Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Hope this is first and last time they are inspired by old armor sets.
    uhm why? there are a lot awesome old tiersets which cant be used because of low poly or blurry/undetailed textures. I'm in for way more reworks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Tier 3 and 7 were both in Naxx...T7 is a rehash of T3.
    I'm more than sure that Sartharion also dropped T7 (hands). And T20 base models are HD upgradse, while their mythic/elite PvP variants look different, but are still based on T6, which is okay. Stop crying. Just look at the more finished T20 sets like DH, Monk or Warrior... compare heroic to mythic sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, those finished sets look too much like the old sets. Shame there is no time left to tweak or adjust them. With 7.2 going live next week, guess we'll just have to live with it.

"Keep in mind that this is an early preview. Sets may be unfinished, missing pieces, and missing colors."
    Obvious white knighting aside, has a change in DESIGN EVER happened?

How can people dislike the sets? It's not like they just copy-pasted them with better textures. ALL the pieces are reworked and they've added 3D pieces on boots, belt and gloves. They've even introduced a different design on plate boots (see warrior t20 for example).
    I get that for some people hating on Legion for minor stuff is the new craze, but there sets are designed and made from the ground up. Yes, they look like the BT sets, but that's the design they wanted to go for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    It really does sound like your brain cells have committed suicide, what has anything I typed have to do with Nostalgia?

On the subject of copy and paste, the focal points (shoulders/helm/chest) of each sets are practically identical to T6, which to me suggests the most important part of the design process has been copied/pasted with some minor tweaks to the textures to freshen them up. This is copy and paste (imo). As I said, they might actually look really good in game.
    Well the fact that T20 looks better and people denying it would do so mostly because of nostalgia and not actual comparison. Thanks for avoiding my question tho and continuing being ignorant about it, as well as making yourself look stupid by repeating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Was talking about warrior sets....thus the "mythic warrior set"
    He was replying to "the rest look like copy paste tho" that part.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Beside the fact that 100% of player xmog their shit

Can't really see the meaning behind this faggy thread

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-23 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    How can people dislike the sets? It's not like they just copy-pasted them with better textures. ALL the pieces are reworked and they've added 3D pieces on boots, belt and gloves. They've even introduced a different design on plate boots (see warrior t20 for example).
    I get that for some people hating on Legion for minor stuff is the new craze, but there sets are designed and made from the ground up. Yes, they look like the BT sets, but that's the design they wanted to go for.
    People were expecting some inspired updates rather than HD replicas, like paladin T17 is an update of the Justicar set, mage, warrior, warlock, druid and rogue T18 are updates of Magister's Regalia, Wrath/Destroyer, Dreadmist, Cenarion/Stormrage and Bloodfang respectively, without having every element of the original design in the exact same place. They remind you of those sets through color palette and general outline, but they stand on their own.

Seeing the exact same sets again is a bit disappointing, especially when the original looks better on the character if you ignore the resolution difference:
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-01-23 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    When somebody (private work of a Blizzard designer IIRC) posted an updated T2 judgement (https://webjunkiesblog.blogspot.de/2...imagining.html), literally everyone was drooling over it and wished they remade it in that detail.
    Probably because there was no pretense that it was anything other than a high-definition copy/paste.

Given that they said T20 would be inspired by T6, however, that sets some rather different expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Obvious white knighting aside, has a change in DESIGN EVER happened?
    No White Knighting here. You would be accusing Chaud of that, since he is the one that put the disclaimer up front and in red.

I'll judge the final product, not the first draft. Is it going to receive a major overhaul? unlikely. Will it get more polish? Most likely. I'm OK with a HD version of T6. Not my preferred tier to get a revamp, but it's OK

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    No White Knighting here. You would be accusing Chaud of that, since he is the one that put the disclaimer up front and in red.

I'll judge the final product, not the first draft. Is it going to receive a major overhaul? unlikely. Will it get more polish? Most likely. I'm OK with a HD version of T6. Not my preferred tier to get a revamp, but it's OK
    No, it lies in the interpretation of what he said. It's also no stretch that an MMO-C moderator would be a white knight.

Thinking these are first drafts is even more stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I think a few people, myself included, got the impression that it would be more inspired than just a copy/paste deal, similar to how T19 paladin was inspired by the judgement set.
    This pretty much. T19 was very clearly inspired by T2 and it looked pretty good in that regard, even when i missed all the seals. I would not mind them going closer to these Sets. I mean... Remember how Uther's T2-Model in HotS looks. I would let that kind of thing slide. But i find the Paladin T20 ESPECIALLY bland here, because T6 was already pretty bland. And now, 10 years later where the Games Design overall has evolved this far its EVEN MORE BLAND. It also appears to be the only set with no chance whatsoever except that the shoulders are a bit more spiky and brighter. Oh and we got a belt-buckle now... It hasn't evolved at all. Same kind of goes for the Priest-Set, even tho this always looked pretty good. But with some classes i just feel like they entirely didnt give a shit.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

For those who are curious, I did a side-by-side mockup of both T20 and T6.

Judging (no pun intended) by the looks of both of these, I think it is fair to say that's quite literally a copy and paste job. The only things on T20 that looks any decent are the shoulders and the crown. The rest of it looks pretty much identical to the T6 set. Only minor difference is that the overal color scheme on T20 looks more rounded, while T6's gold decors look a bit more shiny, making it stand out more.

HOWEVER! However, note that T20 is clearly a work in progress:

-- No shin guards on the boots, most likely 3D pieces.
    -- No arm guards on the gloves, most likely 3D pieces.
    -- No silver clasps on the cloth on the chestguard, most likely 3D Pieces
    -- The belt model is almost entirely missing, minus the buckle (the gold/orange piece across the crotch.)
    -- The blue cloth parts on either sides of the hips are also missing, most likely 3D pieces.

Having said that... the armor that has been shown so far leaves a lot to be desired.

-- The silver has less color depth compared to T6, looking more like cast iron than steel or silver.
    -- The gold on the armor doesn't match the shoulders at all. The shoulders are much more colorful and detailed than the rest.
    -- The brown leather straps are less detailed on T20 than they are on T6 (The straps on the abdomen are a clear indication).
    -- The blue cloth parts on T20 lack a lot of highlights, making those sections look quite flat.

In all honesty, so far... I much prefer T6 over T20, simply because it looks more bold and stands out so much more than T20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    I'm more than sure that Sartharion also dropped T7 (hands). And T20 base models are HD upgradse, while their mythic/elite PvP variants look different, but are still based on T6, which is okay. Stop crying. Just look at the more finished T20 sets like DH, Monk or Warrior... compare heroic to mythic sets.
    Who said I was crying? I was just stating a fact for someone who didn't know T7 was a rehash of T3...not once didn't I complain in this thread that T20 is a redone T6...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    For those who are curious, I did a side-by-side mockup of both T20 and T6.

Judging (no pun intended) by the looks of both of these, I think it is fair to say that's quite literally a copy and paste job. The only things on T20 that looks any decent are the shoulders and the crown. The rest of it looks pretty much identical to the T6 set. Only minor difference is that the overal color scheme on T20 looks more rounded, while T6's gold decors look a bit more shiny, making it stand out more.

HOWEVER! However, note that T20 is clearly a work in progress:

-- No shin guards on the boots, most likely 3D pieces.
    -- No arm guards on the gloves, most likely 3D pieces.
    -- No silver clasps on the cloth on the chestguard, most likely 3D Pieces
    -- The belt model is almost entirely missing, minus the buckle (the gold/orange piece across the crotch.)
    -- The blue cloth parts on either sides of the hips are also missing, most likely 3D pieces.

Having said that... the armor that has been shown so far leaves a lot to be desired.

-- The silver has less color depth compared to T6, looking more like cast iron than steel or silver.
    -- The gold on the armor doesn't match the shoulders at all. The shoulders are much more colorful and detailed than the rest.
    -- The brown leather straps are less detailed on T20 than they are on T6 (The straps on the abdomen are a clear indication).
    -- The blue cloth parts on T20 lack a lot of highlights, making those sections look quite flat.

In all honesty, so far... I much prefer T6 over T20, simply because it looks more bold and stands out so much more than T20.
    Yeah...other thank the shoulders being more glowy...T6 kinda looks better all around...it's like they made T20 look blander just for the sake of saying they changed it...

T20 lost the design on the boots, gloves, pants, and chest just to look more generic (Same for the belt unless there just isn't a belt and it isn't one of those belts that blends in perfectly with the chest and pants). In exchange the shoulders are more glowy and the crown looks much better (Which doesn't mean much to me as I never display helms).

So it's like the set became more generic for the simple fact they can claim plausible deniability that they put some work into the set when people claim copy and paste lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draftswe View Post
    1. Its early preview. 2. Its nostalgic and alot of people are going to see it as a tribute to black temple which was like 10 years ago. 3. This is the first time they have made a tier look like a previous one

Actually a lot of tiers are similar, even T19 for nighthold is full of rehashed themes

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    He was replying to "the rest look like copy paste tho" that part.
    Doesn't take much insight that it was in reference to warriors. Why would I preface with warriors, then talk about the rest of the other sets like I give a shit about them? When nearly all the other mythic classes all have wildly different appearances than their original counterparts.

#Logic
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a monk so i'm pretty excited for my tier. These are early previews so who knows what they will look like at the end but if these are pretty much final and only missing small tweaks, it yet again doesn't surprise me and am kinda disappointed. I remember at Blizzcon saying they were gonna use them as inspiration but holy hell this straight up updating textures. What makes me chuckle about this is the fight Blizz is having over the private servers, how they don't want to make them because they want to move the game forward and other reasons yet they still rehash so much of their old shit. I just don't get it.

Note: I'm not a fan of private servers and in no way defending them. I just new designs.

I love it. T6 was probably my favorite tier design and I'm excited about the new color schemes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    It defeats the purpose since transmogrify has been out for four years.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah only if they viewed Vanilla wow as an inspiration, wouldn't mind if they rehashed that.
    lol fuck off
    "wtf blizz why are you rehashing shit thats lazy.... REHASH ONLY WHAT I SHEEN WANT YOU TO REHASH!!!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-23 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I agree with the rehashing. Even if previously stated I would hope they would have notable changes. I don't agree that previous Tier sets are all garbage.. but I think it's pathetic for it to be nearly identical.

Weapons next expansion will look like Artifacts without transmog. Why not? Fuck it.

I feel saddened by their decision to do this. I was proud to get all of my tier pieces when raiding was very fun and transmog it now if I want to.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)