7+ Year Old Account

Question What Trinket as Holy!

Good Morning everyone

simple question

Got in my Chest Today this Trinket:

M+12 Titanforged Naglfare Fare

And i have equiped:

875 - Urn from nightbane and an itemlevel 850 Amalgam Spine

So my question as an Confused Holy now....

What Trinkets would you guys put on now ?

Thanks for the answers & sry for some confusing English...tried to post links but i cant
    Last edited by Vebi; 2017-01-18 at 12:41 PM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Amalgam is hands down one of the best, if not the best, trinket for Holy right now. You'll most likely want to use it for one slot.

For your second choice, it depends whether you want throughput or another regen. Personally I prefer a second regen trinket as Holy is not terribly mana-efficient with constant FH spam being our main playstyle. Having said that, I use "Fluctuating Energy" from Karazhan as my second trinket.

Other good options right now:

- Ephemeral Paradox (Regen, Nighthold)
    - Etraeus' Celestial Map (Throughput, Nighthold)
    - Brinewater Slime in a Bottle (Throughput, Helya)
    - Ethereal Urn (Throughput, Nightbane)
    - Darkmoon Deck: Promises (Regen, Darkmoon Faire)
    - Unstable Arcanocrystal (Throughput, World Boss)

Naglfare Fare is not a terribly good trinket, even with Mythic +12. The effect just isn't worth it really. The shield will more than likely be gone in under 2 seconds in most situations.

Hope this helps
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Amalgam is hands down one of the best, if not the best, trinket for Holy right now. You'll most likely want to use it for one slot.

For your second choice, it depends whether you want throughput or another regen. Personally I prefer a second regen trinket as Holy is not terribly mana-efficient with constant FH spam being our main playstyle. Having said that, I use "Fluctuating Energy" from Karazhan as my second trinket.

Other good options right now:

- Ephemeral Paradox (Regen, Nighthold)
    - Etraeus' Celestial Map (Throughput, Nighthold)
    - Brinewater Slime in a Bottle (Throughput, Helya)
    - Ethereal Urn (Throughput, Nightbane)
    - Darkmoon Deck: Promises (Regen, Darkmoon Faire)
    - Unstable Arcanocrystal (Throughput, World Boss)

Naglfare Fare is not a terribly good trinket, even with Mythic +12. The effect just isn't worth it really. The shield will more than likely be gone in under 2 seconds in most situations.

Hope this helps
    I still find it kind of broken that spammy healers are still a thing even after the mana nerfs to our entire role. Whether it's our holy priest FH spam or resto shaman CH spam.

Apparently all it did was make regen trinkets BiS and practically mandatory. Which is a bit disappointing because I find throughput trinkets more fun provided they actually do interesting things (I wish Aluriel’s Mirror's was better than it is for exactly this reason)

Deleted
    Stay away from Ephemeral Paradox, it is literally useless. You'll want Spine in one slot and one of the throughput trinkets mentioned above in the other slot. With a smart playstyle and use of Leytorrent potion you should be able to manage your mana properly without having two regen trinkets.

The answer very much depends on what content you're doing and your groups performance in said content. But given the 3 trinkets you've got:

If you're talking m+, your best bet would be Urn + Naglfare.

If you're talking raids (regardless of the difficulty tier), you need to figure out how your mana holds up against that content with the group you've got. I disagree with above posters that Spine is BiS...it's not. If you've got average- to quick-kill times, then Urn + Naglfare are what you should use. If kills are slow/you don't manage your mana well, then you can use Spine. But it's preferable and possible to use 2 throughput trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helcion View Post
    The answer very much depends on what content you're doing and your groups performance in said content. But given the 3 trinkets you've got:

If you're talking m+, your best bet would be Urn + Naglfare.

If you're talking raids (regardless of the difficulty tier), you need to figure out how your mana holds up against that content with the group you've got. I disagree with above posters that Spine is BiS...it's not. If you've got average- to quick-kill times, then Urn + Naglfare are what you should use. If kills are slow/you don't manage your mana well, then you can use Spine. But it's preferable and possible to use 2 throughput trinkets.
    If I had infinite mana I could dish out around 800k HPS easy on an intense fight. There's no way you can come close to that with mana management, more mana means more healing. But yes, ofc there are fights where you can manage with two throughput trinkets.

i'm using Aluriel's mirror + Vial of nighmare fog. 875+865

i got a 865 chrono shard but don't have the set. also got a 890 amalgam's seventh spine but that trinket needs buffing i feel the equip is pretty damn lame. if it stacked it might be better but i just don't see it helping as much as the two i'm using.

there are other trinks in nighthold that are better i think i just haven't seen them drop yet.

ill probably end up dropping the vial for the celestial map. the cake trinket seems cool i miss lightwell.

if you can get the chest from nightbane i think the fluctuating energy could be quite nice on the mana intensive fights, just a pain running karazhan and hoping things roll over 860.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-23 at 06:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    also got a 890 amalgam's seventh spine but that trinket needs buffing i feel the equip is pretty damn lame. if it stacked it might be better but i just don't see it helping as much as the two i'm using.
    What. Needs buffing?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Spine-for-Holy

Check the logs posted by me and others. Amalgam is insanely good.

