Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    They take it away because the areas are meant to be played. Not just tiny patches of area where you mount up or land. They restrict flying long enough so the new content can be seen and experienced and then they unlock it.
    It was already 6 months the expansion was released.. Everyone already saw the land on many toons already... They could release fly now but lock flying on the new island coming in patch 7.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Flying killed the world pvp and stuff at the ground.
    Isn't world PvP dead right now in Legion with no flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Never understood why people whine and cry so much about things they can do something about.
    Don't like getting dazed / dismounted... craft / buy a barding.

Don't like flying, don't fly.

Don't like waiting to fly, quit and come back when flying is introduced.

The entitlement issues some people have today is mind-numbing.
    And how come back when its release if it took u 3 months to do part 2? More if u didnt done pt 1 yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you fucking kidding me? Another stupid retarded reputation to grind, just to have what we wanted since September?
    Next expansion I'm not even gonna play until they implement it, if I'll even play anymore.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's the best we're going to get sadly. Blizzard seem to hate flying these days.
    They never really liked it in the first place. GC mentioned on one of those in between panel interviews with Direct TV at a Blizzcon years ago, that if they could, they would have kept flying in OL, and bring it back for limited use in the future, but that they had already opened Pandora's box and it's hard to close. Blizzard has mentioned multiple times since flying came out that it takes away from how they want us to play the game. That is one of the reason the ground us each expansion. They see that all people do is mount up, fly to the objective do what is required, mount up and fly away instead of traveling to it and fighting through the mobs on the way there and such.

They have know for a long time they couldn't just take it away so they grounded us in the new max level areas. They knew people would complain about farming the mounts and not being able to fly with them. Even with subs falling and the lowest amount of people playing since Vanilla times, they couldn't even just take it away becasue there was enough noise made about it. So they said, hey, you play the game the way we want you to, then after a while you can earn flying back. I think it's a fair compromise. It's their game and obviously not enough people complaining about it stopped playing to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    How do you still not understand why they haven't given you flying yet? They aren't doing it to be spiteful because you like to fly, they are doing it because it adds longevity to the game and because they want you to see the effort that they have put into the environments.

Again, your argument is all about you. So you have experienced the game how they want, what about everyone else? Can you say the same for them?
    I must be gifted, I can see all that work in the first week. I don't need a series of chain dazed\dismounts to say "WoW, this area is really awesome cause I get dazed every 10 feet." I can see how awesome it is from the air, in fact, I can enjoy it more

We're coming up on 5 months in, the population has boomed and shrunk back down. Who hasn't experienced all the zones by now? Who isn't at least revered with all the factions? How many people are still clearing the WQ map every day versus the number that do the easiest 4 and log?

And you ignored the cop out whistle. How many people do you see at the end of every quest Whistle? So they are given us a fake experience of the hard life on the ground and that is what annoys me most. They say they want us to experience it, but I think they know that without the whistle folks would have tired of the ground game much sooner since all the mobs scale. And why does Tank spec get a completely free pass on daze and dismounts? Even when I'm fighting on the ground, I never get dazed with 20 mobs hitting me in the back, but as DPS all it takes is 1 mob to daze and I can get chained dazed with no DR.

If they want to really make the content last longer, remove the flight whistle, remove all the portals (back to Boats and Zepps and go back to sending us to pick up the quest and to drop it back off. Not this show up and complete it in the same spot. But no one is going to ask for that back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardac View Post
    I can't recall them ever saying part 2 would be quicker. The requirements you listed actually seem very minor to me.

When Legion gets flying is the moment every "hard to reach" treasure / etc becomes a joke to get. The harpoon grapple gun will become pointless. Little side areas of zone are skipped over all together.

