Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hououin Kyouma View Post
    They're too busy DBZ thumping.

Give it a year, they will all be obsessed with S;G. It always happens. I'll point out a single thing I think is good, and it will spread from there after.
    Haha everytime i meet one of those so called "anime fans" I point steins;gate too =)

i have two characters in SWTOR named after steins;gate. My female Jedi sentinel called Makise Kurisu and my Jedi Guardian called Steins Gate hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Erased was really really good i will give you that. I wished it was a 25 episode series T_T
    In my opinion it was only good but could have been amazing, the pacing on the final 2 episodes was really shit, and a lot of the stuff just got lost with the timeskip that was incredible in the Manga. It's essentially why it saw such a drop off from looking to be one the best anime of all time to just a great show in the season that's worth a go. If you haven't read the manga for Boku dake ga Inai Machi I would 100% recommend that.

Iced almost killed me for this, but I prefered Mayuri, in terms of (S;G spoilers) who Okabe should have went with. S;G 0 further cements this. Not saying I don't like Kurisu, she's still an amazing character, and I have no qualms with that being the true canon ending, just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Haha everytime i meet one of those so called "anime fans" I point steins;gate too =)

i have two characters in SWTOR named after steins;gate. My female Jedi sentinel called Makise Kurisu and my Jedi Guardian called Steins Gate hehe
    I have a DK named Rintarou somewhere in WoW. That's the best I was able to nab in terms of names. Was happy Hououin Kyouma wasn't nabbed here, but after 3 years of typing in "Jester Joe" to sign in, now I'm confusing myself.

They're too busy DBZ thumping.

Give it a year, they will all be obsessed with S;G. It always happens. I'll point out a single thing I think is good, and it will spread from there after.
    If they ever make it past the first 6 episodes of nothingness .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If they ever make it past the first 6 episodes of nothingness .
    You're tearing me apart Lis- I mean uh Haidaes.

They make it through 7 episodes of Spirit Bomb charging, I'm sure they can do it.

You're tearing me apart Lis- I mean uh Haidaes.

They make it through 7 episodes of Spirit Bomb charging, I'm sure they can do it.
    Omg, don't tell me they made a "The Room" anime.

There was a TV series with room something, that was actually nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Cory in the white house.
    Man, I never thought I'd find another fan on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Omg, don't tell me they made a "The Room" anime.

There was a TV series with room something, that was actually nice.
    No, but I'm glad someone finally got the obvious reference, since I've used that several times before here.

I'll drop another two good animes though, Parasyte and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I do have my MAL hidden in my sig though if anyone is curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Man, I never thought I'd find another fan on this site!

俺助けてき君*好き
    I love that semi gibberish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue Gender
    Steins;gate
    Full metal panic
    FMA B
    Gintama
    Black Lagoon
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Clannad
    Trigun
    Angel Beats
    Beck
    Planetes
    Strawberry Panic
    Claymore
    Kimi ni Todoke

To name a few

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Blazers...or Space Battleship Yamato, based on preference.

Heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I'm glad someone finally got the obvious reference, since I've used that several times before here.

I'll drop another two good animes though, Parasyte and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I do have my MAL hidden in my sig though if anyone is curious.
    Sent you a friend request on MAL

hmm, Mushishi is probably the one I'd call my favorite, I really dig the aesthetic and calm experience. Admittedly, there's not that much of an overarching story, but most episodes were impressive on their own.
    Other than that, off the top of my head, I also really enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Steins;Gate and House of Five Leaves (Saraiya Goyou).
    Last edited by Simplex; 2017-01-23 at 10:11 PM.

Since a few people mentioned Angel beats and Your lie in april, i would recommend plastic memories too. I'm sure it will make you drop a few tears hehe. Prepare for the feels on the very first episode!

Plastic Memories takes place in a city in the near future, in which humans live alongside androids that look exactly like humans and have human emotion and memory. SAI Corp, the leading android production company, has introduced the Giftia, an advanced android model with the most human-like qualities of any model. The lifespan of a Giftia is 81,920 hours (roughly nine years and four months), and if they pass their expiration date, it causes personality disintegration, memory loss and outbreaks of violence. As a result, the Terminal Services are established with the duty of retrieving Giftias who are close to the end of their lifespans from their owners, and erasing the Giftias' memories. To perform this job, the Terminal Service employees work in teams consisting of a human (called a "spotter") and a Giftia (called a "marksman"). The story follows the work and life of such a team in SAI Corp's Terminal Service One office.
    Last edited by Chantique; 2017-01-23 at 10:14 PM.

Didn't watch many, but probably Berserk or GitS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack on Titan.

It's also the only anime I've ever watched. But . . . I love it.
    Putin khuliyo

N should have came first, and then L in my opinion.
    It really did make no sense overall, it was literally just "here's mini-L" pretty much. Would have made more sense to go "Oh, you outsmarted N? Here comes his teacher/idol, L".
    Yeah, that would work better. Would work even better with some other character called C or whatever being the student, because Near kinda sucks on his own anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    It's a josei (adapted from an adult women's manga), but Chihayafuru is pretty fucking hype. It takes a handful of episodes to pick up steam, but it's an amazing show. Karuta isn't your typical sport, but it's really fun to watch.
    I don't mind. As I said, One Outs was interesting even though I still detest baseball and either still don't know the rules or in case of few exceptions, find them to be bizarre. I suppose I could check it one some time. The topic of women and sports reminds me of the anime (still airing, I think) I recently stumbled upon about the majestic sport of women trying to shove each other into water with their boobs and butts. Top tier anime material right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I'm of the opinion (not a very popular one) that the ending of the Erased anime was better. Both endings were a bit contrived and tested my suspension of disbelief, but the anime felt a little more natural. It's still worth reading, it was only 49 chapters (I think).
    Well, I have no clue what the manga ending was in general. The only thing I do know is that in manga he recovered his memories because of Airi, which I think is an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

N should have came first, and then L in my opinion.
    It really did make no sense overall, it was literally just "here's mini-L" pretty much. Would have made more sense to go "Oh, you outsmarted N? Here comes his teacher/idol, L".
    It worked better in the manga, where they played more on how Near and Mello represented two different sides of L to a more extreme degree. Still enjoyed the last 1/3 of the anime though, it was also interesting to follow how the world and Light changed.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-01-23 at 10:17 PM.

Can't remember them all, but one of the recent ones was about a dandy guy in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Blue Gender
    Steins;gate
    Full metal panic
    FMA B
    Gintama
    Black Lagoon
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Clannad
    Trigun
    Angel Beats
    Beck
    Planetes
    Strawberry Panic
    Claymore
    Kimi ni Todoke

To name a few
    Planet ES is cool in that it's one of the few hard science fiction animes out there. Want to know what it really would be like living on the moon or Mars? Planet ES is for you. You can show things with animation that no other media can capture.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland