The Vita had quality FIFA and MLB The Show ports.

Nobody cared about them on the Vita, and no one will care about them on the Switch. At the end of the day it's still an inferior version of the same game, and not something you typically play on the go. People mostly play sports games online, they usually require a very stable internet connection and low ping which wifi is horrible for.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-23 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting vid if you have the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    No it doesn't? The games out today might not be elaborate enough for hours and hours of continuous gaming, but some of the games I've tried for the Vive and PSVR are tons of fun for quick gaming sessions.
    You understand how subjective opinion works right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    animal crossing will definitely come to the switch at some point after new leaf did so well on 3ds. theres no way they'd abandon the series

- - - Updated - - -

Coming from EA's Patrick Soderlund...
    “I only spoke about FIFA today, but our company’s structure lets us release all sorts of games for every platform, so we’ll go wherever the gamers go. I think Nintendo Switch will put Nintendo at the forefront of the game industry once again. Their approach is quite different from anything they’ve done in the past – they’ve listened to EA, Activision, and other companies since the beginning of the Switch’s development, so we’ve been involved throughout the whole process. They teamed up with us because they wanted to guarantee the console would be successful. Doing business with Nintendo is very important for us… We’d like to bring more and more games over for everyone.”

If tendo bundles the switch with fifa in eu and madden in na i think that will really ship a fuckton of units.

have there ever been any quality handheld maddens or fifas? that could be a whole untapped market. imagine sports bars where groups of guys bring their switches and all play fifa and madden while they watch the game.

tendo should make a commercial about that.
    Yeah, I agree with edge, its going to be difficult to convince people to move away from current gen engines and back to ps3 days just because it's handheld. FIFA is now all about online FUT etc, I don't see Nintendo taking big numbers away from the home console market.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's lacking sales because VERY few people want to drop an additional $300+ on a peripheral to play a small handful of mediocre games. There's just not enough reason to buy one. I don't think it has anything to do with how "shitty" it is, honestly the prospect of VR and what it can do sounds amazing, though it would be pretty limited if the only compelling games on it were all first person, but who knows....I'm just not willing to spend $300 + cost of game to find out and it seems I'm part of a large group who feel the same way.
    It's lacking sales because VR is in its infancy and quite frankly, sucks ass still. VR is still extremely limited in what you can do and how you can do it. It'll be some time before we see VR fully realized and worth the time of actually using it. I have no doubt that one day, VR will be amazing. But right now....it's nothing but a gimmick/test phase.

The day that VR becomes something like a full dive experience (think Sword Art Online) is the day it will be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If ps vr was £100 I probably still wouldn't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to die while playing games thank you.

Though really, unless something changes drastically in computing, it's a multitude of factors that limits VR. For a better experience, the HMD needs to be higher sub pixel density. That means no garbage PenTile display like on Vive/Oculus. Consequently it requires way higher refresh rate, wider gamut, FoV and latency. This pretty much ups the need for more powerful gear to drive the HMD though.

We have 'solutions' for very low low end VR like the Gear VR/Google Cardboard, but well.. they're garbage. If Nintendo were to do any VR it'd be more akin to that, which is not a good thing. PS VR really is the cheapest barrier entry for VR and $600-700 investment is quite a tall order for something that doesn't have a lot of content yet, and that's a big issue. Catch 22, need content for people to be enticed to buy the stuff needed, but not a lot of people will develop for something that doesn't have a huge install base. No logical business men will go full charge VR without a lot of backing or certainty, and VR is not in a good state of certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Trying to argue opinions...

I'm sure your grandma finds candy crush "tons of fun" for "quick gaming sessions" as well. It's still garbage to me.

VR is an even shittier gimmick then motion controls, and it shows with lack of sales.
    Well, my goal was not to disprove an opinion based on facts, but rather to explain why I disagree.
    If you don't like VR as a concept, that's fine, but to say that it's a gimmick and that sales are bad because people aren't interested is probably just wrong.
    The problem with VR is that there are no elaborate AAA-titles made for the Vive/OC/PSVR yet, because the devices themselves are very expensive, and you also need a very powerful computer to run it, which again means that only curios people with a decent salary own them yet. I think the price will go down, the experiences become better and sales will go up. I read something about FB saying that the OR will need 10 years to gain momentum, so they're in it for the long ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You understand how subjective opinion works right?
    And I'm just saying that I strongly disagree. You said that "VR sucks" which cannot be mistaken for a fact, so why should I have to start with "My opinion is...."? That should be implicit.
    Mother pus bucket!