You've even got 890. My logs are with an 840 version cause I'm unlucky and haven't gotten a higher one yet.
    Last edited by Venara; 2017-01-23 at 06:14 PM.

you gotta let it drop off though so you have to not cast flash heal for 6 seconds its like when is that ever a possibility in a raid or a 5 man. i think i get more actual procs from the 2 i'm using that is unwasted procs.

i mean i could give it a try next week in nighthold and see if it help with the mana, i feel the damage is so consistent these days that you don't really get to choose when not to cast flash heal.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-23 at 06:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not making any sense. You do realise that the logs posted clearly show the value and that the 6 seconds do expire frequently?

Are you possibly misunderstanding how it works? It's not that you can't cast FH again at all for 6 seconds. You just can't cast it on the same target, else it will refresh the 6 second buff. However, that's completely irrelevant because, in most raid situations, you are flashing lots of different people anyway. The buff will drop off those you aren't actively flashing every few seconds.

Like I said, the logs clearly show that people are still chain-casting and getting massive value.

oh right well it doesn't actually say that on the trinket, i thought it just refreshed every flash heal, i wasn't aware that it was tied to the target. well in that case it probably is really good. but yes i am a spot healer so ill have to work that into my flow.

yes because if it didn't work as it does it wouldn't be very convienent to wait 6 seconds for a 1/4 of a flash heals worth of mana back.

the fluctuating energy might be better if you have the nightbane robe for mana regen i mean that proc 30% better your looking at probably 25k mana per proc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-23 at 06:22 PM.

you gotta let it drop off though so you have to not cast flash heal for 6 seconds its like when is that ever a possibility in a raid or a 5 man. i think i get more actual procs from the 2 i'm using that is unwasted procs.

i mean i could give it a try next week in nighthold and see if it help with the mana, i feel the damage is so consistent these days that you don't really get to choose when not to cast flash heal.
    The 6 second "buff" that is applied that gives you mana is applied to the target, not yourself. So when you Flash heal someone they get the 6 second buff that will give you mana if you don't cast flash heal on them otherwise you only refresh it on them. If you cast 5 flash heals on 5 different targets within those 6 seconds you will have 5 buffs on 5 different people giving you x5 mana after 6 seconds.

It works insanely nice for Disc as well for PW:S/Shadowmend, I just can't get one above 840 -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    You really don't though. I don't even pay ANY attention to it. Here's a log from my Gul'dan Normal kill this week:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=4&spell=100

(Fragile Echo is the trinket)

And that's without paying any attention to not flashing the same people twice within 6 sec, etc.

damn i feel pretty dense i had that in my bag for our freaking first few heroic kills this week and i was pretty damn low on mana in normal for a few fights. well i'm glad i stopped by now thanks guys i would have probably never figured that out.

so ill drop the nightmare fog and use the amalgams + aluriels until i get a better trinket, aluriels isn't super great but the explosion proc i have noticed does hit for about half a mil. haste isn't that great for us i know that i'm sitting at 25% crit 16% haste and 31% mastery. nighthold seems to like giving out versatility gear for some reason i managed to get rid of most of it now i'm back to 7%
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-23 at 06:29 PM.

damn i feel pretty dense i had that in my bag for our freaking first few heroic kills this week and i was pretty damn low on mana in normal for a few fights. well i'm glad i stopped by now thanks guys i would have probably never figured that out.

so ill drop the nightmare fog and use the amalgams + aluriels until i get a better trinket, aluriels isn't super great but the explosion proc i have noticed does hit for about half a mil. haste isn't that great for us i know that i'm sitting at 25% crit 16% haste and 31% mastery. nighthold seems to like giving out versatility gear for some reason i managed to get rid of most of it now i'm back to 7%
    FWIW, Aluriels is getting a 140% buff to the HoT after next reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helcion View Post
    FWIW, Aluriels is getting a 140% buff to the HoT after next reset.
    Do you know if the HoT proccs of Renew or ProM, or is it FH only?

for Aluriels it just says any heals, I'm not sure how random the detonation is, i think i have tried forcing it and it seems kinda random to me, it might not detonate on overhealing.