Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affliction Legendaries?

Hi, wanted to get some opinions on legendaries and other things.
    I was thinking that the new cloak would be the best-in-slot legendary. The damage from reap soul is so high, that adding to the duration would be a huge plus.
    Following that up with the hood still.

What do others think? I know legendaries are up to the RNGgods, but I still want to plan gear around it.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

The only thing you should plan around your legos is your tier, honestly. You might end up with four utility pieces, but even then leaving your cloak and head open "just in case" still works out since 3/4 of the pieces you'd be taking have Mastery on them. Otherwise, with gems/warforge/titanforge/legos/etc, there's too many different factors that will go into getting "BiS".

Hood of eternal disdain and Reap and Sow are the 2 best legendaries for affliction followed by the wrist and the belt.

Head + wrists/back/prydaz/belt are all good. As 4p you want chest, legs, hands and shoulders.

Still don't get why people value cloak so much. For example yesterday I had 0 souls for almost 2 minutes on Star Augur. Wanted to get UA bracers but got sephuz as my 4th legendary, So for now my choice is hood and prydaz. And yeah I'm angry because they made feretory work with demo spec.

Cloak won't be worth a damn in content like M+ where Reap uptime isn't an issue. It wont be worth anything on a boss like Skorp where we have all the souls in the world (unless they nerf that)... So there will be fights where you want to think about what the Legendaries do for you and not just go by a BIS list. .... that is for those who actually have a choice in what they are using :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Cloak won't be worth a damn in content like M+ where Reap uptime isn't an issue. It wont be worth anything on a boss like Skorp where we have all the souls in the world (unless they nerf that)... So there will be fights where you want to think about what the Legendaries do for you and not just go by a BIS list. .... that is for those who actually have a choice in what they are using :P
    On any other content reap and sow is way better than belt/bracers/whatever. Maximizing reap uptime in drain cycles is just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    On any other content reap and sow is way better than belt/bracers/whatever. Maximizing reap uptime in drain cycles is just that good.
    It wasn't my intention to imply differently, if I did.

Well after progressing through heroic nighthold this week and doing attempts on Gul'dan, I have to say that consistency of souls during boss fights from one attempt to another is a huge issue. Some fights, I wouldn't have a problem and some fights I would get no souls. The dps difference is highly noticeable. I'm also curious (if anyone else put attempts on Gul'dan) why Gul'dan's adds do not give souls when they die. I kinda understand the eyes not giving souls, but the dreadlords should give a soul.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    It wasn't my intention to imply differently, if I did.
    Oh i didnt want you to feel attacked or anything, my post was just clarification for the op. All good mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post
    Well after progressing through heroic nighthold this week and doing attempts on Gul'dan, I have to say that consistency of souls during boss fights from one attempt to another is a huge issue. Some fights, I wouldn't have a problem and some fights I would get no souls. The dps difference is highly noticeable. I'm also curious (if anyone else put attempts on Gul'dan) why Gul'dan's adds do not give souls when they die. I kinda understand the eyes not giving souls, but the dreadlords should give a soul.
    We could justify that by some stupid lore stuff, dreadlords souls dont die they return to the twisting nether so we cant harvest them or some bullshit. Should definitely not be in the game and they should give a soul, even the eyes should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedevil View Post

Yeah it's a pain in the arse. They should have imp,kemented that new trait coming in 7.2 where Drain Soul can proc tormented souls. Had the same issue on Etreus and sometimes I got starved for souls with hardly any reap uptime and sometimes not.

Hard to believe that affliction is still saddled with this stupid random resource generator.

It also does not help that Blizz are playing a "no, this talent is too good in that fight" game. It doesn;t say that Ulthalesh decides on a per-fight basis whether something will give you a soul or not.

Do any other classes have this nonsense?

If it's "too good", why do they allow Warriors to spam Execute on thelast boss of Eye?

