Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    Still looking for an answer to this. Thanks
    If you want to see how Drape of Shame ranks overall, there is this macro I stole from the resto druid Discord.

/script local lvl=0; local int=GetSpellBonusDamage(4)*GetCritChance()/1000; while true do int=int-9.44-lvl*0.474; if int>0 then lvl=lvl+1; else print("The ilevel value of DoS Equip effect is:", lvl); break; end end

Now you'd need Geodew to answer your question, but the answer is surely in the spreadsheet.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    If you want to see how Drape of Shame ranks overall, there is this macro I stole from the resto druid Discord.

/script local lvl=0; local int=GetSpellBonusDamage(4)*GetCritChance()/1000; while true do int=int-9.44-lvl*0.474; if int>0 then lvl=lvl+1; else print("The ilevel value of DoS Equip effect is:", lvl); break; end end

Now you'd need Geodew to answer your question, but the answer is surely in the spreadsheet.
    Yeah, I understand the Drape's value overall, just not sure how it actually impacts crit's weight, if at all. Thanks, though.

@Schnebdreleg - Very good question. The neck enchants with procs didn't get ranked right (They ranked too low). We have a fix for that going out tomorrow. So in the meantime, please tell Mr. Robot that while the necklace he is suggesting sure is pretty, maybe even a bit sparkly, you're rather go for function over fashion.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Ignore my previous request, I am a blind buffoon. I found the modifier for the Drape.

why aren't nh trinkets in the spreadsheet? i have an 895 mirror not sure where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    why aren't nh trinkets in the spreadsheet? i have an 895 mirror not sure where it goes.
    Geodew said on twitter that he is no longer playing and may not update the spreadsheet with new trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by highpitched View Post
    Geodew said on twitter that he is no longer playing and may not update the spreadsheet with new trinkets
    That's sad, he was the one neutral member of the community who never got involved in petty crap, always on point, and stepped up when nobody else would. Hopefully the people who have been riding his coattails step up and fill his shoes. I'm not hopeful though.

can i ask a question for the thericrafters about why now versatility seems to be a viable stat?
    I have done the excel thingy and now every equip (like half of nighthold) has versatility and in pawns shows me that its a great upgrade...

the worse you scale i.e. the depth of secondary stat interactions with your kit... the less you benefit from 2ndary stats... except in the case of vers since it's a very reliable increase in hps

The spreadsheet is updated by Si and is available on Discord (at least for trinkets)

Anyways, here is the TLDR:

And there is the updated spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The spreadsheet is updated by Si and is available on Discord (at least for trinkets)

Anyways, here is the TLDR:

And there is the updated spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Si told me mirror was bis on tuesday, I used that information to give to my loot council, what changed inbetween then and today?

Does the alch trinket being better than vial hold true no matter what? entering my stats put vial ahead of vial

What is the url for mistweaver discord?

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Si told me mirror was bis on tuesday, I used that information to give to my loot council, what changed inbetween then and today?

I cant tell you exactly WHAT happened, what i can tell you though is that my 875 Mirror is basically crap. I tested it for a few tries and it was completely crap. A 865 Vial of Nightmare Fog was twice as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    What is the url for mistweaver discord?
    https://discord.gg/cmcyp

It's also on the first page of the pinned guide post on this forum.

@Zoopercat

Hi zooper, I've been doing some tests using the learning machine, and the site's standard weights.
    Both aim to use the legendary chest to monk, the effect does not favor the class much, because it focuses on the use of skill in the staff, and most do not use this skill in rotation because it is very heavy cast.

I did two simulations of single run, using the chest and another using the legs, which effect is much more advantageous for us monks.

The simulator pointed higher HPS with the legs, would not it be the case to fit something internally in the MR.Robot?

