Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Paladins - Slow movement/running

Recently bought Legion and decided to start out with my really old Paladin.

Lots of spells abilities removed/changed, didn't expect anything else.

But from what I remember, we (Paladins) used to be rather swift on our feets, but with the removal of speed enchants and movement increase abilities it feels like I'm jogging, at most, around Azeroth.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same? (I played around with a DH in the start zone and that felt like a complete different game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Our mobility sucks compared to other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    I think that too! So damn...slow!

The legendary boots help immensely.....well somewhat immensely.

I have Aggramar's and Liadrin's, and while I do want the cape or belt, I also am not looking forward from going from 125% run speed to 100% should I get one of the BiS damage legendaries. The entire FEEL of the game for me is night and day with the boots equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have baked PoJ movement speed into Heart of the Crusader. 20% extra movement speed on a mount isn't that unique anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    try being a warrior

There are talents you can spec - Cavalier, Knight Templar - that help, and some items that come later with speed boosts (Aggramar's, Sephuz). I don't have a problem with the idea that plate-wearers should start out moving slower.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    try being a warrior
    Warriors are more mobile than pala/dk. Dunno what do you get here at.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Warriors are more mobile than pala/dk. Dunno what do you get here at.
    lol Charge / Charge / Intercept / Jump and you cry about mobility
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I have Aggramar's and Liadrin's, and while I do want the cape or belt, I also am not looking forward from going from 125% run speed to 100% should I get one of the BiS damage legendaries. The entire FEEL of the game for me is night and day with the boots equipped.
    I'm with you. I have the boots and the belt, and those boots are goddamn amazing. Even after getting the cape or ring, I plan on using those boots outside of raid content, no doubt

Until they decided for whatever stupid reasons they thought of to remove our jump in beta, yeah pally mobility still kinda stunk but at least you would've been able to chuck your sword at something and teleport over to it and get back into attacking range during raiding/pvp, along with crappy horse "sprint". But ever since it was removed in beta and everything from WoD was revamped or removed, we're left with...well the crappy horse "sprint" on an absurdly long CD relative to other sprints with a talent that only makes it slightly less crappy by giving it 2 charges. I mean, if they'd just bake PoJ into Judgment naturally, that would've been great. Or baseline you move faster if you have HP you haven't used yet. But no, we get probably the worst "sprint" in the game, it really doesn't even deserve to be called a sprint honestly. I get it, we're plate, we're not supposed to run circles around thing, but in a game where movement and positioning is kinda important, we've got the short end of the stick as usual. I'm fine with DHs fluttering about everywhere, and we'll obviously never outrun a rogue or monk. But at least give us something a bit more standard than our current "sprint".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's best not to bother with trying to eat a cake at Trilliax as a ret paladin. The mobility just isn't enough. You could still try and place your raid into a sub optimal position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    If only we had a charge, even a clumsy one like throwing your weapon to 1 place and then charging to your weapon. Just imagine.

Well, negative mobility is a part of class fantasy.
    Don't you feel it?

I tried tanking last night, and it was a nightmare! I was always the last one to reach the pull and once I got there some impatient dps had already started (I'm not angry about that, I quite understand them, but still). It was fun to tank again, nice mechanic over all, but the stress of always trying to catch up wasn't great.

So, my only hope is the legendary boots that will make Paladins great again? (at moving that is

Exactly, how hard are they to get once I reach 110?

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    I tried tanking last night, and it was a nightmare! I was always the last one to reach the pull and once I got there some impatient dps had already started (I'm not angry about that, I quite understand them, but still). It was fun to tank again, nice mechanic over all, but the stress of always trying to catch up wasn't great.

So, my only hope is the legendary boots that will make Paladins great again? (at moving that is

Exactly, how hard are they to get once I reach 110?
    I find tanking pretty comfortable as paladin actually. The only thing that's bothering me is how tied to consecration we are.
    Granted, I tank in Ret gear barring few trinkets, and no higher than 7Mythics.

Paladin Tank; I need new Legs and better Chest to go with the red / black theme

Quote Originally Posted by superninjapresident View Post
    But from what I remember, we (Paladins) used to be rather swift on our feet
    You are 100% right. They swapped our Nike's for Adidas...

Paladins and Death Knights are brothers in trainers, we were fast and now are slow. Sadly, our quality of life fixes come in the form of legendaries. We can't select to farm specific ones, we just have to get lucky.