10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, kinda pulling for the Patriots. Wana see Bennett get his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Atlanta deserves it. Only their second appearance ever too. Kinda surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Hmm, kinda pulling for the Patriots. Wana see Bennett get his.
    I'd love it for Marty Bennett and Chris Long, those guys have been awesome additions this year both on and off the field. (I understand you probably don't have much love for Chris Long the ex-Ram though).

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this Superbowl could be a tossup. I think the Falcons are a better team overall it seems, but the Patriots is a better organization.

If the Falcons play like they have been then they will win I feel, but it will be close.

For the past few Superbowls, I actually think this one will be close.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'd love it for Marty Bennett and Chris Long, those guys have been awesome additions this year both on and off the field. (I understand you probably don't have much love for Chris Long the ex-Ram though).
    Nah IDC about Chris.

Plus I like watching the best offenses lose. Creating a good defense in modern rules is much more impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah IDC about Chris.

Plus I like watching the best offenses lose. Creating a good defense in modern rules is much more impressive.
    No. 1 scoring offense against no. 1 scoring defense. Should be a great game.

@apepi Fun fact, Patriots have never won or lost a Superbowl by more than 4 points. Always close games.

Fun fact, Patriots have never won or lost a Superbowl by more than 4 points. Always close games.
    Well, we know what happened last (maybe every?) time the no. 1 scoring offense went against the no. 1 scoring defense in the Superbowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bring to me the roasts and, the memes.
    Don't you talk enough shit without having to get that douchebag skip bayless to spew more of it for you?

This was my worst case scenario Super Bowl, so I can't watch it. Oh well. How 'bout that draft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm shocked you even knew football was still being played at this time of year, I mean your teams claim to fame is star players retiring early rather then losing year after year and going 0-16.
    Are you sure you're not upset?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Don't you talk enough shit without having to get that douchebag skip bayless to spew more of it for you?
    It's fine actually!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I mean Falcons fans knock yourself out, that was was a beat down, but Lions fans? WTF.
    Bbwwwhaha. Just remind those Lions fans of their glorious championships and the fact their QB is literally Benjamin Button.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the news this morning it annoys me that Julio Jones and Chris Hogan had almost the same production yesterday. Yet only Jones is being talked and praised for his performance.

Keep in mind, I think Jones is terrific. I like the Falcons too.

But c'mon, r/nfl. You're out here acting like the Pats are nobodies that stumbled into their 9th playoff championship.

Super annoying.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-01-23 at 01:55 PM.

@apepi Fun fact, Patriots have never won or lost a Superbowl by more than 4 points. Always close games.

Yea, Brady can thank Viniateri for 2 rings and Malcolm Butler for another.

Bills would've loved a legit kicker to at least got them one SB back in the 90s lol

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the news this morning it annoys me that Julio Jones and Chris Hogan almost the same production yesterday. Yet only Jones is being talked and praised for his performance.

But c'mon, r/nfl. You're out here acting like the Pats are nobodies that stumbled into their 9th playoff championship.

Super annoying.
    Yea, both wen 9 for 180 2 touchdowns, but that's how it works. A team that always in the mix vs a team that barely going into their 2nd appearance

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the news this morning it annoys me that Julio Jones and Chris Hogan had almost the same production yesterday. Yet only Jones is being talked and praised for his performance.

Super annoying.
    Its reddit, they're pretty good at ignoring one side of a story because its not what they want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we tone the personal attacks down? That's not what this thread or forum is about.

Fun fact, Patriots have never won or lost a Superbowl by more than 4 points. Always close games.
    I'm assuming you mean just the Belichick-Brady Patriots. They lost in XX by 36 and XXXI by 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I'm assuming you mean just the Belichick-Brady Patriots. They lost in XX by 36 and XXXI by 14.
    Mhmm, yeah, should have made that clear. Just the ones in the Brady/Belichick era.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Well, we know what happened last (maybe every?) time the no. 1 scoring offense went against the no. 1 scoring defense in the Superbowl.
    Scoring defense is 6-1 against the scoring offense.

1966: Packers 35 (D), Chiefs 10 (O)
    1969: Chiefs 23 (D), Vikings 7 (O)
    1978: Steelers 35 (D), Cowboys 31 (O)
    1984: 49ers 38 (D), Dolphins 16 (O)
    1989: 49ers 55 (O), Broncos 10 (D)
    1990: Giants 20 (D), Bills 19 (O)
    2013: Seahawks 43 (D), Broncos 8 (O)

(shamelessly copied from someone on reddit)

- - - Updated - - -

I think the more concerning fact for the Falcons is that they have the no. 1 scoring offense and the no. 27 scoring defense against the Patriots no. 3 scoring offense and no. 1 scoring defense.

Falcons definitely have the ability to score, and score big, but they are susceptible to being scored on as well. They'll have to get a quick start (which they can, cause they've scored a TD on their opening possession the last 8 games) and force the Patriots into being one dimensional and unleashing their pass rush, like they did against the Packers.

Falcons have been resilient this year though, and played a few good defenses, and put up huge numbers every single time. I personally think the Patriots will just slow the Falcons down, not stop them. Given the competition they played, I think Atlanta's no. 1 scoring offense title is earned more than the Patriots no. 1 scoring defense title (even if I do believe the Patriots defense is underrated).

Going to take some classic Belichick game plan to beat the Falcons.

Deleted
    These playoffs have been awful.
    That's putting it mildly. But the SB has lots of potential to be at least entertaining, even with the Pats being clearly favored.

Don't really care too much about No. 1 scoring defense. It's impressive, but I doubt the NE defence in a vacuum is much better than Seattle's, they just had an offense which got them reliably off the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    That's putting it mildly. But the SB has lots of potential to be at least entertaining, even with the Pats being clearly favored.

Don't really care too much about No. 1 scoring defense. It's impressive, but I doubt the NE defence in a vacuum is much better than Seattle's, they just had an offense which got them reliably off the field.
    Yeah, that holds true for Patriots AND Falcons, they both had offenses that were able to sustain drives and keep their defenses fresh. Going to be interesting in the Superbowl which offense can tire out the opposing defense the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jamie Collins signs an extension 4 years $50mil, a far cry from the sensationalist numbers thrown about to justify trading him, but still more than the Patriots would've wanted to pay.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He still gets paid more annually then Kuechly (sp? I hate that name) which is kinda wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleveland has to overpay until they escape laughingstock status.