Follow the links:
    Legs - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...766a8bca45aa79
    Chest - http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...5f4c785292c5ad

I read that there was an update on the features of the site that would better consider the effect of the 4 set pieces and trinkets, so I've waited until this morning to do the simulations. Another interesting point is, the weights generated by the learning machine, recommend the use of 2 pieces while the standard weight, 4 pieces.

Thank you for your attention.
    Last edited by Slyner; 2017-01-23 at 05:28 PM.

@Zoopercat

the BIS legendaries are trinket and neck, and AskMrRobot tells us Unison shoulders and chest..

So yeah.. as much as I'd like to trust the website, we'd really need to have an override system like RAWR had so say "always use this item" so we can fix the so many mistakes healers have on that site.

there should also be a system to see BIS with the legendaries you actually have.. because a BIS list is kind of useless if you'll never get an item.

Any news about mirror with the change coming on Tuesday?

@Spotnick you can override anything you want. The tool is completely customizable. For BiS - click on the item you want to change and the gear list pops up. Select the new item to equip it and close the window. You'll see the new item show up with a gray dotted line around it, indicating that you locked it in
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

This macro is not valid for Mistweavers. Those constants are for Resto Druids only.

To calculate the value of Drape, calculate the weighted stat sum as normal, then add the value in the tab "Sets, Pots, Ench's, etc."

To find your new crit weight, scroll down on the main page and make sure the toggle says "TRUE."

Relatedly: I've changed the default to include Drape, since pretty much everyone has one now.

Re AMR Sims: I'll be completely honest here, even though you have Swol and Zooper posting in this thread... Obviously, I don't support them, at least not fully, or I'd help/trust them instead of doing my own spreadsheet. Their zero-overheal constant-healing simulation is not representative of any real raid encounters; there don't exist any bosses like that, except maybe Ursoc. Representing one fight of over a dozen doesn't sound useful to me. It's like you're trying to measure burst (no overheal) but also total healing (simming the entire fight at once) at the same time. Your metric ends up being some nonsense frankenstein of information. You could sim spells with a constant overheal, but then HPM spell priorities don't make any sense. Your spells don't ALWAYS overheal, and overhealing can change based on the situation (e.g. more or less likely to overheal after channeling EF depending on fight, which skews Gust and Vivify). Like I said, I don't believe that healer sims are useful without an extremely high fidelity simulation, almost on the level of simulating the game itself, including specific mechanics and co-healers. Not to mention that these are the same people that didn't believe me when I told them EF was mana-efficient and worth casting, even after I showed them my sims in the spreadsheet. Lo and behold, the highest Ursoc parses are EF spam. If they're not following mainstream theorycraft, what else have they gotten wrong? Well, to be honest with you, I CBA to check because they probably won't listen to me anyway. Another example is when Swol said "I don't have that item [Horn of Cenarius], so I don't know if there is a cap on the number of targets it could heal - right now I have it modeled with no cap to the targets that can be healed" two pages ago. (a) Why would you assume infinite targets instead of 6? (b) This information (cap of 5) is and has been readily available in my spreadsheet for months, if you ever bothered to look at it. If our weights match pretty well now, that's great news, but that definitely wasn't the case at the beginning of Legion.

Edit: And it's not really their fault or anything; they just have a lot of specs to maintain, and I just don't see how they could possibly do that as accurately as the people who play them with the size of their staff (four?) without everyone working huge overtime. I bet it's nice to have something to go off of for the specs that don't have dedicated theorycrafters, though, like RDruid.

Re retirement: I may work on trinkets some more, but don't count on it, but I plan on updating the stat weights portion of the sheet for future patches for the time being. You just may need to take things with a (small) grain of salt, since I won't immediately find out about changing burst requirements or rotational changes introduced by set bonuses/weird trinkets/etc., due to getting my information second-hand (which I'm getting through MW mods and vets on Discord in PMs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    Does the alch trinket being better than vial hold true no matter what? entering my stats put vial ahead of vial
    The rankings should change based on your stat weights, actually.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2017-01-24 at 07:37 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise