Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Lingering Ordeal: Increases the duration of Metamorphosis by 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 sec

Will that be for all metamorphosis's or just the on use one? I mean does last resort and soul proc get the timer increase?

Wishful thinking on my part i guess but the hp increase artifact trait also affects all 3 i believe.
    Just speculation on my part, but I would expect it to effect both hard cast and LR proc meta, but not Fueled by Pain procs. LR and hard cast are the exact same thing, same duration and all, not the case with FBP procs.

I have an 880 Arch-Druids Tainted Seal, 742 haste, 1856 Mastery, 1.519 Stam. +200 Vers enchant
    And a Ring of Exclusive Servitude, 1,747 Stam, 975 Crit, 1,870 Vers, +200 Vers enchant
    My current stats with Arch druid are, 20% crit, 22% haste, 25% mastery, 3.61% verse
    With the servitude, I have 22.39% cvrit, 20.58% haste, 21.64% mastery, 7.54% Vers
    Which one do you guys believe i should use? ( I have my 2set)
    Last edited by Burnick; 2017-01-23 at 03:53 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    I have an 880 Arch-Druids Tainted Seal, 742 haste, 1856 Mastery, 1.519 Stam. +200 Vers enchant
    And a Ring of Exclusive Servitude, 1,747 Stam, 975 Crit, 1,870 Crit, +200 Vers enchant
    My current stats with Arch druid are, 20% crit, 22% haste, 25% mastery, 3.61% verse
    With the servitude, I have 22.39% cvrit, 20.58% haste, 21.64% mastery, 7.54% Vers
    Which one do you guys believe i should use? ( I have my 2set)
    The 895 Ring of Exclusive Servitude is 1870 versatility, not crit. In any case it's not remotely close - the 895 ring is better by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The 895 Ring of Exclusive Servitude is 1870 versatility, not crit. In any case it's not remotely close - the 895 ring is better by a large margin.
    Opps thought I corrected that, Ya I know its verse, Was accidental.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostomc View Post
    Anyone else disappointed with vengeance changes?

Not saying they weren't in the right direction but in the wrong spots.
    Nope. Our damage got smoothed from DS to baseline so it's more regular intake instead of nigh-immortal while Spikes are up to ohshitohshitOHSHIT when Spikes are down.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Question, if I'm running fracture and meta procs, is it better to spam the empowered shear than fracture? (Assuming I have the pain)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oAllElseFailo View Post
    Question, if I'm running fracture and meta procs, is it better to spam the empowered shear than fracture? (Assuming I have the pain)
    Yes, it is better to spam Empowered Shear unless you overcap on pain. This is because Fracture deals the same damage inside and outside Metamorphosis. However, you will still end up using fracture because you have too much pain during Meta.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Yes, it is better to spam Empowered Shear unless you overcap on pain. This is because Fracture deals the same damage inside and outside Metamorphosis. However, you will still end up using fracture because you have too much pain during Meta.
    No, this is incorrect. Fracture hits much harder than Sever and generates two souls (Sever generates one), so there's hardly any conceivable reason as to why you'd use that - in nontrivial content you will easily generate 20 pain/GCD during meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    No, this is incorrect. Fracture hits much harder than Sever
    He wasn't saying that Sever hits as hard as Fracture--he was saying that Fracture hits for the same amount (as itself) inside and outside of Metamorphosis (in other words, it doesn't get more powerful during Meta), so it's better to use Sever during Metamorphosis and Fracture outside of Metamorphosis, assuming you don't overcap Pain. You get more total damage that way.

Of course, as he also said, you will have to throw in some Fractures because otherwise you will overcap Pain.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    He wasn't saying that Empowered Shear hits as hard as Fracture--he was saying that Fracture hits for the same amount (as itself) inside and outside of Metamorphosis (in other words, it doesn't get more powerful during Meta), so it's better to use Empowered Shear during Metamorphosis and Fracture outside of Metamorphosis, assuming you don't overcap Pain. You get more total damage that way.

