Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone change the title seeing as Forces of Destiny was bs?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    If you like spoilers in your movie titles, sure.

The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a moment. That implies that either Luke or Rey will die in this movie, and since Rey is the new hero, that means Luke's fate is sealed.

Unless they're using the title as a metaphor in which Luke is the Last Jedi available to finish Rey's training. But I somehow doubt that, considering what they have done to Han Solo.

Eh, I am just being pessimistic here.
    Nope. Remember that in Empire, Luke was not a Jedi even when he took a shot at Vader. He was a Jedi only when he defeated Darth Vader and rejected the temptation of the Dark Side.

I'm just glad that "Forces of Destiny" was false. That title was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    If I had to bet on one meaning, I'd go with Luke, but I would be surprised if it doesn't have multiple meanings. Saw a YouTube comment point out that "jedi" can be both singular and plural as well, which is worth keeping in mind.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/823561256078548992
    Yeah that's a good point, though if it's referring to a small group I would still expect 'The Last of the Jedi'. 'The Last Jedi' sounds like one.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah that's a good point, though if it's referring to a small group I would still expect 'The Last of the Jedi'. 'The Last Jedi' sounds like one.
    Maybe, but it's not grammatically required, so the movie could still play around with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, as far as we know the only surviving Jedi is Luke. Rey may have been a Padawan before she was spirited away to Jaaku, but I don't think anyone would consider her a Jedi yet.

So, it could easily be referring specifically to Luke. And, well, if Luke trains Rey and then dies, I suppose she would become the... next... last Jedi.

Personally, I hope it's a declaration that the Jedi Order will completely cease to exist.

Given what we know of Snoke's interest in Kylo Ren, it could be that the endgame of the new trilogy will be the elimination of the Sith and Jedi altogether, replaced by a new order that seeks to maintain balance between Light and Dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Last Jedi is a call back to Anakin? Theres a lot of stuff about Anakin/Vaders legacy going in the story, especially with Kylo's persona and the mystique surrounding Anakin's lightsaber.

Just braining storming here, if Kylo embraces draws inspiration from the dark side of Anakin then maybe Luke/Rey is inspired by the light?

Or it just means that Luke or Luke training Rey to be a Jedi plays a huge role because one of them would be the last Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, as far as we know the only surviving Jedi is Luke. Rey may have been a Padawan before she was spirited away to Jaaku, but I don't think anyone would consider her a Jedi yet.

So, it could easily be referring specifically to Luke. And, well, if Luke trains Rey and then dies, I suppose she would become the... next... last Jedi.

Personally, I hope it's a declaration that the Jedi Order will completely cease to exist.

Given what we know of Snoke's interest in Kylo Ren, it could be that the endgame of the new trilogy will be the elimination of the Sith and Jedi altogether, replaced by a new order that seeks to maintain balance between Light and Dark.
    Really hope it ends up meaning that the Jedi Order will be done and over with.

After the Order failing to train Anakin and stop the rise of the Sith and Luke's catastrophic failure while trying to do it on his own, I think its time to hang it up. The Sith and Jedi Order's have been nothing but trouble, one evil and the other inept.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to bet on one meaning, I'd go with Luke, but I would be surprised if it doesn't have multiple meanings. Saw a YouTube comment point out that "jedi" can be both singular and plural as well, which is worth keeping in mind.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/823561256078548992
    Good point!

My guess is that it means Luke. Luke's the last Jedi (singular) who can pass on his knowledge to revive the Jedi (plural). This is fun.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the French title is Star Wars, le dernier Jedi (singular masculine), meaning it almost certainly refers to Luke.

I would have loved to see the plot loosely follow Zahn's books with newer faces taking the roles of Han, Luke, and Leia. A republic on the edge of civil war and a vengeful empire poised to capitalize on it. No Jedi vs Sith, but rather the Jedi investigating a mysterious new threat from uncharted space.

With Ep. VII having been the Ep. IV remake it was, that can't really happen now.

Whatever its story, I do hope it turns out true that Ep. VII had to "play it safe" to be successful and allow VIII and beyond to take more risks.

I really don't want another Star Wars made up of previous movie retreads.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

From Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Rey isn't a Jedi. Force sensitive =/= Jedi. From a realistic perspective, though... they killed Han Solo. Did you think Luke was safe somehow?
    Rey will be the last Jedi when Luke, her father, finishes her training. She was in training with her cousin, Ben, now Kylo Ren, when he turned to the darkside. Just my thoughts, but it's the most probable plot. Why would Luke's lightsaber respond to her over Ben, his nephew? She would have to be a direct blood relative, i.e. daughter.

Luke dies, Rey goes sith? I can only hope.

I changed the title to reflect the actual revealed title of the movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    If you like spoilers in your movie titles, sure.

The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a moment. That implies that either Luke or Rey will die in this movie, and since Rey is the new hero, that means Luke's fate is sealed.

Unless they're using the title as a metaphor in which Luke is the Last Jedi available to finish Rey's training. But I somehow doubt that, considering what they have done to Han Solo.

Eh, I am just being pessimistic here.
    Luke is already called "The Last Jedi" in the opening crawl of Ep7, as well as in some of the dialogue during the movie. But that doesn't mean it isn't a spoiler within a title as you stated. The Sith are gone, but that does;'t mean there aren't any evil force wielders out there. Same could be said about the future of the Jedi (plural). Luke could die, signaling the end of the Jedi Order, with Rey picking up the mantle as a gray.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    Rey will be the last Jedi when Luke, her father, finishes her training. She was in training with her cousin, Ben, now Kylo Ren, when he turned to the darkside. Just my thoughts, but it's the most probable plot. Why would Luke's lightsaber respond to her over Ben, his nephew? She would have to be a direct blood relative, i.e. daughter.
    It was Anakin's lightsaber. And Anakin is Kylo Ren's grandfather.

Also, what does blood relation have to do with it? The Lightsaber didn't respond. It's not sentient.

She pulled it into her hand with the Force. Period.

Lets hope it doesnt turn into a mary sue crap movie like the 7th was, but its disney and hollywood so womyn stronk is the most important sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Lets hope it doesnt turn into a mary sue crap movie like the 7th was, but its disney and hollywood so womyn stronk is the most important sigh.
    Oh, how I dislike the way people abuse the term "Mary Sue".

10+ Year Old Account
    Great title, great director... I'm hyped.

I'm also a big fan of the 100000 theories which have ALREADY sprung up to explain who the last Jedi is and why .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, how I dislike the way people abuse the term "Mary Sue".
    She won in a 2v1 fight versus a guy who took a bowcaster to the stomach.

She is a Mary Sue m8.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep facepalming when people are taking "The last Jedi" as it meaning literally 1 Jedi.

Jedi is Plural, like Sheep, Fish or Sith..

The last Jedi could easily mean the last group of them coming together.