Flying hurts wow more then it helps imo.
    As opposed to most of all zones. I dont even bother with WQs that aren't easy to navigate to. Blizz is so fucking terrible at zone design they can't design a world that is easily navigable without flying, so they just don't bother and then punish players. I'd probably see more of the game if it still had flying at level cap. Which it just should, taking it away is just fucking retarded. You can't put Pandora back in the box.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I believe the last poll had MMO-C has 60-40 against flying. Don't expect much sympathy here

Oddly, I haven't met anyone that thinks the constant daze\dismounting is awesome. I guess I can count you has a fan.
    And what cracked bias poll were you reading? Because last I checked in the flying megathread, the majority of players did infact not enjoy no-flying. But since the advent of the flightmasters whistle, it's become slightly easier.

But see that's the thing. In order to make playing on the ground bearable at level cap they had to add a freaking 5 minute teleport for everyone. It's as dumb if not more dumb than letting us fly to begin with. And far, far, far more immersion breaking.

And yes, I will play that card. It's all you guys did to get flying put in such a bad way, where in other games it's left untouched. Gee I wonder why that is. All this anti-flying sentiment is completely fixated within WoW alone as a game and the only reason is because Blizzard made a giant deal over removing it and the majority of the community pushed back.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-01-23 at 06:52 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

As long as this reputation isn't part of the "end-game" and\or gated far enough to the point of us exhausting the available content by the time it takes to reach exalted, I'm alright with it.

If it does happen to be the case, might as well remove flying. What good is a convenience item that comes along by the time everything is already done?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    Maybe to get those lazy bastards of those mounts and explore the world? And if you set aside the lazyness you might even enjoy it and you have a that awesome flute
    And yet people allowed to fly are the "casuals" that dont unsub when you allready have and explore more then you ever did.
    why dont u just delete your fly mounts if you dont like them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Flying killed the world pvp and stuff at the ground.
    oh look someone repeating bullshit. just another monday on mmoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    I dont know why people whine so much about this... just do the emissarys.
    7.2 is months away, add on that another month for WQs. Flying should've been enabled in 7.1 at the VERY LATEST.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Two hearthstones!
    Flight Master's Whistle
    Emerald Winds
    Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite

Honestly movement in this expansion has been no problem. You either learn how to get places or you spend your time trying to climb rock faces you can't climb. There are innumerable opportunities to get places quickly. I can jump from one instance entrance to another in less than 2 minutes, DHT is the only exception. I can't even remember the last time I was dazed (probably due to Prydaz).

Is flying necessary? Nah. Will I use it once it comes in? Sure, but it's convenience only, not a quality of life issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And what cracked bias poll were you reading? Because last I checked in the flying megathread, the majority of players did infact not enjoy no-flying. But since the advent of the flightmasters whistle, it's become slightly easier.
    One of those polls on the front page back during WoD. If more people are Pro flying here, good. But unless there is a new poll out, Id be surprised if it's more than 50-50.

And I agree, the whistle is a cop out. I can respect them going all in more than just far enough to keep the base from rioting.

Quote Originally Posted by oddmyth View Post
    Two hearthstones!
    Flight Master's Whistle
    Emerald Winds
    Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite

Honestly movement in this expansion has been no problem. You either learn how to get places or you spend your time trying to climb rock faces you can't climb. There are innumerable opportunities to get places quickly. I can jump from one instance entrance to another in less than 2 minutes, DHT is the only exception. I can't even remember the last time I was dazed (probably due to Prydaz).

Is flying necessary? Nah. Will I use it once it comes in? Sure, but it's convenience only, not a quality of life issue.
    Which begs the question: Why is Flying being taken away, if everything is so accessible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    One of those polls on the front page back during WoD. If more people are Pro flying here, good. But unless there is a new poll out, Id be surprised if it's more than 50-50.