Of course, as he also said, you will have to throw in some Fractures because otherwise you will overcap Pain.
    Ah, right, that is my mistake. In any case though Sever isn't affected by Shear modifiers, so the damage difference is quite small in reality, and pain generation during meta is quite high - looking through some recent logs, I see with around ~12-15% meta uptime, I have a total of 5 Sever casts. So usage of Sever, while it is more damage, seems to be quite limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    What trinkets is everyone using to for NH? I'm leaning towards Royal Dagger Haft(870) and Animated Exoskeleton(875) since I have Prydaz, but I also have Arcanocrystal(860), DMC:Immortality(865) and Phantasmal Echo(870). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    What trinkets is everyone using to for NH? I'm leaning towards Royal Dagger Haft(870) and Animated Exoskeleton(875) since I have Prydaz, but I also have Arcanocrystal(860), DMC:Immortality(865) and Phantasmal Echo(870). Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You can safely DE Animated Exoskeleton, and while you might not outright do the same for Royal Dagger Haft it's not something you would ever really use.

Use Arcanocrystal + DD:Immortality - they are the best trinkets of the ones you listed by a very large margin.

You can safely DE Animated Exoskeleton
    I understand Animated Exoskeleton was buffed today. Is this still the case for us?
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    I understand Animated Exoskeleton was buffed today. Is this still the case for us?
    Yes, the hotfix doesn't change anything. Always steer clear of any of that "absorbs up to X damage" nonsense as these maximum absorptions are tuned far too low relative to incoming damage without exception. This particular trinket even has passive stamina so in most cases it's basically just an empty slot.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2017-01-24 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

i have a question on the use of the new NH trinkets. Because i got an high ilvl (893) and already 50 Traits in my Weapon, the bonus armor from the Darkmoon Trinket will only give me a pretty small bonus on physical reduction.

At the moment I'm using it with an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct and i'm not sure if using the DM Trinket is still worth it. Is there any good trinket (Tank or dps) in Nighthold which would be great for us even in high physical dmg fights like guldan ? In magic dmg fights i already swap to the Goblet of nightmarish ichor but i'm still looking for a better trinket than the average 1,2% physical dmg reduction of the DM trinket.

Thanks for your help and continue the awesome work

Yes, the hotfix doesn't change anything. Always steer clear of any of that "absorbs up to X damage" nonsense as these maximum absorptions are tuned far too low relative to incoming damage without exception. This particular trinket even has passive stamina so in most cases it's basically just an empty slot.
    "Absorbs up to half a melee boss swing"

Quote Originally Posted by Youliv View Post
    Hey Guys,

i have a question on the use of the new NH trinkets. Because i got an high ilvl (893) and already 50 Traits in my Weapon, the bonus armor from the Darkmoon Trinket will only give me a pretty small bonus on physical reduction.

At the moment I'm using it with an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct and i'm not sure if using the DM Trinket is still worth it. Is there any good trinket (Tank or dps) in Nighthold which would be great for us even in high physical dmg fights like guldan ? In magic dmg fights i already swap to the Goblet of nightmarish ichor but i'm still looking for a better trinket than the average 1,2% physical dmg reduction of the DM trinket.

Thanks for your help and continue the awesome work
    Not at the moment, looks like you have a pretty good trinket situation going on already and you aren't likely to get a better one in NH. Infernal Contract may have situational uses.
    Last edited by Fooicus; 2017-01-24 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Talents
    Level 99: Abyssal Strike will be the best for sustained AoE, Razor Spikes will be the best for ST and AoE burst
    Level 100: Feast of Souls for Single Target, Fallout for AoE Survival (primarily in dungeons), Burning Alive for higher level Mythic+ Dungeons
    Level 102: Felblade for Learning/"surv", Flame Crash for AoE DPS, Fel Eruption for ST DPS
    Level 104: Feed the Demon for Smoother Damage Reduction, Fracture is for ST DPS and for "Advanced Healing", Soul Rending for Necrotic week or more niche scenarios
    Level 106: Concentrated Sigils for max DPS unless you have the Legendary bracers, Sigil of Chains for dungeons or when you need it, Quickened Sigils for Easier CC
    Level 108: Fel Devastation for Burst DPS/Burst Healing, Spirit Bomb for Smoother Healing and can be better for DPS if you feed into it.
    Level 110: Last Resort for progression or specific strategies, Demonic Infusion DPS and heavy physical damage fights, Soul Barrier good for magic damage/general use or when getting hit by multiple damage sources
    • Level 99: As a baseline, I’d recommend Razor Spikes for all scenarios. The only time that Abyssal is a DPS increase is if you’ve taken Flamecrash + Concentrated Sigils, and perfectly weave in your Abyssal Strikes with Sigil of Flame for 100% up-time on the debuff. This benefit is so small that it completely disappears once we get 4-piece, and Razor Spikes is both more damage and more self-healing through damage (assuming Spirit Bomb). Also, in M+, the snare from Razor Spikes is far more valuable than the movement from Abyssal in most cases.
    • Level 100: Burning Alive is stronger than Fallout if you take Spirit Bomb (due to the healing). Burning Alive is also consistently better for survival than Feast of Souls, if you have the legendary boots.
    • Level 102: Assuming Spirit Bomb, Felblade is both the lowest DPS choice and the lowest survival choice. On pure ST with zero adds at all, Fel Eruption provides a very minor (~5k or so) DPS gain over Flame Crash. If there is ever a point where Flame Crash hits more than one target, it comes out on top.
    • Level 104: See above – Fracture falls in the same group as Fel Eruption. It is a very minor DPS increase on Single Target, but Feed the Demon pulls ahead if there is any AoE that would benefit from higher up-time of Demon Spikes + Soul Cleave.
    • Level 106: Overall, yes. Do not under-estimate the power of Chains, even in raids. The minor DPS increase that is offered by perfect usage of Concentrated Sigils is immediately gone if you are able to use a single Chains in the fight to stack enemies better. As a general rule of thumb, if an encounter has any enemies that are able to be moved with Chains, Chains is probably the best option.
    • Level 108: Fel Devastation for DPS and Spirit Bomb for mitigation here. Spirit Bomb is also situationally great DPS if you are too far from a pack to use Soul Cleave, but you can hit them with Spirit Bomb (Aluriel, Etraeus, Tichondrius). One thing worth noting is that Soul Cleave hits ~2.5x as hard as Spirit Bomb.
    • Level 110: If the encounter has some unpredictable one-shot mechanic that happens once-per-fight, but the damage intake outside of that mechanic is extremely low, and you are under geared for the content Last Resort is potentially useful. If the encounter has predictable damage intake events, you are tanking lots of targets, or the damage is a mix of magic/physical Soul Barrier is the default choice for damage reduction. If the encounter is single-target, deals only physical damage, and has an extended enrage event then Demonic Infusion will be the best mitigation. Demonic Infusion will be the default choice for DPS if you do not need any form of mitigation, specifically when paired with Razor Spikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Stats
    Raid Survival:
    (with tier) Mastery > Vers > Haste > Crit
    (without tier) Vers > Haste = Mastery > Crit
    M+ Survival: Mastery > Vers >= Haste > Crit
    DPS: Crit >= Versa >= Mastery >= Haste
    Itemization is extremely reliant on item level and content, but assuming you’re at-level, Versatility is always superior to Mastery for survival, even when you have tier. If 100% of damage was physical, then Mastery would come out on top by a significant margin. Nighthold has a lot of magic damage, so we need all the Versatility that we can get.

Assuming we are properly geared for the content, this is what I have found:
    • (with tier) Armor >> Leech > Versatility => Agility > Stamina > Mastery >= Crit >= Haste
    • (without tier) Armor >> Leech > Versatility > Agility > Crit >= Haste > Stamina > Mastery
    This doesn’t change for M+, outside of the reality that your damage contribution is more important to clear times, which would make Agi and Crit edge up slightly.

It seems that the original post values mastery extremely high, which would make sense if we were only taking physical damage. In my last Nighthold run, 50% of the incoming damage was Magic. It also values Crit far lower than anything I can see. The only way that I can get Crit to be valued that low is to sim for TMI with an extremely small health pool.

