Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Now here's a better question : Why are you all actiing like hes the 1st to do this? Every candidate who has ever ran has lied to get in. Hillary was doing it too
    Why are you acting like this is about him being first and ignoring it because Hillary would do it too? Last I checked, Hillary will do it, was the reason to not vote for her. I'm not sure anyone is saying he is the first, but I'm conforming he isn't. Now what? You will ignore it for no other reason than others do it too?

All i see is talk about what trump is going/thinking/doing.
    Yeah, all you see is what he is doing...

I want to talk about Hillary for a second. You know? the woman that if she got in we would be in a civil war right now because she would try to take ours gun? which is the sole reason why we are not being attacked by russia or china? yeah, don't see anybody talking about that. Okay lets talk about Hillary selling guns to Isis? no? Okay what about how she had that one woman she hated with a burning passion killed then bragging about it? How about emails? No either? oh okay then....
    Hillery had someone killed? How will she take your guns to start a civil war, when Obama already did that? You do know this is about Trump lying, not the fact that you still need to lie about Hillary, to defend Trump, after the inauguration? Is this going to be your go to for at least 4 years? When someone shows Trump lying, you will always just respond with a list of things you made up about Hillary?

You do know Trump is president? Having troubles dealing with it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Becuase he lies.
    Was that not obvious befor the election?

A 'politician' breaking vows after coming into power? surely not!

I'm trying to catch up one what kind of thing's Trump has promised, can anyone give me 5 thing's that you like he has promised, and lets say 10 things you dislike. Please don't give me just one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Maybe he just wants to throw her off his sent, so that she wont send her hit squad after him to keep herself out of jail?
    Or maybe you're just making shit up? I'm going with occam's razor on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still think election vows are legit?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The question that should be asked is, why did people even choose that guy knowing what a self-centered, arrogant jerk he was?
    Because the alternative is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Or maybe you're just making shit up? I'm going with occam's razor on this one.
    I could be, but maybe I'm not? Whether he is actually going after her or not, no one will know until down the road.

Maybe he needs his people in place before he goes after her? Maybe he really doesn't intend to go after here? No one know's that answer to that but him.

And as with any other Politician, what they say is not always what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Do you actually have to ask why? It's pretty obvious isn't it?
    Here is Trump saying why. His support is so loyal, he can shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any votes.

https://youtu.be/rMmiLWDpCno

What's a couple of lies? Just keep repeating Hillary, it worked so well into November, why wouldn't it for another 4 years? Even if she dies from her parkensons brain tumor pneumonia any second now, she can still be a scapegoat.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Nope, doesn't scan. Millions of people are "not Hillary Clinton". You choose Trump. Own up to your actions.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The fact that anyone thinks this is true makes me shake my head.
    I didn't care much for Hillary, but that made me giggle....at first. But now I'm sad, because folks might actually think like that.

On Topic. As been said a few times already. How many Politicians hold to their campaign promises? Trump is just one of the more extreme examples. It was clear pretty early that he said things to win and once he won that part, he forgot about it and went on. I'm sure many Hillary haters got a burn in their stomach when Trump went from Lock her up, to giving her a stand ovation at the Inaugural luncheon.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-23 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, WikiLeaks exists for a reason.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I could be, but maybe I'm not? Whether he is actually going after her or not, no one will know until down the road.

Maybe he needs his people in place before he goes after her? Maybe he really doesn't intend to go after here? No one know's that answer to that but him.

God people act like all his promises were supposed to magically all happen over night. Shit takes time.

I took the standing applause to Hillary as one last 'in your face' from Trump. As for putting her behind bars, that is not an over night thing. Stuff has to go on behind closed doors, like investigations and such, to build a good enough case to put her behind bars. Last I heard, the DOJ is investigating the FBI Directors handling of the Clinton case. To me it sounds like they are building the case slowly as to not have any screw ups.

As for his Taxes...who cares. If he releases them he releases them, if not whatever. People only want his taxes released, so they can talk shit about him. They have nothing to do with any of his Policies, which is what people SHOULD be concerned about.

Also you should take those polls with a grain of salt. They cherry pick who and where they are polling, to get #'s they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He did say that. But you see, it is not one of the reasons he was elected and if he sticks to what he ran on, which effects each American, that is what matters, not some political campaign rhetoric.
    Dear idiots,

The President has no power to investigate or charge anyone.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-01-23 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I think this played a huge part. I think that and the fact that so many people are tired of the 'Liberal entitlement attitude' that exists today.

Everyone knows that the real choice for who would become president would be between them and they basically had to choose the lesser of two evils in their eyes. Does that suck that our country had to do that? Damn right it does.

It is unfortunate that they were the 'best' that this country had to offer for each side. Maybe this will lead to much better candidates in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Here is Trump saying why. His support is so loyal, he can shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any votes.

https://youtu.be/rMmiLWDpCno

What's a couple of lies? Just keep repeating Hillary, it worked so well into November, why wouldn't it for another 4 years? Even if she dies from her parkensons brain tumor pneumonia any second now, she can still be a scapegoat.
    Doesn't even have to be Hillary. Trump is a straight up liar, and I'm getting sick of the fact none of the main stream press is calling him out on that. Look at Kellyanne Conway and her 'Alternative facts' bull. Facts and the truth don't matter to him, he lives in his own world. He's delusional.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Trump was not a politician. That was kind of the point for a lot of people who voted for him (he's one of "us" and can be trusted on his word). How easily people can be led...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because he hasn't really faced any consequences for lying, so why change tactics? He's such a flawed personality no one really knows how to tackle him. Things that'd get any other politician laughed at and removed is the kind of thing Trump tweets before 7 am.

When a portion of his voters are arguing

I want to talk about Hillary for a second. You know? the woman that if she got in we would be in a civil war right now because she would try to take ours gun? which is the sole reason why we are not being attacked by russia or china? yeah, don't see anybody talking about that. Okay lets talk about Hillary selling guns to Isis? no? Okay what about how she had that one woman she hated with a burning passion killed then bragging about it? How about emails? No either? oh okay then....
    It's not like you need to keep any form of proper standard and still stay afloat. His voters aren't interested in facts, they are interested in validation.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-01-23 at 04:20 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he just wants to throw her off his sent, so that she wont send her hit squad after him to keep herself out of jail?
    One thing no one can deny that Trump absolutely ruined, is sarcasm in text. How am I to know the above is not sarcasm? What about the guy going off on Hillary having some lady murdered? You can no longer assume people are just being sarcastic...

By the way, I heart a thread about Hilla... I mean Trump lying after the inauguration. I don't think people are realizing what they are actually doing when blaming Hillary. It's like they either don't understand what Trump winning means, or are having issues understanding he won. He won, get over it...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Do people, and in particular, republicans, not care about these broken promises or is it being dismissed as "not important"?
    This is what we call a "Straw Man" argument.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.

Anyways, not all republicans supported Trump.
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...arora-full.jpg

"Intelligence and Wisdom are not mutually exclusive. The presence of one does not imply the presence of the other."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Y'know, WikiLeaks exists for a reason.
    You might need to explain your reason for saying Wikileaks. Because it sure as hell seems like to distract from Trump's lying, which is kinda the big accusation of Wikileaks during elections.