Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Generation Z Political Viewpoint

Today’s teenagers are growing up to be much more conservative than the so-called Millennial youth of today, a survey has found.

People now in their mid-teens are much more cautious about drugs, transgender rights and same-sex marriage, and are even sceptical of tattoos than those a few years older than them.

The results could be an early signal that the pendulum is about to swing away from ultra-liberal Millenials, and could indicate that the SJW movement has peaked.

According to market research firm The Gild, who commissioned the research, people born since 2001 are shaping up to be more conservative than anybody since the post-war generation.

59% of young people responding to the survey said their opinions on same-sex marriage, transgender rights and marijuana was either “conservative” or “moderate” – a drastic swing from Millennials and members of “Generation X”, more than 80% of whom said their opinion was either “quite liberal” or “very liberal”:

The most youthful respondents – dubbed “Generation Z” – were also more likely to say they “hate” tattoos and unusual body piercings (11%) and prefer to save money than spend it (47%).

The survey backs up claims made by Milo Yiannopoulos at a speech last month that young people are abandoning “the social justice craze” and that backlash is building to the hyper-restrictive culture of political correctness

http://heatst.com/world/a-new-genera...e-study-finds/

It's always swings and roundabouts isn't it!!

At the moment you have the peak left wing generation which has now had it's day, then you have the next generation coming in and going the exact opposite way. I feel the west especially could use some time to fall back on Conservative values and start rebuilding all the mess made over the past decade or two.

Who would have though that Generation Z would be the ones to help save us from this mess.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    On the other hand, perhaps their idea of "conservative" is only conservative when contrasted to the "ultra-liberal millennials."
    They seem to be more libertarian. I know a lot of teenagers that voted for Johnson and Stein.

prefer to save money than spend it (47%).
    Well, they sure as fuck aren't conservative then.

Is that the Zombie generation?

Deleted
    I think in general society fluctuates like that. A conservative generation is followed by a liberal one and vice versa. That's because neither ideology is without its flaws and people tend to try out the other one once the flaws become apparent.

It's late and I'm tired so forgive me.

Where is the actual survey this article is pulling information from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising. When people as a whole are forced to feel bad if they say anything that can be interpreted as a "micro-aggression" they swing the other way.

I want to point out that being liberal, though, doesn't mean being super PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    It's late and I'm tired so forgive me.

Where is the actual survey this article is pulling information from?
    Don't worry it is even reported by CNN so liberals can relax.

I just didn't want to give CNN a click
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    thank goodness! there is hope for our kids yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Is that the Zombie generation?
    I just watched Return of the Living Dead so i find this very funny

Wish they'd include a link to the source, for the life of me I can't find anything on the study they're reporting on.

One can only hope, OP. We've gone so far down the road of "progress" that we've abandoned basic principles. I could really go on but it would delve into forbidden topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wish they'd include a link to the source, for the life of me I can't find anything on the study they're reporting on.
    Look at it this way if CNN and HeatStreet are reporting that conservatives are on the rise in the younger gen, it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know where the results are, but you can take the survey yourself here: http://the-gild.com/generation-quiz/

It's immediately obvious that the survey responses are oddly distributed.

The results say I am 44% Baby Boomer.
    Old school

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Look at it this way if CNN and HeatStreet are reporting that conservatives are on the rise in the younger gen, it's true.
    Do you have a link to the CNN article? I'd still like to check the source myself, because I don't put too much faith in CNN for the most part. I don't believe they lie and make shit up, like some believe, but I absolutely believe that they would report on the usual type of bullshit that passes for "studies" nowadays. Most media do, it's an easy writeup that drives traffic/clicks and most of the time is devoid of any actual value to viewers/readers.

10+ Year Old Account
    but what level of conservative? Teres different levels. Theres the super ultra right, the Paul Ryan levels, the moderates (or the ultra conservativescall them RINOs I suppose), and the libertarians.

just the label conservative means nothing. To a good chunk of the liberals here, I come off conservativeish.

Don't worry it is even reported by CNN so liberals can relax.

I just didn't want to give CNN a click
    So no source? OP, do you know what cherry picking is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Not surprising. When people as a whole are forced to feel bad if they say anything that can be interpreted as a "micro-aggression" they swing the other way.

I want to point out that being liberal, though, doesn't mean being super PC.
    And yet the rise of conservatism is worrying. To think it'll be any different than the current millennial liberal PC movement... I wish I could, but I can't help but feel it'll be the same, in reverse. Like before, when religion was much stronger.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have a link to the CNN article? I'd still like to check the source myself, because I don't put too much faith in CNN for the most part. I don't believe they lie and make shit up, like some believe, but I absolutely believe that they would report on the usual type of bullshit that passes for "studies" nowadays. Most media do, it's an easy writeup that drives traffic/clicks and most of the time is devoid of any actual value to viewers/readers.
    I mean, the study apparently has things like not liking tattoos and piercings being conservative in it.

I don't know where the results are, but you can take the survey yourself here: http://the-gild.com/generation-quiz/

It's immediately obvious that the survey responses are oddly distributed.

The results say I am 44% Baby Boomer.
    Holy crap, doing this now and question 6 is such a joke. I can see how they're trying to put everyone into neat little buckets with it, but if this is the quality of the questions they're using for their studies than we can pretty safely write them off. Because holy crap are the response choices hot garbage, and painfully obvious as to where they'd put you on the spectrum.

Holy shit, and question 9 about authority. This "quiz" is terrible.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-01-23 at 04:44 AM.

Conservative website that constantly posts insane proaganda posts article saying the new generation is conservative.

Man I'm surprised.

Edit: Found the survey. Its flawed as fuck and clearly trying to steer results into an agenda.