Howcome the trinket is rarely mentioned? Is it that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    Howcome the trinket is rarely mentioned? Is it that bad?
    As a stat stick the trinket is amazing, but the value of the proc is massively different from fight to fight. For a fight like Skropyron though I can't see how anyone could argue it'd be the BiS legendary, but then again, that isn't a hard fight. It's also probably extremely good on Spellblade and Tichondrius, and probably Botanist, but the sims shows Patchwerk so I think people are quick to rag on the value of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yeah it's a pain in the arse. They should have imp,kemented that new trait coming in 7.2 where Drain Soul can proc tormented souls. Had the same issue on Etreus and sometimes I got starved for souls with hardly any reap uptime and sometimes not.

Hard to believe that affliction is still saddled with this stupid random resource generator.

It also does not help that Blizz are playing a "no, this talent is too good in that fight" game. It doesn;t say that Ulthalesh decides on a per-fight basis whether something will give you a soul or not.

Do any other classes have this nonsense?

If it's "too good", why do they allow Warriors to spam Execute on thelast boss of Eye?
    With the answer they gave Ret yesterday concerning Crusade, Blizzard just showed that they are either woefully incompetent or don't give a shit to balance correctly.

Deleted
    Hello,

I have a little problem and hope you can help me.
    I have the following legendarys:

Hood of Eternal Disdain 940
    Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus 910
    Streten's Sleepless Shackles 910
    Power Cord of Lethtendris 940

Now I'm not sure which one I should wear.

When I wear Hood of Eternal Disdain and Prydaz my stats are: Critical Strike 21.50%, Haste 17.87% and Mastery 120.72%.
    With the Hood and Streten's: Critical Strike 21.64%, Haste 14.99% and Mastery 120.13%.

Currently I play with these talents:

Malefic Grasp
    Absolute Corruption
    Demonic Circle
    Siphon Life
    Dark Pact
    Grimoire of Supremacy
    Soul Conduit

I chose Absolute Corruption because I can't play the rotation with Contagion. I can't keep track of the dots.

Which legendarys do you recommend and under which percent my stats should not fall?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Hello,

I have a little problem and hope you can help me.
    I have the following legendarys:

Hood of Eternal Disdain 940
    Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus 910
    Streten's Sleepless Shackles 910
    Power Cord of Lethtendris 940

Now I'm not sure which one I should wear.

When I wear Hood of Eternal Disdain and Prydaz my stats are: Critical Strike 21.50%, Haste 17.87% and Mastery 120.72%.
    With the Hood and Streten's: Critical Strike 21.64%, Haste 14.99% and Mastery 120.13%.

Currently I play with these talents:

Malefic Grasp
    Absolute Corruption
    Demonic Circle
    Siphon Life
    Dark Pact
    Grimoire of Supremacy
    Soul Conduit

I chose Absolute Corruption because I can't play the rotation with Contagion. I can't keep track of the dots.

Which legendarys do you recommend and under which percent my stats should not fall?

Thanks in advance.
    Hood and either belt or bracers. If you have good epic bracers now then def belt since stats, but i'ld level the bracers next. Prydaz has really big stats but the effects on the bracers and belt are much much better.

Deleted
    One thing that may be interesting about the Reap and Sow legendary is that with a certain amount of haste (should be around 25%) your UA will last less than 6.5 seconds. If I'm not getting it wrong, it means that you can cast UA - UA - Reap Souls - Drain Soul with a single soul charge and cover all the duration of your UAs.
    The problem is that reaching 25% haste with the current gear is not easy, you'll probably need to sacrifice some crit and mastery. I think it may be not beneficial because Reap and Sow is not good in all situations as others already said.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I may as well ask here too.

I've had the belt and bracers for ages, and yesterday the helm dropped for me. As a non-raider who does mostly mythic+, which one should go? I'm considering ditching the belt (especially since it doesn't always play nicely with Fatal Echoes) but I'm not sure.

Any opinions?

unpopular opinion for M+ i'd probably ditch the hood tbh. The effect is neglijable and while the stats are... insane, for M+ you could just UA everything untill 1 SS and spam Seed from there *shrugh*

I got the Hood last weekend, I was just wondering if it's better to take WiA instead of MG while using it, or does it not matter as much?