Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP makes post about more variety in the forums.
    OP makes 99th post about Canada and Trudeau.

Thank for the variety!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We are Canada and we deserve respect.
    Win another Stanley Cup and you might get my respect back. It has been what 20 years?

Deleted
    U.S and Canada have always been close allies.
    You should look up the War of 1812, but I know you won't, so I'll spoil it for you.

It's when the U.S. invaded Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Yes, Fidel Castro killed political opposition to retain power in Cuba, but...
    Fucking lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    You should look up the War of 1812, but I know you won't, so I'll spoil it for you.

failed to*

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There are levels but we sponsor and are friends with some very cruel and brutal people, ...
    I wouldn't expect anything less from a Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Fucking lol...
    Nice contribution, thanks for showing up.

No. Why would you say such a hurtful thing?
    Do you find it insulting to be autistic?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I have news for you, the US has been and is in bed with a lot of brutal dictators including some that have done things that make Castro look like a saint in comparison. There is no evil and good when it comes to countries we do what we think is best for our interests.
    There was no benefit to Canada from Trudeau's eulogy to Castro, so what interest did it serve beyond the ability of Trudeau to come out in public about his personal admiration for a mass murderer?

Castro was murderous scum, Trudeau is scum because he is an apologist for a murderous scum, you can condemn both without resorting to whataboutism in an attempt to deflect. I am a right winger, I condemn other right wingers all the time when they deserve it and anybody praising a mass murderer deserves condemnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There was no benefit to Canada from Trudeau's eulogy to Castro, so what interest did it serve beyond the ability of Trudeau to come out in public about his personal admiration for a mass murderer?

Castro was murderous scum, Trudeau is scum because he is an apologist for a murderous scum, you can condemn both without resorting to whataboutism in an attempt to deflect. I am a right winger, I condemn other right wingers all the time when they deserve it and anybody praising a mass murderer deserves condemnation.
    you make me giggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    France really? the people who were so hellbent on revenge instituted policies that resulted in the rise Hitler that France?
    Are you blaming France for Hitler? Personally I blame Hitler and the Germans that supported him, considering that nobody forced them to invade Poland and commit genocide.

And in a comparison of what France did that was evil in the 20th century to what the Soviet Union did, then you are going to have to come up with something pretty stunning and previously unheard of to compete with the Holodomor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    you make me giggle.
    Not my fault, I have a penis shaped like a feather.

Nice contribution, thanks for showing up.
    The amount of mental gymnastics that Canadians are willing to go through to defend Castro really says a lot about you seal clubbers. Because he defied the US? Gordies are so petty.

Yes, Fidel Castro killed political opposition to retain power in Cuba, but that doesn't change the fact that his rule had positive change on Cuba. Since he became ruler, Cuban's life expectancy at birth is equal to the US's despite having 1/20th the spending. Illiteracy in the country has been wiped out as their education system has grown. So yes, while some aspects of his presidency are rather despicable, you cannot disagree with the positive changes his rule has had on the country.

Maybe now that he's dead the US will keep their business out of countries where they don't belong. Quit trying to force your American post-Cold War viewpoints of other countries on Canada and focus on why your own country is so fucked up.
    Quit spouting stats devoid of facts. Castro gets credit for things that were already in place in Cuba -- the medical and school systems were always well above average, for all intents and purposes he simply continued the practices that were in place since 1940 and had been slated as part of the Constitution of 1940. In fact Castro's initial push and agenda was to reinstate said Constitution.

Cuba's infant mortality rate of 32 per 1,000 live births in 1957 was the lowest in Latin America and the 13th lowest in the world, according to UN data. Cuba ranked ahead of France, Belgium, West Germany, Japan, Austria, Italy, and Spain.
    In 1955, life expectancy in Cuba was among the highest at 63 years of age; compared to 52 in other Latin American countries, 43 in Asia, and 37 in Africa.
    In terms of physicians and dentists per capita, Cuba in 1957 ranked third in Latin America, behind only Uruguay and Argentina -- both of which were more advanced than the United States in this measure. Cuba's 128 physicians and dentists per 100,000 people in 1957 was the same as the Netherlands, and ahead of the United Kingdom (122 per 100,000 people) and Finland.

