Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Does not that sound that bad, no more America Veto'ing everything related to its butt-buddy, Isreal.
    Agree or disagree with the way the US votes, it would be dumb for the US to give up such power and influence.

My whole issue is why such a proposal would be introduced in the first place because it illustrates a huge lack of judgment and insight.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    This is far from the first time such a bill has been introduced, it will go nowhere. Even most Republicans understand the importance of being in the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I suspect people know the difference, since that's a really easy difference to understand. Doesn't matter. The time to contact your representatives and speak out on a bill is before it passes, not after it passes.
    Not really. The time to contact your representative is when it looks like it's going to get through committee. About 600 House bills have been submitted already - if you respond to every one you disagree with, you're not going to have much time to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    This is far from the first time such a bill has been introduced, it will go nowhere. Even most Republicans understand the importance of being in the UN.
    I would be surprised if there has been a Congress where a bill like this -hasn't- been introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having veto power serves America interests far more than not having it. Hell the only reason there is a big hubbub about it now is because they DIDNT use their veto powers. If they removed themselves, expect to see even more things they don't like get passed. Would rather not have China and Russia take over the UNSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I would be surprised if there has been a Congress where a bill like this -hasn't- been introduced.
    You seem to be mostly right, Nothing new here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...United_Nations
    Opposition to the United Nations and its predecessor, the League of Nations, has existed from the time of formation. The John Birch Society, an anti-communist group founded in 1958, was opposed to US involvement from the society's beginning.[3] From an early date they had bumper stickers with the slogan "Get the U.S. out of the U.N. and the U.N. out of the U.S.!"[4]
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-22 at 09:09 PM.

There needs to be a clause in the organization that countries pay for it's budget proportional to their share of world GDP. America pays for too much of it.

Excellent news. The UN is a devicive and useless entity that the US spends too much on.

You want to meet? Use a fucking FaceTime app.

It's no secret that the US does not really take the UN seriously nor is the UN for the for US but that's not why the US keeps ties to the UN.
    No one has taken the UN seriously for decades.

A corrupt, left leaning, vacuous group of sycophantic hypocrites..that Saudi Arabia is on their panel for Human Rights kinda speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    A corrupt, left leaning, vacuous group of sycophantic hypocrites..that Saudi Arabia is on their panel for Human Rights kinda speaks for itself.
    You're contradicting yourself.

make america great, by throwing out what made post-war america a global power ; global influence.

while I don't think we should drop out *better to be in with a voice than sit on the outside, I do agree we need to stop throwing so much money at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So it will just be called Nited Nation then?
    They should just move it to Manchester and call it Yanited Nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    make america great, by throwing out what made post-war america a global power ; global influence.
    Lets be honest now. The US does not get its influence and power from the UN its the other way around.

The UN has no real power its resolutions have no force of law.

UN = The Arab Complaints Department

The US should leave and I hope my country follows them

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This is such a weird complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Lets be honest now. The US does not get its influence and power from the UN its the other way around.

The UN has no real power its resolutions have no force of law.
    The UN isn't about force, its about cooperation, and as anyone who's been outside the developed world would know, UN cooperation does a lot of good around the world.

The UN is a joke. Staying or leaving accomplishes little, as interesting as it would be to watch the rest of the world act without the sphere of US influence it won't pass.

The US should leave and I hope my country follows them
    Here here my fellow Australian.

Any organization that has Saudi Arabia as the leader of Human Rights within the UN is a bit of a joke.

http://tarekfatah.com/warning-graphi...-against-isis/

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Here here my fellow Australian.

Any organization that has Saudi Arabia as the leader of Human Rights within the UN is a bit of a joke.

http://tarekfatah.com/warning-graphi...-against-isis/
    Pretty horrific, but typical.

No one should be surprised, these nations are sponsored by Russia and China, two permanent members of the security council. While the Arab nations hold key positions and continues the tie up the UN with endless censure motions against Israel, attention is drawn away from China/Russia human rights violations.

To give people an idea of how backward, useless and disgraceful the UN has become, look at Aussiedude's link and remember the UN tried to censure Australia for our "human rights" violations against aboriginals. The whole organisation is a joke, and countries are mad to continue to support it financially.

GOP&Trump- We are seceding from the world!

Leave the UN, dismantle NATO, take apart the EU/fuck the Germans, build a wall on the border and make Mexico pay for it, let the Russia run amok.

With other words: Let's destroy the West. 'Cuz that will somehow make America "great again". Better be king in hell than servant in heaven?

- - - Updated - - -

bla bla bla rant
    The main ally and primary backer of Saudi Arabia is not China or Russia...It is the US. Israel is a shit show and being Arab doesn't make you inherently wrong.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/11/01/...s-council-seat Read how Saudi Arabia ended up on the council and Russia lost its seat.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2017-01-23 at 02:04 AM.

I like that the people that threw a fit when Obama didn't veto the UN resolution on Israel are the same people now claiming the UN is pointless.