Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What they need to make is more factions, instead of just clumping new races into existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What they need to make is more factions, instead of just clumping new races into existing ones.
    There is less than no point. It would actually hurt the game. The player base is spread thin enough now.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

More like made the already existing factions take the spotlight once again with a new bar for expansion if the game need some grind mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    There is less than no point. It would actually hurt the game. The player base is spread thin enough now.
    What are the relevant parameters that determine they're spread thin though?

Having two factions with each having 50% players or having three factions with each having approx. 30% isn't making that much of a difference; if anything it gives the possibility to create moere content. I understand your point thought and it would be great if things were focused around two factions, but we're witnessing more and more distancing from faction-based content. They're struggling to find anything new. It would be ideal if they focus more on the existing factions, but I guess the current expansion's theme warrants for a bit more "peaceful" relations.

Right now the only two things that put accent on having two factions are the unresolved feud over Theramore and Gilneas, while more than half of each faction is totally uninterested in getting involved in any of it(it's basically Jaina, Vereesa, Genn and Sylvanas involved in the feud).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-01-23 at 01:52 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from wiping my party when he reached 5% hp, that guy is too awesome. Nice to see that there are Void planets and they are... tentacl-y.

And, a little off-topic, but there's something I think would be very cool to see:

What if... the Void Lords sent a last Old God towards Azeroth? We would have to defend the land from this incoming, comet-monstrosity. Maybe even use the Exodar to board it to kill the thing with swords and magicks. I mean, in World of Warcraft, it IS already very similar to the Metroid Prime series: The Old Gods that we saw corrupted the things with their own dark energies, replacing the ecosystem with their servants and tentacles and stuff. They already have some similarities with the Leviathans.

http://i.imgur.com/dkUaSy7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Aside from wiping my party when he reached 5% hp, that guy is too awesome. Nice to see that there are Void planets and they are... tentacl-y.

And, a little off-topic, but there's something I think would be very cool to see:

What if... the Void Lords sent a last Old God towards Azeroth? We would have to defend the land from this incoming, comet-monstrosity. Maybe even use the Exodar to board it to kill the thing with swords and magicks. I mean, in World of Warcraft, it IS already very similar to the Metroid Prime series: The Old Gods that we saw corrupted the things with their own dark energies, replacing the ecosystem with their servants and tentacles and stuff. They already have some similarities with the Leviathans.

http://i.imgur.com/dkUaSy7.jpg
    That's a pretty cool idea; an Old God smashing into one of the known worlds.

I think that once Azeroth's forces are more or less incorporated into the Amry of the Light, we'll be going from place to place and ridding the universe from evil. This theme opened endless posibilities for Blizzard. They can create new races, new factions, new worlds and entirely new enemies.

That's a pretty cool idea; an Old God smashing into one of the known worlds.

I think that once Azeroth's forces are more or less incorporated into the Amry of the Light, we'll be going from place to place and ridding the universe from evil. This theme opened endless posibilities for Blizzard. They can create new races, new factions, new worlds and entirely new enemies.
    I don't see that happening honestly. Well, actually, I don't know. I was going to say that whole Metzen thing about Warcraft being in the core about Orcs and Humans and bla bla bla, but he quit, so who knows.

Might as well as make a conection between Warcraft and Starcraft.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

What are the relevant parameters that determine they're spread thin though?

Having two factions with each having 50% players or having three factions with each having approx. 30% isn't making that much of a difference; if anything it gives the possibility to create moere content. I understand your point thought and it would be great if things were focused around two factions, but we're witnessing more and more distancing from faction-based content. They're struggling to find anything new. It would be ideal if they focus more on the existing factions, but I guess the current expansion's theme warrants for a bit more "peaceful" relations.

Right now the only two things that put accent on having two factions are the unresolved feud over Theramore and Gilneas, while more than half of each faction is totally uninterested in getting involved in any of it(it's basically Jaina, Vereesa, Genn and Sylvanas involved in the feud).
    Too many realms in serious need of a merger atm. So many medium pop realms really feel dead nowadays. Anytime you try and find a guild they want you to faction change.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Its not the old gods and sargeras that we need to be worried about actually - its the Void and the Void Lords

But as player characters we don't really know about them yet. Only as real people playing the game do we.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll ever actually go into the void. We saw 3 visions in that fight. 1) A normal world. 2) the same world corrupted by fel (the Burning Legion). 3) the same world corrupted by the void (Old Gods). We can't actually go into the void itself because matter can't exist there. And plus it would be a case of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...aspTheTrueForm so who knows exactly what it would look like.