The Scholasticate quests in terms of overall story were decent, but I really did not like Theo. Too much optimistic milksop for me. Hildibrand was much more fun. And the new Beast Tribe quests were decent, I just get so tired of the overplayed 'give me your hate' trope Japanese stories love so much to stick their villains with.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The Scholasticate quests in terms of overall story were decent, but I really did not like Theo. Too much optimistic milksop for me. Hildibrand was much more fun. And the new Beast Tribe quests were decent, I just get so tired of the overplayed 'give me your hate' trope Japanese stories love so much to stick their villains with.
    I didn't like Theo either. I loathe the face that they used for him. Plus it seemed to wrap up a little too neatly. Ishgard's charm, to me, was how morally grey and gritty it all was. There's enough preaching about 'we are all equal' in the real world, I don't really want to see it in fictional settings too. Especially when it's not even representative of the setting itself - Eorzea isn't a pleasant place. It's full of danger, xenophobia and so on.

Plus, as a role-player I may be biased since 'perfect' endings tend to stifle how characters can react to the world around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Once that big MSQ/sidequest burn's done, be sure and check out the alt jobs in POTD as a way to see what their skills are like and how they play at higher levels. It'll be a good way to level any of them you want, plus get you other goodies if you want them, like the weapons, gear currency at cap and the other junk that drops to sell/use.
    So I just finished up what I assume is the main ARR quest line, ended with 'The Ultimate Weapon'. I did some digging online to find out how to get started on HW quests...but it looks like I still have like 30+ quests and several more dungeon/raids to go before I can even do that? Fuck, I'll be half way to 60 by the time I can actually get to HW stuff!

This game is really starting to confuse me on things, and it's taking me so freaking long to figure the ins and outs. I had planned on just burning all of my classes or jobs or whatever the fuck they're called to 50, and then pick a few main jobs to get to 60, and so I was leveling Rogue and people were jumping on me for not having unlocked Ninja? Like, if I want to level Rogue, why do I need to go Ninja? Wouldn't that just level Ninja instead? So confusing ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    So I just finished up what I assume is the main ARR quest line, ended with 'The Ultimate Weapon'. I did some digging online to find out how to get started on HW quests...but it looks like I still have like 30+ quests and several more dungeon/raids to go before I can even do that? Fuck, I'll be half way to 60 by the time I can actually get to HW stuff!

This game is really starting to confuse me on things, and it's taking me so freaking long to figure the ins and outs. I had planned on just burning all of my classes or jobs or whatever the fuck they're called to 50, and then pick a few main jobs to get to 60, and so I was leveling Rogue and people were jumping on me for not having unlocked Ninja? Like, if I want to level Rogue, why do I need to go Ninja? Wouldn't that just level Ninja instead? So confusing ><
    At level 30 all classes (except heavensward jobs) are able to unlock their job. Rogue turns into Ninja, Gladiator into Paladin, etc etc. In order to unlock a class's job, you need the main class at 30 and the subclass at 15. So for Ninja, it would 30 rogue and 15 pugilist. Unlocking the job lets you access the job specific skills. When it comes to leveling, if you're a ninja you'll be leveling rogue as the job and class are not independent of each other experience wise. So if you're a level 60 rogue, with your job's soul stone equipped you'll be a level 60 ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    At level 30 all classes (except heavensward jobs) are able to unlock their job. Rogue turns into Ninja, Gladiator into Paladin, etc etc. In order to unlock a class's job, you need the main class at 30 and the subclass at 15. So for Ninja, it would 30 rogue and 15 pugilist. Unlocking the job lets you access the job specific skills. When it comes to leveling, if you're a ninja you'll be leveling rogue as the job and class are not independent of each other experience wise. So if you're a level 60 rogue, with your job's soul stone equipped you'll be a level 60 ninja.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, makes a lot more sense now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

To clarify a bit further, ARR Jobs get access to skills the base classes simply can't have. By contrast, they have fewer choices in cross-class skills than staying strictly as the base class. Some will not use Jobs in POTD to have access to other useful utility skills. Some will not use them because they're only after a cross-class skill unlock and don't care about getting the Job.

The HW Jobs and all future Jobs are just that: Jobs. No new base classes.