And I agree, the whistle is a cop out. I can respect them going all in more than just far enough to keep the base from rioting.
    I don't respect them for making flying a 2 part chain just like WoD just after everyone seemed annoyed with how long Tanaan's flying took (let's be honest, the only reason it was okay is because it was a BoA achievement and 6.2 lasted 13 months.) as well as throwing in a cop out whistle teleport like they didn't bitch about this exact thing during WoD content and MoP leveling content. Blizzard embracing teleports rather than flying is more unhealthy and more immersion breaking than actually flying. Atleast I saw people in the world when I flew, not sitting at the nearest WQ and then teleporting away.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...inder-part-two

so the part two is here..

i remember blizzard saying that part 2 would be way more faster than part one, but yet, you need:

-Do the history line of legionfall;
    -Reach exalted with Armies of Legionfall;

if the reputation follow like was the other, when u can only get rep with WQ/Emissarys (and the questline), this will take roughly 1 month to complete, like part one.

this is just stupid tbh :/

already tired of getting on ground, and hte worse, everytime i get dazed, i get unmounted. if at least they take the unmount part of it, it would be less stressing :/
    They did not say "way more faster". They said "faster". And it seems it will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They never really liked it in the first place.
    That's such nonsense. At best it's using the benefit of perfect hindsight. And given that hindsight they could just as easily have improved flying instead of simply removing it. This also flies in the face of the decision to completely overhaul the entire old world of Azeroth for flying. Because that's absolutely something you do if you don't like flight, amirite?!

The entire abortion of restricting flight is just cutting against the grain. Flying is here. It's in the minds of players. It's been part of the game for longer than it hasn't. Rather than trying to fight an uphill battle and drive players away by throwing all these stupid restrictions on it, Blizzard should be USING flight to make the game better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be gifted, I can see all that work in the first week. I don't need a series of chain dazed\dismounts to say "WoW, this area is really awesome cause I get dazed every 10 feet." I can see how awesome it is from the air, in fact, I can enjoy it more

We're coming up on 5 months in, the population has boomed and shrunk back down. Who hasn't experienced all the zones by now? Who isn't at least revered with all the factions? How many people are still clearing the WQ map every day versus the number that do the easiest 4 and log?
    Again, its all about you and how it makes you unhappy, what about the rest of the player base? I have a friend who hasn't had time to play legion yet. And because we are making all about you, how many successful video games have you developed? I ask because obviously you know better than Blizzard and I can only assume that is from an even more successful career. They must be doing something right because I can see how much hate you have for the game right now, yet you are still paying them, you are literally paying them to have an experience that you despise.

And you ignored the cop out whistle. How many people do you see at the end of every quest Whistle? So they are given us a fake experience of the hard life on the ground and that is what annoys me most.
    The cop out whistle was (I assume) to attempt to pacify players like you that feel entitled to flying. A compromise maybe? Who knows? Blizzard is smart enough to not say "We had to include the flight masters whistle so that all the cry babies and brats that complain about flying have something" so instead they just say stuff like "we thought it would be fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Don't like waiting to fly, quit and come back when flying is introduced.
    Except one does not simply come back and fly, you still have to earn that which is the real bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by oddmyth View Post
    Two hearthstones!
    Flight Master's Whistle
    Emerald Winds
    Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite

You forgot gear(usually obtained from mythic+ spam) that raises character power level to a point where the open world is trivial, regardless of how they move through it.

Which then begs the question: In light of all these other tools that trivialize the open world, how exactly does flying harm the game? What purpose is served by restricting it? It's clearly not to slow player progress down, since daily and weekly lockouts do that. It's clearly not to make the world more difficult, since it hasn't EVER been difficult. So what does that leave? The presentation of the zones and encounters? Ok, I guess that's valid....the FIRST time you do it. But the moment I'm repeating those encounters that presentation has already been seen and has no value to preserve.

What other reasons for restricting flight are there? Using it as a carrot to get players to do content they might otherwise not bother with if given a choice. And someone at Blizzard being petty about their "artistic vision" being ignored.

Players still have to land to do the content. A fair amount of the content is indoors where flying can't be used anyway. Mounts do not kill enemies for you, nor do they click objects in the world.

That means there is no legitimate reason to restrict player flight after the content has been gone through once already.