Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, the more he lies, the more they will support him?

I guess that says a lot about the people who support him.
    Not so much the more he lies, rather the more he gets revenge on the media for the shit that they did to him lol. Off the top of my head we've seen the main stream media during Trump's presidential run:
    - Compare Trump and his supporters to the KKK
    - Suggests Trump believes in rape because he joked in private a decade ago with a friend by saying "Grab them by the pussy"
    - Massively downplayed Trump's chances of winning the election
    - Recently released "information" that Trump paid hookers to pee on a bed Obama and his wife slept on lmao

I could go on but for the sake of time, you get the idea. The MSM has played games for far too long, so when Trump supporters see the Donald is playing games with them now, naturally many people are going to say "it's about time".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He only has mid 30s in approval rating. He can't just keep playing to his supporters and expecting things to go smoothly.
    I will agree here, I do think he needs to start coming with more of a message of unity, but at the same time, if he did, I expect that we would see the left either downplay it or pretty much reject it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I gotta be honest here I don't think Trump giving in to that urge to troll the media is a bad thing. At this point most of his supporters love when he does it, the reality is that the main stream media has upset a lot of people and when they see Trump taking a stand against them the way he has, it has pretty much elevated him to a folk hero type of status.
    That they think he's a hero for refusing to take a question from CNN before taking a question from Breitbart doesn't speak favorably of them and where they stand on journalistic integrity.

Not so much the more he lies, rather the more he gets revenge on the media for the shit that they did to him lol. Off the top of my head we've seen the main stream media during Trump's presidential run:
    - Suggests Trump believes in rape because he joked in private a decade ago with a friend by saying "Grab them by the pussy"
    - Recently released "information" that Trump paid hookers to pee on a bed Obama and his wife slept on lmao

I could go on but for the sake of time, you get the idea. The MSM has played games for far too long, so when Trump supporters see the Donald is playing games with them now, naturally many people are going to say "it's about time".
    So the POTUS outright lying to everyone is justified as 'revenge' against the media? A president should be above such things.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    That they think he's a hero for refusing to take a question from CNN before taking a question from Breitbart doesn't speak favorably of them and where they stand on journalistic integrity.
    Let us not forget that Obama on numerous occassions would ignore or openly criticize Fox news. It's not just Trump supporters that are upset with the main stream media either, according to surveys, the trust in main stream media outlets is at an all time low. The Donald calling CNN "fake news" was a fist pumping moment for many. While that may be a big concern to you, understandably so, at the same time it begs the question how did CNN get to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    So the POTUS outright lying to everyone is justified as 'revenge' against the media? A president should be above such things.
    Trump trolling the media, as the President, is legendary. It's already pretty clear that they weren't ever going to give this guy a fair chance before judging him, so I really don't fault him here.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think it's funny that people still refuse to admit his administration lied. Why lie about petty shit constantly, then get outraged when people call you out for your lies?
    If it is petty, why get so outraged over trivial shit? Other than for the fact you just want to be outraged by something.

Trump trolling the media, as the President, is legendary. It's already pretty clear that they weren't ever going to give this guy a fair chance before judging him, so I really don't fault him here.
    But he is not just trolling the media, he is lying to the people....

Let us not forget that Obama on numerous occassions would ignore or openly criticize Fox news.
    Do you have an example of this to provide that isn't from one of the White House correspondents' dinners, in which he also joked about other news networks as well? Since you say it happened on numerous occasions, you should have no problem finding a few to link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well if the guy plans to blatantly lie everyday, perhaps you should have voted for someone who wouldnt.
    I didn't vote for him. I'm not an American Citizen. It's why I'm able to see the blatant hypocrisy of the side that is meant to be the "tolerant good guys" because I can look at it from both sides.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    She is so utterly ridiculous at this point - and it's only Day 2 of their administration. Ironically, they have but two more years of their BS before they'll be tossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    If it is petty, why get so outraged over trivial shit? Other than for the fact you just want to be outraged by something.
    How big the crowd was is petty. Spending the first 3 days of his presidency and the first press conference lying about it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

I will agree here, I do think he needs to start coming with more of a message of unity, but at the same time, if he did, I expect that we would see the left either downplay it or pretty much reject it altogether.
    First off, Trump didn't just joke once, it was a clear pattern of behavior, that was corroborate by multiple women.