Probably closer to 52 than 60. There are 100 quests from where you are to unlocking Ishgard, but they all give you such a tiny amount of XP that you'll be a long way from 60 by the end. It all adds up to be sure, but nothing like as quick as you might like.

The worst part is you need to complete them all, including a couple of the side-quests, along with killing the hard mode Primals, to get to Ishgard. It's a bit of a shame really, it kills the pacing of the game faster than a passport check on a rollercoaster.

From lvl.1 to Ultima Weapon and Binding Coil of Bahamut is 2.0, A Realm Reborn. After that there is a year of patch content in the 'Defenders of Eorzea' story. You fight Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathan and more Ascians before the story takes a turn and you are pulled into the Dragonsong War in Ishgard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Got first Garo -mount, Ginga.

*10 Frontline victories while using event-title.
    That is a beautiful mount. Maybe I'll give PvP a try.

Also looking for clarification from, well anyone. The $60 pre-order version of the game will get me ALL the in game items? Thats all I care about, no room for big statues/boxes to sit around, I have plenty already and random samurai means nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    That is a beautiful mount. Maybe I'll give PvP a try.

Also looking for clarification from, well anyone. The $60 pre-order version of the game will get me ALL the in game items? Thats all I care about, no room for big statues/boxes to sit around, I have plenty already and random samurai means nothing to me.
    Yeah the digital CE will get you the Syldra mount, Wind Up Bartz, Red Mage Chicken Knife glamour and the standard stuff which are the Wind up Red Mage and Ala Mhigan Earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    YEAH KALADANDA BOIZ. Just finished it. Shame it's so ugly. Glamoured it right back to Stardust Rod Zenith since it goes with my Void Ark set. But finally done with it and can get back to leveling AST.
    Just completed mine last night, and I actually like it. I do think the storm effect it shows when unsheathed is a bit subdued compared to some of the other 270 anima weapons, but it's still not too shabby (and the default purple glow effect for BLM spells works pretty well with it). I'll also have the BLM Zeta done in the coming days, which will get turned in for starting the PLD anima...which means I have 1 270 anima down and 5 to go... o.o

Semi-related, having seen enough of the new 270 animas floating around, I'm of the opinion that the still screenshots and even .gifs shown from datamining didn't do some of these weapons justice. They all look better in game, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    In related to earlier discussion about Stormblood Collector's Edition pre-order.

I just got back from city, talked with GameStop employee and she could only find standard edition from the computer. This might either be because they aren't selling them yet, GameStop can't sell them at all, or she was new and searched from wrong place. Gave my phone number and time of day when SE store starts selling them, so I'll be waiting for the call tomorrow. If I get negative answer or nothing at all, I'll try to catch one from SE store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    In related to earlier discussion about Stormblood Collector's Edition pre-order.

I just got back from city, talked with GameStop employee and she could only find standard edition from the computer. This might either be because they aren't selling them yet, GameStop can't sell them at all, or she was new and searched from wrong place. Gave my phone number and time of day when SE store starts selling them, so I'll be waiting for the call tomorrow. If I get negative answer or nothing at all, I'll try to catch one from SE store.
    SE only for ce in the us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    SE only for ce in the us
    True, but I'm not in the US.

Anyways, somebody know when the full payment goes with pre-ordering CE? Around the time they ship them to buyers?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    From lvl.1 to Ultima Weapon and Binding Coil of Bahamut is 2.0, A Realm Reborn. After that there is a year of patch content in the 'Defenders of Eorzea' story. You fight Shiva, Ramuh, Leviathan and more Ascians before the story takes a turn and you are pulled into the Dragonsong War in Ishgard.
    Yeah, though thankfully the coil isn't part of the mai story and isn't required to get to HE content.

ahhh only one bird left for the phoenix. but it's zurvan's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say where do i claim the griffon mount from Heavensward CE? I bought it recently got everything but that, nothing on inventory , mail or in Mount page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Say where do i claim the griffon mount from Heavensward CE? I bought it recently got everything but that, nothing on inventory , mail or in Mount page.
    Should be delivered to your mail, have you tried hitting the Reward Delivery Request button? The item for the griffon should look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Check everything the icon is a generic ogre/behemoth horn icon. Had the thing in my inventory till last bloody month when i noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EU_Community_Team
    The physical collector’s edition of Stormblood is exclusive to the Square Enix Online Store in Europe too.
    Well, that cleared the situation.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4008053