Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which NH mythic bosses do you think will be a wall for most guilds?

I personally think Spellblade is going to be the first major wall for guilds.

My pulls to kill order (greatest to least)
    Gul'Dan
    Ellisande
    Bot
    Spellblade/Augur
    Tich
    Krosus
    skorp/Anomoly/Trilix

with Tich/Spellblade being the first wall.
    Last edited by Threndsa; 2017-01-21 at 03:16 PM.

My prediction of Wipe count
    Guldan
    Ellisandre
    Tichondruis (Hardest boss on Heroic of the first 8. So much damage and so much stuff going on This is the wall in my mind)
    Star Augur (that enrage timer was pretty tight for guilds that did split runs) on Mythic I think Enrage timer could be an issue
    Krosus (same as above week 1 enrage timer could be an issue)
    Botonist I just don't feel that reverse Council fights that start with 3 and end with 1 of your choice will ever be hard.
    Spellblade
    Anamoly
    Trilix (if the way to cheese bombs is still in on mythic this is a sub 5 pull boss)
    Skorp lol 1 shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tich for first difficulty wall
    Botanist for second
    and obviously Gul'dan as the final wall.

I predict the difficulty will severely ramp up at this point (think Spoils-Thok, Thogar-Maidens, Festergut/Rotface-Putricide style difficulty ramps) where the difficulty will suddenly increase and wall of guilds for progress for several weeks.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    My prediction of Wipe count
    Guldan
    Ellisandre
    Tichondruis (Hardest boss on Heroic of the first 8. So much damage and so much stuff going on This is the wall in my mind)
    Star Augur (that enrage timer was pretty tight for guilds that did split runs) on Mythic I think Enrage timer could be an issue
    Krosus (same as above week 1 enrage timer could be an issue)
    Botonist I just don't feel that reverse Council fights that start with 3 and end with 1 of your choice will ever be hard.
    Spellblade
    Anamoly
    Trilix (if the way to cheese bombs is still in on mythic this is a sub 5 pull boss)
    Skorp lol 1 shot?
    This idea that Tichondrius is a hard fight is silly. That fight in heroic was not difficult at all. Star Augar and Botanist are by far more complex. Tichondrius is stack plagues, kill a couple adds, hide behind a pillar, kills bats, and then poop all over Tich. Mythic maybe a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic: I think the first wall will be Spellblade, then the next wall will be Star/Botanist, then Magistrix, then Guldan
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    This idea that Tichondrius is a hard fight is silly. That fight in heroic was not difficult at all. Star Augar and Botanist are by far more complex. Tichondrius is stack plagues, kill a couple adds, hide behind a pillar, kills bats, and then poop all over Tich. Mythic maybe a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic: I think the first wall will be Spellblade, then the next wall will be Star/Botanist, then Magistrix, then Guldan
    Tichondrius is the kind of fight where if one person in your raid is an idiot it can fuck the whole fight, which will always be an issue in guilds outside of the top 20 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post

- - - Updated - - -

On HC, Star Auger is the most patchwork figth in the game (not counting pre cata bosses), unless you are playing tank. U just have to tunnel the boss for 8~ and move out with the debuff in p1-2.

Deleted
    spellblade could be first boss that really poses a challenge( maybe something of 50+ wipe boss?) depending on how often her fel soul is out and tuning on hp of the adds.
    Then tich and star augus (his M ability could cause a lot of problem+ dps check with the add(s) ). then grandmagistix and Ofc guldan, botanonist not sure how much of a challenge he will be since you dictate order of kill will prolly be a easy order and a veyr hard order (imagine like in wod doing hellfire council with killing dia first, was something you could do but no one did )

I think it's going to be Spellblade as the first roadblock to get into the middle.

After that I think Krosus/Star Auger are going to be the primary roadblocks of the middle bosses just due to the DPS requirement (Augur will reward perfect execution to have all the DPS alive for P3) and then you'll go and do Elisande/Gul'dan which should be a significant step up from all of the previous bosses.

It's really going to depend on how much gear you have as to how hard those bosses are, guilds who get up to them in a few months will have an easier time than people trying to do these bosses in the next week or two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's so hard to say - sometimes mythic bosses have a bunch of new mechanics but it ends up being easy af, sometimes the fight is largely unchanged but the numbers make the fight much tighter. Ilgynoth is a great example imo, all it did was add the Dot mechanic but it made the fight miles harder.

I think Botanist is going to be a wall though, it's already extremely punishing on n/h.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Tich for first difficulty wall
    Botanist for second
    and obviously Gul'dan as the final wall.

I predict the difficulty will severely ramp up at this point (think Spoils-Thok, Thogar-Maidens, Festergut/Rotface-Putricide style difficulty ramps) where the difficulty will suddenly increase and wall of guilds for progress for several weeks.
    I really hope it takes top guilds a month or two to clear the instance, no more of this week one shit.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    I really hope it takes top guilds a month or two to clear the instance, no more of this week one shit.
    Says the person who has likely never played 7 days a week in a world ranking guild. Good luck with that.

Would be nice to see, but I'm doubtful, unless blizz have scaled the late bosses to require all artifact traits and an average ilvl of 920 lol

My guild is on the Spellblade wall, which will definitely be the first one for more casual guilds. The DPS requirements are pretty hefty even with decent execution.

After which, I see Star Augur, Botanist and Tich being their own gates depending on raid. I'm not sure how much of a gate Elisande will be, seems like a group that can handle the 3 I said should be able to beat her. But of course Gul'dan is the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Tichondrius is the kind of fight where if one person in your raid is an idiot it can fuck the whole fight, which will always be an issue in guilds outside of the top 20 or so
    Lol, get a WA in size 800x800 if you're blind. Im a semi meme with all my WA's being huge so that I dont do that. It's being able to find your weakspot and fixing it. Also it isn't always, many dont struggle.

OT everything till krosus falling over at Bleeding edge, and perhaps Star/spell for Cutting seeing as one hurts the other is a dps check.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Says the person who has likely never played 7 days a week in a world ranking guild. Good luck with that.
    To quote the Donald,"WRONG" I led a guild to every server first during Wrath and through Cata and killed cleared every raid on heroic until DS when life took over. So far I've gotten cutting edge xav and right now we're splitting time between finishing ToV and NH, also sitting at 48/36/36 in my weapons.

To quote the Donald,"WRONG" I led a guild to every server first during Wrath and through Cata and killed cleared every raid on heroic until DS when life took over. So far I've gotten cutting edge xav and right now we're splitting time between finishing ToV and NH, also sitting at 48/36/36 in my weapons.
    Yes, I'm aware of your shit guild netherflame that didn't even kill Helya last tier and was always considered by most people on Arthas to be the trolly-don't-join guild. You also never raided 7 days a week and achieved top 10 world in 25 man (10 mans don't count) so please don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this too. BUT I will foresee that the the raid is cleared as mythic in the first week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    From easy to hard (for gear levels at first and second week)

Skorpy
    Anomaly
    --first big step up--
    Trilliax
    Krosus
    Spellblade
    --second big step up--
    Tichondrius
    Bota/Augur
    --third big step up--
    Elisande
    --helya big step up--
    Guldan

Star augur is one of the hardest as long as you dont outdps the fight and skip the dangerous parts of each phase (soft enrage per phase)
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-01-24 at 02:24 PM.

Spell for guilds that depend on a few strong players to carry. The fight just takes some personal responsibility. (not hard but we are talking WoW community here)

Tich and Bot will undoubtedly be the first real head smashers for most well rounded guilds doing the appropriate level of content.

Guldan is just an obvious answer.