There are a lot of neat use-cases for the Vive atm, and a lot of potential for neat games, but its true that we're in the early days. Much like people didn't think the public needed/wanted tablets before Apple started pushing the iPad, now that people have the tech in their hands they can start coming up with peripheral and game systems designs while the tech matures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    And I'm just saying that I strongly disagree. You said that "VR sucks" which cannot be mistaken for a fact, so why should I have to start with "My opinion is...."? That should be implicit.
    Instead of saying no it doesn't maybe use something like I don't agree, because one is correcting my opinion and the other is disagreeing with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Instead of saying no it doesn't maybe use something like I don't agree, because one is correcting my opinion and the other is disagreeing with my opinion.
    Very well, we will change our arguments to "My opinion is that VR gaming fucking sucks" and "I disagree. etc."
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It'd be weird for USB Type-C to not support 3.0/3.1 protocol. Technically it doesn't have to but it's pretty pointless to not do so. They'd definitely have to include USB Power Delivery though as to not be limited to 5W wall charge, and Nvidia doesn't have any quick charge tech as far as I remember.
    That doesn't mean that they've actually connected the power usb socket to the processor. They could just be using the driver chip for the power and the normal 2.0 for data. Does their processor choice even allow for full implementation of USB 3.1? I mean the protocol is a clusterfuck of optional support because the higher specs can't be reached by most systems, so it might in theory (but then you probably don't get much more than gloryfied 2.0). Has no one of the devs taken this thing apart yet? Tsk. :P.

Edit: I'm kinda confused what the point of the USB on the back is anyway. I just rewatched the presentation and you plug in a USB-C into the Switch itself, is that supposed to be for charging? The connection to the dock? Controller replacement? Only the charging is mentioned though, so I don't think it has many other uses.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-23 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Edit: I'm kinda confused what the point of the USB on the back is anyway. I just rewatched the presentation and you plug in a USB-C into the Switch itself, is that supposed to be for charging? The connection to the dock? Controller replacement? Only the charging is mentioned though, so I don't think it has many other uses.
    I think the USB-C on the Switch is for charging on the go and the USB-C on the dock is for charging while docked.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Am Setsuna is now a launch title. Confirmed by SE this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    I think the USB-C on the Switch is for charging on the go and the USB-C on the dock is for charging while docked.
    Yea, I figured as much, but what is the normal type A for? Afaik you can't hook up an SSD to it, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    We're giving you a meh Vita game from 8 months ago, please be excited!

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    That's great and all, but I Am Setsuna isn't exactly a game changer. It took a couple of aspects from Chrono Trigger (the battle system, a great soundtrack, and a good story) while forgetting the things that made Chrono Trigger so great and memorable (fucking New Game+ and multiple endings is what I think of when I think Chrono Trigger, not X Attack). Not helping matters are the price tag ($40 when the consensus is it's worth $25 - $30), the graphics (it looks more like a 3DS game than even an Xbox 360 game), a total lack of marketing (it has just under 600 reviews on Steam, this isn't some indie game, it's a SQUARE-ENIX indie game), and the fact that I've owned it since July.

That said, it's a VERY good thing there's another launch title out there, and I do hope I Am Setsuna does super well with exactly one game to compete with. It's just nothing to really get hyped about unless you like good music (seriously, go buy the soundtrack, it's awesome).
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IDK, it's possible they'll let you use flash drives for storing games you want to take with you. External SSDs shouldn't be too much work to configure for more storage as well(if you really wanted to have that kinda thing hooked up to it).
    Well seeing how the build in storage is rather pathetic it would be a nice way without having tons of sd cards floating around. But to properly use it a usb 3.0/3.1 connection would have been nice (and currently I'm guessing the lower one is 2.0).

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...witch-Launches

Details on the Switch at PAX South. Instead of a normal gaming booth, Nintendo has a customized booth with varying situations where you can play it such as a cross-section of a plane or a living set-up.

You can also play Breath of the Wild, 1,2 Switch, Snipperclips, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Super Bomberman R, and Super Street Fighter Ultimate.

What sucks is I can't go to San Antonio despite living relatively near (Houston) because of adulting. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am setsuna is meh. Utterly meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yea, I figured as much, but what is the normal type A for? Afaik you can't hook up an SSD to it, can you?
    No idea, but I would guess it's for the charging grip/pro controller.