Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seen the XB1 announcement hope it doesn't take long to come to ps4.
    Hope so. My XB1 is full in terms of storage. PS4 has like 1.4 TB of storage left.

Glad to see it's getting an XB1 port though. Will play really well on consoles and I'm guessing at 60 for both.

When Marvel Heroes added controller support I was super skeptical. But it turned out wonderfully. I almost prefer MH2017 with a controller on occasion.

If POE can nail the controller feel on XBOX, I think that would be a great boon from the game overall. It could lead to slicker interfaces, control schemes, skill design and so on that benefits POE on all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hope so. My XB1 is full in terms of storage. PS4 has like 1.4 TB of storage left.

Glad to see it's getting an XB1 port though. Will play really well on consoles and I'm guessing at 60 for both.
    Neverwinter got a port finally but that took like 2 years. So I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft has some timed exclusive deal. Ether way ill be waiting and wanting.

(Rather have Marvel Heroes tho but ill accept ether)

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just wait until they announce the console version is easier and has buffed drops rates to compensate for the lack of trading :P

The salt will literally consume the universe.
    Haha. Anyway, while making the game easier is a no-no for me, i would absolutely love a league/persistent game mode where trading is disable and only self-found play is available. The game has a so big long-term potential that i wouldn't get away from it anymore.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Diablo 3 ROS came to the PS4 they handled the loot-splosion issue by greatly reducing the amount of loot that dropped while generally increasing the general value of said loot. I imagine PoE will do something along the same lines. I do not know what Blizzard did about trading in the PS4 version of RoS as i never tried it, but the game played very well with a controller. I still prefer the PC versions of these types of games just because the mouse offers a greater degree of control, but the comfort of a gamepad is a nice option on occasion.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-01-20 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    When Diablo 3 ROS came to the PS4 they handled the loot-splosion issue by greatly reducing the amount of loot that dropped while generally increasing the general value of said loot. I imagine PoE will do something along the same lines. I do not know what Blizzard did about trading in the PS4 version of RoS as i never tried it, but the game played very well with a controller. I still prefer the PC version just because the mouse offers a greater degree of control, but the comfort of a gamepad is a nice option on occasion.
    Yeah, loot quantity like that isn'0t exactly good in my eyes, but only enough to keep self-found doable. As for pad controls, i played Grim Dawn who can use both of them via pad and K/M combo. A gamepad is definitely good to use, the "worst" things are the actual number of available active skills and how the UI in some cases still required a mouse emulation to work, which was rather clunky (but still usable to a degree).

Aiming/movement and looting are the most important things to care about - if they're done right, the game will be enjoyable with a pad.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

We plan to add a system to officially record the progress of Solo Self-Found players in Content Update 2.6.0. This manifesto post describes our current plan. We welcome your feedback.

What is Solo Self-Found?

Solo Self-Found (SSF) is common self-enforced playstyle where trading and partying are not allowed. This means that your character's progress is entirely based on your own efforts and cannot be influenced by other players. You can't receive powerful items or help with difficult bosses from other players. Many players choose to play in this mode for the challenge or the bragging rights. Progress through the game is a lot slower (and many feel, more rewarding) when you have to find or craft every item upgrade yourself rather than being tempted to trade for quick power gains.

Until now, SSF was an honour system. Players could claim they got to certain levels without help, but there was no way to know for sure. In Content Update 2.6.0, we plan to formalise this feature that players can opt-in and have the rules enforced automatically. Their progress is tracked on a ladder and they can opt a character out whenever they want to play or trade with other players.

It's important to stress that the expectation is that most SSF characters do turn into regular characters eventually. Some players just last longer than others before they decide to party up or trade. For example, you might play to level 20 before you decide to trade for a rare item that triples your killspeed. Your friend might play all the way to low maps before she wants to start trading. These scores of level 20 and 70 respectively would be recorded on the SSF ladder.

Goals For Implementation:
    • To cleanly enforce the SSF ruleset.
    • Players can easily opt-out characters or their entire league progress (masters, atlas, etc) at any time that they want to start trading or partying.
    • To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.
      We do not want new players to choose SSF unless they know what they're doing. Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

Implementation Plan:
    SSF versions of the existing leagues would exist, which are a checkbox on the character creation screen. This option may be hidden until the player has rescued the Scion or something like that.

In these SSF leagues, you can't trade or party with other players. These leagues have their own stashes, master progression, Atlas progress, etc. Multiple characters in the same SSF league on your account can share items via the stash. This is progress that you have earned alone, without help from other players.

The leagues have ladders that track the highest level you got to before moving the character back to regular leagues.

On the character selection screen, there's a button that performs a one-way transfer of a character to the equivalent non-SSF league. After doing this, the character appears on the regular ladder for that league and can trade and party like anyone else. Individual items can be moved over to the regular leagues by creating a temporary mule character that you transfer.

There's also a button that migrates all characters as well as your league-account progress like masters, stash tabs, the atlas, etc. You would be able to migrate it all and then later decide to play more SSF characters if you want.

Challenges are shared between all four challenge leagues (for example, Breach, Breach SSF, Hardcore Breach, Hardcore Breach SSF).

No one knows if you completed the challenges in an SSF league or not, but this is important so that the SSF mode doesn't feel mandatory. If you don't want to play in it, just ignore it and play the regular one! If you do like playing SSF, then this mode will give you the ability to demonstrate your progress in an indisputable way.

With this proposal, SSF characters and regular characters are technically in different leagues and wouldn't be able to see each other in chat. We may have to implement combined global chat channels.

While it may seem that the addition of new leagues for this feature would fracture the economy, it is worth noting that existing SSF characters were already not taking part in the economy.

This post applies to the PC version. No discussion has yet taken place regarding whether this system is being brought to the Xbox One version.

Please let us know if you have any feedback on this system!
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1823776

- - - Updated - - -

All skill gems will be available in "some form"

So since SSF can't be played by "easily intimidated newbies", there's no more reason to lock classes from having vendor-access to all skill-/ and support-gems there. Right?

Right?
    Right

Edit: in some form
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...rt_in/dcs6enl/
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-01-23 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    HOLY FLYING FUCK. My life will be completely destroyed.

Time to redownload the game.

Deleted
    Hmm, maybe next league I might do a mix of SSF SC and normal HC

Horrible. Are there really people that care about "bragging rights"? A SSF mode should be more centered around crafting stuff yourself, so vendor recipes should be altered, vendors should sell/convert every kind of currency (especially some reasonable way to get Exalted Orbs) and it should be permanent without the option to move out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Horrible. Are there really people that care about "bragging rights"? A SSF mode should be more centered around crafting stuff yourself, so vendor recipes should be altered, vendors should sell/convert every kind of currency (especially some reasonable way to get Exalted Orbs) and it should be permanent without the option to move out of it.
    If they did that then you could never convert the char back to a normal none-SSF one. And from a business standpoint I'm pretty sure they see that as potentially losing more customers than it gains them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    If they did that then you could never convert the char back to a normal none-SSF one. And from a business standpoint I'm pretty sure they see that as potentially losing more customers than it gains them.
    Why would you WANT to convert a SSF char? The whole point of SSF is to play solo self found. Well, I wouldn't really mind if party play is possible, but no exchange of loot or such. Is there some loot setting that makes that possible? I don't know I only ever played solo.

Also, do players cry because they can't convert their SC chars to HC? So why would a SSF one be the problem? Remember, I want that to be a permanent one like the Standard SC or HC ones. The point of this league would be on crafting without being able to trade.
    Last edited by Vocah; 2017-01-23 at 10:45 PM.

Why would you WANT to convert a SSF char? The whole point of SSF is to play solo self found. Well, I wouldn't really mind if party play is possible, but no exchange of loot or such. Is there some loot setting that makes that possible? I don't know I only ever played solo.

Also, do players cry because they can't convert their SC chars to HC? So why would a SSF one be the problem? Remember, I want that to be a permanent one like the Standard SC or HC ones. The point of this league would be on crafting without being able to trade.
    The point is quite simple, if you get Skyforth and want them on another char you do have the option to stop playing SSF and transfer it. Obviously not just that item but you get the idea, mirrors, perfect rare drops and what not apply as well.

Just make another char in the SF league to use found items on, it's not like it is an ironman league (is that what a char is called that only uses stuff it finds itself?).

It still has a league-wide shared stash.

Just make another char in the SF league to use found items on, it's not like it is an ironman league (is that what a char is called that only uses stuff it finds itself?).

It still has a league-wide shared stash.
    You might think that's how people should react but I can say with some certainty that most people would want to be able to transfer a mirror for example. And I think GGG simply figured that it would lose them too many players if they didn't give the option.

Not that I can't see that reaction but honestly, would those even play in such a league in the first place?

Not that I can't see that reaction but honestly, would those even play in such a league in the first place?
    Yeah, I'd do SSF on occasion just for funsies but if I got a mirror for example I'd want to be able to transfer it to current league or standard.

Not just that, people will get bored when they realize just how hard SSF is (because this game was never balanced around not-trading). People won't want to relevel so they will just quit when they run into a wall in white tier maps, which loses GGG players. They need to give people the opt out that 90% of them will need. This also means they can't make SSF any different from normal or you could abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not just that, people will get bored when they realize just how hard SSF is (because this game was never balanced around not-trading). People won't want to relevel so they will just quit when they run into a wall in white tier maps, which loses GGG players. They need to give people the opt out that 90% of them will need. This also means they can't make SSF any different from normal or you could abuse it.
    Then there should not be an SSF league in the first place if it only offers non-existing bragging rights. After all, if someone is not interested in silly things like ranking, they simply can play that way in the normal leagues, be it temp. or perm. ones.
    Last edited by Vocah; 2017-01-23 at 11:25 PM.