Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    Divine Purpose and Crusade are both very strong talents, that have a significant impact on the rotation and playstyle of the spec (and as mentioned, on gear/talent/relic/etc. decisions), even at their current strength.
    I have to say I don't fully understand this here part.

Is Blizzard actually thinking that we have viable alternatives on the last talent row?
    Because last time I simmed, DP was no less than a 100k DPS loss on single target, on a 300sec Patchwerk fight with 20% length variance.

As I see it, DP is not strong at all. They should buff DP as they are nerfing Crusade to actually bring them to line, I think.

when he said DP is strong!!!, you should see the replies !

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Wrath would need to get more bursty? That talent shouldn't have ever existed in a PvE row. It just serously needs to go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

These are some of the more lolworthy comments as of lately.
    To sum it up, they don't want to bother, basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/
    meditate ... you'll find the answer

- - - Updated - - -

check this out
    Sigma ( game Designer) replies for the crusade Nerf on US forum:
    We are definitely keenly aware that people feel better when we fix a problem by buffing something, rather than fixing it by nerfing something. If you look across classes and talent rows in 7.1.5, you'll see the great majority of balance issues were addressed by buffing underperforming talents. There are a few factors that go into this decision though, and it generally has to be handled on a case-by-case basis.

One issue when balancing a lopsided talent row is whether we want the overall power of the spec to go slightly up or slightly down in the process. In the case of Retribution during our tuning adjustments for the opening of Nighthold, we intended to slightly nerf the topend performance of the spec (essentially, the performance of players stacking trinkets/relics/legendaries that all build around Crusade). I know there's no easy way to deliver that message, but hopefully it's at least worth clarifying that it's not some accident of how we chose to balance the L100 row. Players say "why couldn't we buff Divine Purpose instead of nerfing Crusade", for the very understandable reason that the former wouldn't have resulted in a slight DPS nerf. But we were conscious of the slight DPS nerf when we decided to do it this way.

Another factor is that there are sometimes limits on how powerful we want an individual talent to be, regardless of balance within the row. Divine Purpose and Crusade are both very strong talents, that have a significant impact on the rotation and playstyle of the spec (and as mentioned, on gear/talent/relic/etc. decisions), even at their current strength. Balancing Retribution L100 at an even higher point would start causing more issues--Divine Purpose would allow strings of multiple free finishers very often, Crusade would continue to represent a majority of the spec's damage within a cooldown, and Holy Wrath would have to get even more bursty to try to compete with the other two. Sometimes we have to be careful about addressing all balance problems by buffing two talents up to match the highest one, because it can lead to a lot of power creep on the importance of a single talent to an entire DPS rotation.
    Where do you see that? Link please

Deleted
    [url]
    Divine Purpose and Crusade are both very strong talents, that have a significant impact on the rotation and playstyle of the spec (and as mentioned, on gear/talent/relic/etc. decisions), even at their current strength.
    Drugs... the only explaination are drugs.

Am I the only one who thinks Crusade should be baseline and have a replacement lvl100 Talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Crusade should be baseline and have a replacement lvl100 Talent?
    I´d rather take some vailable alternatives to crusade on the 100 row. How about "wings only last 2/3 or 1/2 the time but does double the DMG" my current problem is to find a 30 second period were nothing happens so I can hammer way on the boss without care. Ideally in place of holy cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Drugs... the only explaination are drugs.
    Well divine Noprocpose is indeed a very strong talent, he's right there.
    It just so happens it's fething unusable in any sort of competitive dragonslaying and is used in pvp only out of no better options.
    Overall, very strong and balanced talent indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Well divine Noprocpose is indeed a very strong talent, he's right there.
    It just so happens it's fething unusable in any sort of competitive dragonslaying and is used in pvp only out of no better options.
    Overall, very strong and balanced talent indeed.
    stop being your sarcastic self or at least attach some sarcasm warnings. It´s bothersome to cleanup the the confusion you leave whenever your sarcasm is to advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    stop being your sarcastic self or at least attach some sarcasm warnings. It´s bothersome to cleanup the the confusion you leave whenever your sarcasm is to advanced.
    Warning: My posts may contain sarcasm and my sarcasm my contain posts.

I'm confused with the wording for "blade of justice", which is augmented into other abilities or replaced by divine hammer. Is divine hammer getting a 20% buff or just the other two in that talent line? Because fuck, as a fresh 860 pally this feels really harsh and hits all of the abilities that I currently use with no benefit.

I like the "idea" of smoothing out the burstiness (because I haven't been able to get a faulty countermeasure either) and it would help in those instances where you whiff your big dick dps cooldown - or just dont want to pop your wings on trash right before a harder pull.

Divine Purpose is actually a pretty strong talent, it just goes up against Crusade which is such a fucking powerhouse on so many levels, that anything compared to it will look like trash (which is what Holy Wrath is don't get me wrong).

how did you know they are buffing a spell ability not a talent ! Divine hammer is a talent for Blade of justice !
    Virtue's Blade and Blade of Wrath are named talents that augment the way the ability Blade of Justice works, whereas Divine Hammer replaces Blade of Justice completely.

It's similar to how Crusade replaces AW when you take the talent. The nerf to Crusade will not at all affect AW because they are separate abilities, and DH is separate from BoJ.

I get your logic though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    Divine Purpose is actually a pretty strong talent, it just goes up against Crusade which is such a fucking powerhouse on so many levels, that anything compared to it will look like trash (which is what Holy Wrath is don't get me wrong).
    The compounding issue with DP vs Crusade is that if you get 3 relics with Crusade/AW uptime it favors crusade so much more than DP, whereas if you have say 3 TV damage relics it would be more competetive between the 2.

The nerf to Crusade is a target nerf at people who are dropping higher ilvl relics to add more Crusade uptime relics. Blizz really wants higher ilvl gear to always be better (with the exception of jewelry) so they're going out of their way to make Ret players with low ilvl relics for the sake of crusade uptime switch to any ilvl upgrade.

TLDR: "We know your last talent row is shit, our bad on Holy Wrath, we don't have time to fix it right now, we'll get it in patch 7.2 maybe, we don't want to buff Divine Purpose or level 100 paladins will be too strong, stop tailoring all your gearing choices around the one good DPS talent we gave you."

Deleted
    What a great thing that the nerf to crusade in PvP applies but the buff to BoJ does not.. rather than giving us meaningful alternatives in our talent row!

If you actually think about it our tier sets 2pc and 4pc are basically what they nerfed from the cloak and ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    If you actually think about it our tier sets 2pc and 4pc are basically what they nerfed from the cloak and ring.
    why good morning. this has been consensus since we saw the changes and the set bonus the first time. but yeah set bonuses are lazy AF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    This is true. I also wonder if having 4 piece set bonus would be worth losing 10-15% dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.