With regards to trinkets, I’m surprised that there’s no mention of how powerful Writhing Heart of Darkness is for Nighthold. Granted, it would be tough to get one to Titanforge to meaningful levels, but it should be up at 3 stacks permanently against any boss mob with how frequently we attack and how much Crit we have. This is one of our very few effective trinket options for reducing magic damage, and has the added bonus of being useful when we are AoE cleaving as well.
    Last edited by Narabug; 2017-01-25 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narabug View Post
    • Level 99: As a baseline, I’d recommend Razor Spikes for all scenarios. The only time that Abyssal is a DPS increase is if you’ve taken Flamecrash + Concentrated Sigils, and perfectly weave in your Abyssal Strikes with Sigil of Flame for 100% up-time on the debuff. This benefit is so small that it completely disappears once we get 4-piece, and Razor Spikes is both more damage and more self-healing through damage (assuming Spirit Bomb). Also, in M+, the snare from Razor Spikes is far more valuable than the movement from Abyssal in most cases.
    • Level 100: Burning Alive is stronger than Fallout if you take Spirit Bomb (due to the healing). Burning Alive is also consistently better for survival than Feast of Souls, if you have the legendary boots.
    • Level 102: Assuming Spirit Bomb, Felblade is both the lowest DPS choice and the lowest survival choice. On pure ST with zero adds at all, Fel Eruption provides a very minor (~5k or so) DPS gain over Flame Crash. If there is ever a point where Flame Crash hits more than one target, it comes out on top.
    • Level 104: See above – Fracture falls in the same group as Fel Eruption. It is a very minor DPS increase on Single Target, but Feed the Demon pulls ahead if there is any AoE that would benefit from higher up-time of Demon Spikes + Soul Cleave.
    • Level 106: Overall, yes. Do not under-estimate the power of Chains, even in raids. The minor DPS increase that is offered by perfect usage of Concentrated Sigils is immediately gone if you are able to use a single Chains in the fight to stack enemies better. As a general rule of thumb, if an encounter has any enemies that are able to be moved with Chains, Chains is probably the best option.
    • Level 108: Fel Devastation for DPS and Spirit Bomb for mitigation here. Spirit Bomb is also situationally great DPS if you are too far from a pack to use Soul Cleave, but you can hit them with Spirit Bomb (Aluriel, Etraeus, Tichondrius). One thing worth noting is that Soul Cleave hits ~2.5x as hard as Spirit Bomb.
    • Level 110: If the encounter has some unpredictable one-shot mechanic that happens once-per-fight, but the damage intake outside of that mechanic is extremely low, and you are under geared for the content Last Resort is potentially useful. If the encounter has predictable damage intake events, you are tanking lots of targets, or the damage is a mix of magic/physical Soul Barrier is the default choice for damage reduction. If the encounter is single-target, deals only physical damage, and has an extended enrage event then Demonic Infusion will be the best mitigation. Demonic Infusion will be the default choice for DPS if you do not need any form of mitigation, specifically when paired with Razor Spikes.

Itemization is extremely reliant on item level and content, but assuming you’re at-level, Versatility is always superior to Mastery for survival, even when you have tier. If 100% of damage was physical, then Mastery would come out on top by a significant margin. Nighthold has a lot of magic damage, so we need all the Versatility that we can get.

Assuming we are properly geared for the content, this is what I have found:
    • (with tier) Armor >> Leech > Versatility => Agility > Stamina > Mastery >= Crit >= Haste
    • (without tier) Armor >> Leech > Versatility > Agility > Crit >= Haste > Stamina > Mastery
    This doesn’t change for M+, outside of the reality that your damage contribution is more important to clear times, which would make Agi and Crit edge up slightly.

It seems that the original post values mastery extremely high, which would make sense if we were only taking physical damage. In my last Nighthold run, 50% of the incoming damage was Magic. It also values Crit far lower than anything I can see. The only way that I can get Crit to be valued that low is to sim for TMI with an extremely small health pool.

With regards to trinkets, I’m surprised that there’s no mention of how powerful Writhing Heart of Darkness is for Nighthold. Granted, it would be tough to get one to Titanforge to meaningful levels, but it should be up at 3 stacks permanently against any boss mob with how frequently we attack and how much Crit we have. This is one of our very few effective trinket options for reducing magic damage, and has the added bonus of being useful when we are AoE cleaving as well.
    So you're saying that we should go full versa even for a dps-oriented build?. I'm having hard time in choosing bis pieces from nighthold, following atm munkky's list from wowhead.

Yesterday I managed to get my 4 - piece bonus (was lucky, from zero to 4 in one night). Thus I have questions:

1) How much haste I need for 100% spikes upkeed?
    2) Do I need Demonic Infusion for that ?
    4) Priority should now be haste > mastery > versatility, right?
    3) Does gemming / enchanting change from Vers to haste or mastery?

Here is link to my DH if that's needed: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ritta/advanced

What do you think of Giant Ornamental Pearl for tanking?