Literacy rates were likewise quite advanced at 76% well above average for Latin America -- keep in mind these numbers were based on literacy rates for persons age 10 and above -- currently it's based on people aged 15 and above. Regardless, because the literacy rate was as high as it was Cuban literacy gains since the revolution are among the lowest in Latin America.

The "Revolution's" propaganda machine did a wonderful job of spreading the Castro mythology, but as some born to Cuban parents who's Grandfather was editor of Cuba's largest print newspaper, as well as the UPI and AP correspondent in Cuba... Stop talking. You're wrong and guilty of buying into BS.

Castro was a grade a cunt and yet he might not bad as the other half of the romanticized duo, Mr. T shirt, Che.

The amount of mental gymnastics that Canadians are willing to go through to defend Castro really says a lot about you seal clubbers.
    How am I defending him? I said he did and that I accept the fact that he had opposition killed to retain power. I haven't said anything against it. I did however provide a fact that he also made positive contributions to the country during his rule. I'm choosing to not judge someone by one thing they had done but rather look at his presidency as a whole, the good and the bad. I'm not cherry picking specific parts I disagree with while ignoring the rest just because it doesn't suit my morals and what I deem to be acceptable.

The same way I'm going to treat Trump over the next few years; call him out for all the bull shit and fuck ups he causes but also not blatantly ignore any good he may cause. Because you see, that's the joy of being a third party viewer; I'm not biased against one side or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of mental gymnastics that Canadians are willing to go through to defend Castro really says a lot about you seal clubbers. Because he defied the US? Gordies are so petty.
    It's not all Canadians, it is blinkered political partisans who feel they have to defend the indefensible because Trudeau praised him.

The thing about Canada is you can criticise the leader of the country without fear of government retribution - unlike Cuba under Castro - so there is absolutely no need for them to defend Trudeau's comments and downplay the mass murders in Cuba.

Someone needs to explain to these types of people that disagreeing with the stance of a politician you generally support is perfectly fine.

Deleted
    failed to*
    I'm sure someone will provide alternative facts showing they won.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I defending him? I said he did and that I accept the fact that he had opposition killed to retain power. I haven't said anything against it. I did however provide a fact that he also made positive contributions to the country during his rule. I'm choosing to not judge someone by one thing they had done but rather look at his presidency as a whole, the good and the bad. I'm not cherry picking specific parts I disagree with while ignoring the rest just because it doesn't suit my morals and what I deem to be acceptable.

The same way I'm going to treat Trump over the next few years; call him out for all the bull shit and fuck ups he causes but also not blatantly ignore any good he may cause. Because you see, that's the joy of being a third party viewer; I'm not biased against one side or the other.
    Mass murder generally trumps anything good that a person may have done, e.g. Dr Harold Shipman almost certainly helped sick people, however the fact that he murdered hundreds of people overshadows any good deeds he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post

There was no Canada till 1867. And it didn't get "formal independence" till 1982. We basically "invaded" British and native American lands after having our boats constantly robbed by british privateers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    There was no Canada till 1867. And it didn't get "formal independence" till 1982. We basically "invaded" British and native American lands after having our boats constantly robbed by british privateers.
    Ah, well, I stand corrected then. Invading British land is always the right answer.

Sorry about that. Also sorry about sacking Washington D.C.

But please don't tell Tennisface that Canada didn't technically exist until 1982, or he'll have a nosebleed.
    Last edited by mmoc2526a559a9; 2017-01-23 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    More like British sailors decided to go Awol on US ships and Navy had every right to get them back.

Plus your government wanted to control British North America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do you find it insulting to be autistic?
    The issue is what is the relevance of autism in this thread?