Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    His supporters do one of three things, or a combination of the three.

1.) They scapegoat and then use that to justify his actions. Example: "Oh ya well Person A did X at Y time so obviously that excuses Trumps Z action now."

2.) They use deflection mental gymnastics techniques to explain away why he does what he does. Example: "Well Trump never really meant to do X, he was never being serious about it because I knew what was in his heart. Why does your Person A do random (y), clearly that's the real problem.

3.) They dismiss dialogue by retreating to their side of the playground. Example: "Quit whining, he won you lost."
    Last edited by belleflop; 2017-01-23 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Going by his campaign rethoric, Clinton is a treasonour criminal and a danger to national security. You'd think taking her to court and then to prison should get top billing on his agenda.

Unless of course he knows he doesn't have a case.
    Unless of course someone (probably not him but an advisor) recognizes that it's an unproductive and potentially harmful impracticality. I voted for Hillary but I'll say right now I think that technically she did break the law, more than once, and even provably so. The private server thing, as dumb as it is, is a pretty clear matter of law. The thing is the president doesn't just get to charge people with crimes. The US Attorney General's office does that. Even if they're his nominee, he still has to convince them to do it and do so without causing a lot of collateral damage.

Our justice system is very much a discretionary one. Obvious violations of law are ignored all the time for various reasons ranging from too small to worry about to too messy to deal with.

I absolutely think trump is full of crap but drawing the conclusion that not "taking Hillary to court" means he doesn't think he has a case is a hell of a reach.

Maybe just in general: If you promise to x and also to not x, your are going to break some promises.

He has shown again and again, that he has a fanbase, that just plain believes anything he says, no matter what he does instead. He is going to keep doing that, until he gets voted out of office. Maybe he will really have as much money, as he said he had, at that point.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course, going by his campaign rhetoric, his pick for National Security Advisor also qualifies as all of those things.
    Yes, but he never gave a promise not to make a treasonous criminal his National Security Advisor, so no promise broken.

But I can already tell where the Trumpsters are going: "He never broke a promise and even if he did, that's not why I voted for him. He'll still #MAGA"

I find Trump to be a terrible person. That is not why I did not vote for him.

I would never vote for such an authoritarian. The guy has called for restricting free markets, limiting capitalism, limiting abortion rights, doubling down on the failed war on drugs, and multiple ways of restricting personal freedoms. I hope he doesn't fulfill his campaign promises, because his campaign promises were very regressive.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    No, actually it seems the reason you voted for him is because you were dumb enough to be duped into believing the lie that you can improve health insurance without an individual mandate.
    Surely you can come up with a better response than that. Still stuck on the mandate thing I see. lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The denial is strong in this one. You do realize he replaced the swamp with another? Ofc you don't.
    In the eye of the beholder. Like art or music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Yes, but he never gave a promise not to make a treasonous criminal his National Security Advisor, so no promise broken.

But I can already tell where the Trumpsters are going: "He never broke a promise and even if he did, that's not why I voted for him. He'll still #MAGA"
    You basically covered it right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is being consistent. Simple as that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Topic
    Why is Trump breaking election vows?
    Simple really tradition

Now here's a better question : Why are you all actiing like hes the 1st to do this? Every candidate who has ever ran has lied to get in. Hillary was doing it too

All i see is talk about what trump is going/thinking/doing.

I want to talk about Hillary for a second. You know? the woman that if she got in we would be in a civil war right now because she would try to take ours gun? which is the sole reason why we are not being attacked by russia or china? yeah, don't see anybody talking about that. Okay lets talk about Hillary selling guns to Isis? no? Okay what about how she had that one woman she hated with a burning passion killed then bragging about it? How about emails? No either? oh okay then....
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I'm sure all the billionaires and wall street cronies will look out for the middle class.

I want to talk about Hillary for a second. You know? the woman that if she got in we would be in a civil war right now because she would try to take ours gun? which is the sole reason why we are not being attacked by russia or china? yeah, don't see anybody talking about that. Okay lets talk about Hillary selling guns to Isis? no? Okay what about how she had that one woman she hated with a burning passion killed then bragging about it? How about emails? No either? oh okay then....
    Your tinfoil hat is on too tight. Better loosen it a bit to get the blood flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Topic

Simple really tradition

Now here's a better question : Why are you all actiing like hes the 1st to do this? Every candidate who has ever ran has lied to get in. Hillary was doing it too

All i see is talk about what trump is going/thinking/doing.

Is that like when Obama took our guns?

Who did Hillary kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    He nominated an Exxon executive as Secretary of State. Replaced a nuclear physicist with Rick Perry in DOE. Appointed Linda McMahon in small businesses administration, with only credential being top Trump Foundation donor, second to Trump him self.

