones it'll be a nice way to get ahead once 7.2 drops.

Finally...

4. It's WAY too early to pool AP even if that was a good idea. Figure 3 months for Nighthold.
    Can just use the AP items and hold off on placing the points, no need to save the AP items themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelantious View Post
    Can just use the AP items and hold off on placing the points, no need to save the AP items themselves.
    Would require you to stop placing points on 53 tough. Since they blocked AP pooling in 7.1.5.
    Ill be out of bankspace in 4-5 weeks (54 BM and MM).

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Would require you to stop placing points on 53 tough. Since they blocked AP pooling in 7.1.5.
    Ill be out of bankspace in 4-5 weeks (54 BM and MM).
    Tried it, doesn't work. As soon as you hit enough for 54 points it stops you from putting in more AP.