Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    50% of the GDP isn't impressive when the national population is 80% urbanized.
    We aren't even talking about all the left leaning cities, so yeah... just the biggest ones that just about sum up to 50%. It's a statistical argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You do not have to be tall to be very strong and powerful. One of the strongest guys I have know was only 5'7", but he could do physical efforts the great majority of guys over 6 foot tall could never do. And on topic, he never assaulted the guy, so no, he did not cross the line.
    Assault doesn't require a physical connection like with a battery charge so it would be up to a judge regarding Shia's level of threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    It's Vogue. /shrug
    Derelicte!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    No, my friend wanted to tell me something over the loud music. So he got right next to my ear and screamed it...

EVERYONE SAYING THIS ISN'T ASSAULT, LET ME SCREAM IN YOUR EAR!!!
    If it's assault let the courts decide. Police are also regularly seen on the stream and apparently didn't intervene so maybe you're not right on this. If the guy is so pressed about it I'm sure he can take the necessary steps.

And again, your hearing was being permanently damaged whether he screamed in your ear or not is my point.

No, my friend wanted to tell me something over the loud music. So he got right next to my ear and screamed it...

You caps'd on my screen, did you just assault my eyes?

10+ Year Old Account

It's a protest. He was going to counter-protest. That means he had a reasonable expectation that people would be shouting back at him like this. If he didn't want to experience that, he shouldn't have gone there and done that.

If I go to a martial-arts training session, I don't get to scream "ASSAULT" when someone lays hands on me, even if it would be considered assault in another circumstance (which isn't even clear, for the shouting).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    We aren't even talking about all the left leaning cities, so yeah... just the biggest ones that just about sum up to 50%. It's a statistical argument.
    Yeah it's a poor statistical argument. 80% of the population should easily be producing over half the GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a protest. He was going to counter-protest. That means he had a reasonable expectation that people would be shouting back at him like this. If he didn't want to experience that, he shouldn't have gone there and done that.

If I go to a martial-arts training session, I don't get to scream "ASSAULT" when someone lays hands on me, even if it would be considered assault in another circumstance (which isn't even clear, for the shouting).
    Idk Endus, you can't really justify screaming into someone's ear no matter what. So they are kinda right about that. It can cause permanent damage and it would have been inflicted on purpose. The troll would have a solid case, it's just that I don't care about his miserable ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's a poor statistical argument. 80% of the population should easily be producing over half the GDP.
    Reread the post or I'll try to rephrase. I can't really translate what I mean that well.

Deleted
    Yeah because Trump fans haven't done the same. Trump fans deserve to get everything that's coming at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're arguing against a point that wasn't even made, is the issue. It's a straw man.

Here's the 50/50 split in GDP;

The 50% in orange is just the 23 largest cities in the USA. There's way more than 23 urban centers. This isn't 80% of the population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Nothing like a leftists definition of equality for a good laugh. At least your inconsistency is consistent. Had this been a trump supporter shouting down a female Hillary voter this way you'd be calling for their head. Nothing like a good case of physical intimidation or assault from a lib to prove how tolerant they are...
    Leftist? Hah! If only you knew how wrong you are.
    If i don't disagree with a persons actions, i must agree with them politically? The world isn't that black and white, and you might not want to make asumptions of others based on your own views... I can promise you that i am very consistent in my views since i don't pre-judge peoples actions based simply on their political believes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And again, your hearing was being permanently damaged whether he screamed in your ear or not is my point.
    Do you not realize there's a difference between listening to loud music with headphones and having your eardrums blown out by a mortar? ...Wtf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You do not have to be tall to be very strong and powerful. One of the strongest guys I have know was only 5'7", but he could do physical efforts the great majority of guys over 6 foot tall could never do. And on topic, he never assaulted the guy, so no, he did not cross the line.
    Of course you don't have to be tall to be strong, but i guess you completely disregarded the part where i said he's not very muscular..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This isn't 80% of the population.
    The 80% is the percent of the US population that is urban.

Reread the post or I'll try to rephrase. I can't really translate what I mean that well.
    The original claim isn't true.

All those city liberals that manage to produce half of the GDP and financing all the trailerpark states with no job at all are truly fascinating.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What is this? It looks like some sort of mating ritual.
    Highlighted when the one being "assaulted" touches/tries to caress LeBouf's face? Did anyone else not see this? Weird right?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Just out of curiosity would it be okay if he was being this aggressive with a woman? What would you do if someone did this to your mother, wife, daughter?
    Would it be okay with me? No. But it also wouldn't be okay with me if he yelled at my Parrot, Kiwi. Also, any new information on the price of tea in China? Would it be socially acceptable if he yelled at my mother, wife, or daughter? Well that's not really up to me so I'm not sure what you even want to know.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

The original claim isn't true.

Source?
    You want a source for a jab? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not realize there's a difference between listening to loud music with headphones and having your eardrums blown out by a mortar? ...Wtf?
    No I know the difference. There's varying levels of loudness and severity of the damage they can cause but making your point that you were at a concert with "loud music" was kind of counter to your other point about your friend shouting in your ear. Without ear protection in that type of environment you're fucked either way.

You're also trying to get me to admit it's assault and I'm telling you now that I disagree. As I've already said for the third or fourth time, take it to the police.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want a source for a jab? lol
    At least you're admitting it's a jab, not something with a statistical basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    Of course you don't have to be tall to be strong, but i guess you completely disregarded the part where i said he's not very muscular..
    Nor a trained fighter to my knowledge. Manlet vs manlet where one inch is the deciding factor in intimidation