When people are putting up the "Heil Hitler" sign for Trump, and saying racist shit, then some comparisons can be made to racist organizations. When KKK members jump to his defense... well, that's a sign.

The media was going by the odds of the election, polls exist for a reason. In the case of some states, the polls were off. Of course, polls are only as accurate as the people taking them, so that would also be an indictment of people in the polls.

The media attention to the document was about an intelligence brief that had a memo that was given to Obama and Trump. They wanted to bash CNN for reporting on the existence of an unverified document, which is no different than reporting on the existence of Obama releasing his birth certificate.

Trump got caught in another lie. This has happened with considerable regularity. His supporters don't care, which means they don't care about his lies. They either support his lies, or they don't want to believe they exist. That's either willful ignorance... or willfully supporting a liar. In either case, they don't get to complain about Hillary's lies, or even if the media lies. Clearly, they have no problem with lying. Which begs the question, why to they hate the media so much? no matter what, you have logical inconsistency. They have no logical reason to hate the media, if they support Trump for doing the same thing they claim the media is doing.

That's a shit ton of hypocrisy, right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Let us not forget that Obama on numerous occassions would ignore or openly criticize Fox news. It's not just Trump supporters that are upset with the main stream media either, according to surveys, the trust in main stream media outlets is at an all time low. The Donald calling CNN "fake news" was a fist pumping moment for many. While that may be a big concern to you, understandably so, at the same time it begs the question how did CNN get to this point?
    If they are fake news for supposedly lying, does that mean he's a fake president for being proven a liar?

- - - Updated - - -

Playing games? what is he 12? In what stupid world do people trust politicians. A journalists finest job is to make sure the system does not overstep their boundries, the media is a tool that keeps the system in check in the western world, this isnt russia where the media is used to turn the people into a bunch of ignorant pussies.

I get that clickbait titles and biased articles have made alot of people including myself dislike the media, but when you're presented with obvious facts, and then your president lies about it through several channels, it goes beyond a "game", is this what his presidency is about? entertaining you through games with the media?

In trolling the media, he's also misleading the public. There would be frothing at the mouth if a democrat had lied so blatantly and so often. But no, just fall in line, do as Trump says, think what he tells you to think, go to bed all is well.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Same as the right crying about Obama for 8 years.
    Yeah, there was Right bitching about Obama for nearly a Decade, but no where near this amount of Salt or idiocy followed it.

Is this what MMO-C will be like for the next 8 years?

Everyday a new thread on Trump "OMG TODAY HE ATE SCRAMBLED EGGS BUT SAID HE AT EGGS ON TOAST. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE" *autistic screeching intensifies*
    Yes. When the President of the United States is deliberately lying to the American people, we should be pissed. Nobody cares about what he eats, so get that strawman the fuck out of here. We care about his blatant lies and the fact that he has involved his entire team to support his lies. It's unequivocally false that his inauguration was the biggest crowd. It's not even close. Yet he said it. Then he told other people to say it. Then he attacks the media for correcting him. That's not presidential, that's not professional, that's not decent. He's a scumbag who tricked some people into thinking he cared. He will be held accountable by the American people and if that's a problem for you, you can kindly shut the fuck up and step aside. Have a great day, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How big the crowd was is petty. Spending the first 3 days of his presidency and the first press conference lying about it is not.
    Kind of like how Hilary said she had massive turn outs at her events but it was proven multiple times just how small many of them were.

I mean, lets not be hypocrites here.

I'm not outraged, I'm enjoying pointing out that they are lying asshats. I'm also enjoying pointing out the hypocrisy of people who ignore his lies, yet complain about the media and its bias. I love pointing out hypocrisy, it's one of my favorite hobbies. Any Trump supporter who supports his lies, but condemns the lies of others, is a fucking hypocrites. The best part about it, is that most Trump supporters aren't even willing to admit that the administration even lied. The level of cognitive dissonance is truly terrifying.

Yeah, there was Right bitching about Obama for nearly a Decade, but no where near this amount of Salt or idiocy followed it.
    Dunno if this LINK works, but...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Finally! The "Alternative proof of Trump working for Putin" was found!

Watch the video:

[video=youtube;Aw5pRSbc6Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw5pRSbc6Iwo]
    Still a better love story than Twilight.

#OldSchoolMemes