Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Retread. This canard got beaten down before.
    How do you 'beat down' a simple statement of fact? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    And I think people are embellishing the "assault" that supposedly took place. Two idiots yelling at each other trying to one up the other is just what it is.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What? You really think this is close to comparable? In one circumstance you're talking about a woman minding her own business walking down the street or whatever. In another you're talking about a counter protester. We're not even talking about the content of either's words. The entire thread is about whether he assaulted the guy. At least you agree there was no assault.
    Indeed I am. Words are being thrown around. In this case, due to the proximity, I bet they literally hurt. Unlike the words that hurt the feefees of the women that attract the attention of the less desirables.

If the latter is bad and unacceptable, so should the first example.

And indeed, I don't think it's assault. Chest-bumps, these minor events of shoving and whatnots are to be expected from any place where there is an high concentration of people. Especially a protest.

I just like to point out the hypocrisy of our resident fellows

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Time it. Prove it. It's your accusation. I'm predicting you're going to time the part where he gets in his ear and be forewarned that the other guy does the same.
    If you don't see the chest-bumping and believe that they do not touch during the clip, I won't be the one removing the partisan-blinders~ I am not your parent to guide you through life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's a fact that Shia physically bumped into him, though. Claiming all he did was chant a slogan is embellishing it, but whatever.
    A chest bump isn't assault but I'm not 100% sure on that. Either way the guy bumped into Shia himself. Again, two idiots trying to one up or "intimidate" the other with yelling and some chest bumping isn't "assault" in my book but the courts can decide that if it comes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Totes rekt.

Celista, why are you still beating your wife?
    Didn't answer the question. Also it's a bf and I don't beat him unless he really deserves it.

Hypocrisy would only exist if they were equivalent situations and they're from that and I'm not sure why you can't see the difference. One person is putting himself in that situation, the other isn't.
    Fair enough, a closer example then.
    So you are in favour of these specific physical actions, aka nothing as serious as punches etc, towards people protesting against those political gatherings\speeches on Universities? They also don't really have to go to those events.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Indeed I am. Words are being thrown around. In this case, due to the proximity, I bet they literally hurt. Unlike the words that hurt the feefees of the women that attract the attention of the less desirables.

If the latter is bad and unacceptable, so should the first example.

And indeed, I don't think it's assault. Chest-bumps, these minor events of shoving and whatnots are to be expected from any place where there is an high concentration of people. Especially a protest.

I just like to point out the hypocrisy of our resident fellows

If you don't see the chest-bumping and believe that they do not touch during the clip, I won't be the one removing the partisan-blinders~ I am not your parent to guide you through life
    They do touch. I haven't said that they don't. Is it shoving? Depends on ones definition. I'd definitely say that Shia got into the other guy's safe space and the other guy tried to nudge back. Either way, if that's shoving, I got shoved by millions of people living in Hong Kong and people in the city as well as when I go to clubs. Life sucks. I want to cry. Either way, be back in 8+ hours. Also, as you're whining, Boo Hoo Hypocrisy, feel free to look up when I said that punching the neo-Nazi was excessive.

Uh, actually you do. You can't defend yourself if there is no threat of violence. The threat itself is what constitutes assault. So, you can only defend yourself if you are assaulted. Maybe you're thinking of battery. You're also required, in some states, to attempt to flee.
    You just contradicted yourself. Threat of assault is enough of a defense. You don't have to wait to be assaulted before defending yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    This is by far the scariest thing on this forum. Shows where the left is going.
    Firstly I aren't part of your countries fucked up left/right system
    Secondly I live in the real world, public space isn't a safe space to do WTF you want without consequence. Police have more important things to do than baby cunts behaving like cunts.

7+ Year Old Account
    chases him? seriously?
    Yeah chases him, i know the video was so long maybe watch it the whole way and see it, maybe ask shia to vine it all next time for ya

People "defending" themselves don't continually put themselves in the situation they are threatened if there is an out. If he was worried about being injured or hurt, he wouldn't be tapping his chin and smiling after minutes into the "assault" when he simply has the option of leaving. I don't like Shia handled it well, no, but anyone who is "assaulted" should be looking to end the encounter, not have it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    They do touch. I haven't said that they don't. Is it shoving? Depends on ones definition. I'd definitely say that Shia got into the other guy's safe space and the other guy tried to nudge back. Either way, if that's shoving, I got shoved by millions of people living in Hong Kong and people in the city as well as when I go to clubs. Life sucks. I want to cry. Either way, be back in 8+ hours. Also, as you're whining, Boo Hoo Hypocrisy, feel free to look up when I said that punching the neo-Nazi was excessive.
    Yes, you did. You didn't get physically assaulted, but that's what being shoved means.
    And if you admit you are not hypocrite in this situation, why do you feel the need to defend those who share a different opinion than you and act offended in their regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If it were considered assault, you could use force to defend yourself.

The very fact that you know you can't is an admission that you know it's not assault.
    Do you think Shia's screaming caused physical pain to the counter-protester's ear? If your answer is "no" let me scream in your ear like that.

P.S. I'm not a Trump fan and I think the protester got what he deserved. It's still assault.

Deleted
    Just being within 100 yards of Shia is reason enough to file an assault charge that guy is a dick. I think it's about time these political posts were banned from here tbh all they do is provoke people in to heated arguments resulting in many bans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Do you think Shia's screaming caused physical pain to the counter-protester's ear? If your answer is "no" let me scream in your ear like that.
    I used to fire cannons for a living. A little shouting won't faze me.

If you can't handle the volume in a place where people are shouting slogans in a protest, maybe you shouldn't go into that protest area.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I used to fire cannons for a living. A little shouting won't faze me.

If you can't handle the volume in a place where people are shouting slogans in a protest, maybe you shouldn't go into that protest area.
    Wth, weird lol. Did you wear earplugs?

Deleted

P.S. I'm not a Trump fan and I think the protester got what he deserved. It's still assault.
    His noise would've been countered out by the surrounding noise

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. But I'm okay with anyone acting this manner on either side of the political spectrum when it comes to protesting. Protesting is all about who can yell the loudest. If you're out in public with some friends just hanging out and someone approached you acting like this, that's different and unwarranted.
    Fair enough. Won't contest that.

I'll firmly believe it when I see you defending someone on the opposite side of the partisan wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wth, weird lol. Did you wear earplugs?
    Usually, but we're talking about a bang that was loud enough to set off car alarms just from the shockwave. I just don't have any real patience for the "shouting may have hurt his widdle ears" stuff when this guy chose to go into the protest where people were shouting. You don't get to go front-row at a concert and then complain that the speakers are too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Didn't answer the question. Also it's a bf and I don't beat him unless he really deserves it.
    Okay, I'll appease you and say what you are really aiming to hear with your loaded question: I'm a Neo-Nazi.

I'm also a White Supremacist, Black Supremacist, Communist, Social Justice Warrior and Right-Wing Nut. I'm a Feminist and a Muslim.