In a way this is in the eye of the beholder, because being blind is a perspective as well.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    His supporters do one of three things, or a combination of the three.

1.) They scapegoat and then use that to justify his actions. Example: "Oh ya well Person A did X at Y time so obviously that excuses Trumps Z action now."

2.) They use deflection mental gymnastics techniques to explain away why he does what he does. Example: "Well Trump never really meant to do X, he was never being serious about it because I knew what was in his heart. Why does your Person A do random (y), clearly that's the real problem.

3.) They dismiss dialogue by retreating to their side of the playground. Example: "Quit whining, he won you lost."
    Fingerpointing, namecalling, segregating. But not any argument. Never a single argument. Them. They are the bad guys. We are good, we are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    First you will not get a straight answer here, this forum is a lefty stronghold. Certainly, not many of the working class Americans who voted for him are hanging out in here. But as far as promises go, he is keeping the important ones. Nobody really cares about about his tax return or if he goes after Clinton. Jobs, Obamacare, Trade, and immigration are the areas he will certainly follow through. The rest is just politics.
    LOL.

He has no plan for jobs, except taking credit for previously announced jobs. He's also obsessed with car manufacturing jobs which is 0.6% of the labor force (in the sense he's obsessed with taking credit for previously announced jobs in car manufacturing). The other 99.4% of the labor force gets no attention from him. He knows nothing about macroeconomic policy, and has no advisers that do. Only cranks like Kudlow who confidently asserted there was no credit crunch days before the crisis.

As for immigration, he has abandoned his promise to stop all Muslims from entering. Now he just wants to deport illegal immigrants who have committed violent crimes, i.e. exactly what Obama was already doing at a record rate. I predict he will not deport the Dreamers. If he tries, there will be hell, and possibly blood on the streets.

On ACA, he will try to repeal it. But after 6 years, the GOP still have no replacement plan. There will be no replacement that meets his promise of "insurance for everyone" because it is literally impossible under GOP policy. It takes 60 votes to replace ACA. The parts of ACA that can be killed with 51 votes can simply be revived in 4 or 8 years with 51 Dem votes.

On trade, I expect he will try to do what he has said.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-01-23 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    So, first of all, I don't live in the US and I am not a Trump supporter. But the news over here (Europe) seems to show a picture of someone that keeps going back on his own words. Now I am interested if this is also reported in the US itself or if it is no big deal over there.

The latest example was only yesterday when it was in our national news that Trump will not give us his tax returns while he did promise he would after some "audit" he said prevented him during the election. Now the news reports he says only the media wants this, at the same time it was said that 75% of democrats and 52% of republicans still wanted his tax returns.

Another example was how during the election he kept saying that one of the first things he would do is put Clinton in jail (or at least open a investigation) yet it was reported here that he asked for a standing applause for Bill and Hillary during his inauguration.

Now I searched online and found more examples here:
    http://reverbpress.com/politics/15-b...les-migraines/

Do people, and in particular, republicans, not care about these broken promises or is it being dismissed as "not important"?
    God people act like all his promises were supposed to magically all happen over night. Shit takes time.

I took the standing applause to Hillary as one last 'in your face' from Trump. As for putting her behind bars, that is not an over night thing. Stuff has to go on behind closed doors, like investigations and such, to build a good enough case to put her behind bars. Last I heard, the DOJ is investigating the FBI Directors handling of the Clinton case. To me it sounds like they are building the case slowly as to not have any screw ups.

As for his Taxes...who cares. If he releases them he releases them, if not whatever. People only want his taxes released, so they can talk shit about him. They have nothing to do with any of his Policies, which is what people SHOULD be concerned about.

Also you should take those polls with a grain of salt. They cherry pick who and where they are polling, to get #'s they want.

Surely you can come up with a better response than that. Still stuck on the mandate thing I see. lol!
    No, it's you that's stuck on the claim that it can be done better without a mandate.

Keep searching... you'll never find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    The fact that anyone thinks this is true makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I took the standing applause to Hillary as one last 'in your face' from Trump. As for putting her behind bars, that is not an over night thing. Stuff has to go on behind closed doors, like investigations and such, to build a good enough case to put her behind bars. Last I heard, the DOJ is investigating the FBI Directors handling of the Clinton case. To me it sounds like they are building the case slowly as to not have any screw ups.
    Stop. Just stop. He already said he's not going to do it. Or was that just another lie of his?

Do you actually have to ask why? It's pretty obvious isn't it?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Stop. Just stop. He already said he's not going to do it. Or was that just another lie of his?
    Maybe he just wants to throw her off his sent, so that she wont send her hit squad after him to keep herself out of jail?