Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'll wake up and need to cough, and I'll cough up some weird stringy gunk with black specs. I showed my doctor and she says its tar build up and I should stop smoking.

I switched to edibles though :P, she said those are fine and won't hurt my lungs, so I still get the benefits, just in a different way.
    Well yeah edibles won't hurt your lungs.

Cooking them yourself or buying?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well yeah edibles won't hurt your lungs.

Cooking them yourself or buying?
    Both!!

My friend showed me how to make a butter out of it to put on toast, so I've been having that with tea when I get home from work somedays.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Mine is to be less of an asshole, so far I am struggling.
    You and me both.

Love trumps hate! In a totally non-Trump-bashing-meant-way.

Speaking of inter-partisan love...where is Zombergy aka. zombiebro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Ah. My guy is a scholar as well, degrees in like biology, and athletic training or something. I'd have to look again. Master's in human anatomy and he did research on how the human body reacts to various protein compounds and medications designed to help the body become stronger.

I wouldn't go to a trainer who's just a meathead and buys into all the common gym stereotypes :P
    Oh yeah for sure some are great but I find far too many get their "certifications" through bullshit 1 day/1 week programs then go to commercial gyms and teach people crap form and unsafe practices. I.e going super heavy on squats even though you can't hit the depth required to perform a proper squat to begin with. Bad deadlift form etc.

Proper trainers are well worth the money if they know what they're doing and can really improve your work outs.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Managed to change some things radically in my life, like cutting down extremely on sugar, pretty much no "convenience" food, cook from fresh ingredients. That started out as a resolution 4 years ago and works through over 95% of the year. The exceptions are stuff like chocolate on christmas (and even then the sensation is not as good as I remember it)
    Yeah, some things just don't taste anymore like they used to. Sometimes you get a craving for things like an ice-cold Redbull, for example if you are sweaty and tired after dancing and you have the driest throat. Chocolate too, although it's not so much a matter of taste as it's an matter of "goddamnit, I have to do cardio for 2 hours if I eat this, because I just can't stop at one bite".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Honestly, for me it is salty food, like crisps. So to avoid them, I occasionally switch to peanuts. But usually not a good idea to have them in the house.
    The thing that helped me the most with stopping to consume bad food was just not buying it. In the supermarket I have a strong will, if I buy it I eat it in 2 days. I bought Nutella the other day to "add some" to my milkshakes for better nougat taste. I finished that fucker in 2 days and felt like the fattest fuck. Nope, not doing that again, it stays in the supermarket now.

My resolution was to longer do resolutions. So far I'm doing pretty good.

]

All that needs to be said about new years resolutions really.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

From my twatter, this was my impromptu new years list
    1) Start skating again
    2) Stop skating mongo
    3) Get okay at fightan games
    4) get swol
    5) watch more anime
    6) listen to more music
    Of this, I have not started skateboarding again yet
    I am still a mongo skater if I were to get back on a board right now
    I'm getting better at fighting games
    I've lost about 10 pounds of water weight and am feeling stronger
    I'm watching more animus
    I already listen to a shitload of music so I'm not sure how to improve upon this

Hard to fail if you didn't make any

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Hard to fail if you didn't make any
    Or maybe you failed already if you didn't make any? (jk)

I kinda made one 'resolution' in december, but I wouldn't consider it a new year resolution. Juat something I'm striving towards. Trying consciously alter my thought pattern.
    I find that the timeframe constraints have adverse effects.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-01-23 at 10:24 PM.

I don't do New Year resolutions as I always either break them or never start them.

I did get a bit of time off at the beginning of the year so I started a juice cleanse and so far I have lost 24 lbs. I plan on slowing down on the weight loss soon and incorporating more protein into my diet. My current goal is to get to under 200 lbs. and have it lean and healthy muscle by Summer. Late last year I was nearly a burger away from a heart attack.

We have also started buying less processed food items for the family and more fresh foods. I have started to give our children fruit instead of the gummy fruit snacks and chips.

I am also going back to school in Fall to pursue an Associates of Science. I eventually want to major in Biotech with a minor in IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I don't do New Year resolutions as I always either break them or never start them.

I did get a bit of time off at the beginning of the year so I started a juice cleanse and so far I have lost 24 lbs. I plan on slowing down on the weight loss soon and incorporating more protein into my diet. My current goal is to get to under 200 lbs. and have it lean and healthy muscle by Summer. Late last year I was nearly a burger away from a heart attack.

We have also started buying less processed food items for the family and more fresh foods. I have started to give our children fruit instead of the gummy fruit snacks and chips.

I am also going back to school in Fall to pursue an Associates of Science. I eventually want to major in Biotech with a minor in IT.
    Damn son, 24 lbs in not even a month? That doesn't sound healthy, although tasty. :P

Don't let it disencourage you if the weight loss slows down or if you don't meet your goals by summer, I'm currently stuck in a limbo of building some muscle and losing less weight. It makes your progress less obvious, but it the end it's probably worth it and easier than doing both back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    The thing that helped me the most with stopping to consume bad food was just not buying it. In the supermarket I have a strong will, if I buy it I eat it in 2 days. I bought Nutella the other day to "add some" to my milkshakes for better nougat taste. I finished that fucker in 2 days and felt like the fattest fuck. Nope, not doing that again, it stays in the supermarket now.
    Make your own! Crisps too (@det)... most junk food is crazy easy to make at home and it becomes a lot healthier too without all the processed shit the food industry puts in it. The taste will also be different though (I find it better but that's personal).

Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Make your own! Crisps too (@det)... most junk food is crazy easy to make at home and it becomes a lot healthier too without all the processed shit the food industry puts in it. The taste will also be different though (I find it better but that's personal).
    Maybe I will try that in 2 weeks when my exams are over, but right now I don't have the time to bother. I bought a smoothie maker 2 weeks ago though and I just shred some fruits every other day or make some banana-chocolate milkshake. Easy, fast, healthy, refreshing and tasty. Best investment in some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking in here. Doing pretty good. Last week was rough because I was on the road A LOT so fast food it was. But kept my portions and didn't have a single drop of soda. I recently joined a Hockey League to supplement my weight loss. Here goes nothing.

Overall? Im doing pretty damn good. And im happy because im sticking to this.

Home cooked food is going to be just as bad .
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Best investment in some time.
    Yeah I did that too years ago... it started with making my own smoothies and ice creams during the summer and went onto making pretty much everything myself. Granted, I really like cooking so I'll make time for that but there is something nice about knowing exactly what went into the food I'm eating and I can tweak it to match my taste. To answer your OP, if I had a resolution this year (I don't, too many things already going on in my life!) it would be to start growing my own vegetables too... Still too lazy for that >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Home cooked food is going to be just as bad .
    No it's not, as long as you know your ingredients and, of course, don't abuse it. It's not because it was home made that you can choke on junk food now but it is definitely healthier.

As someone who makes nearly everything at home, from pasta and bread to juices and butter, there's a common myth that cooking stuff at home is healthier. It's usually just as bad if not worse in terms of fat, saturated fats, cholesterol, calories, and vitamins/minerals.

The best way to make "unhealthy" food healthy at home is to change ingredients and cooking style. I promise you're not going to save calories cutting up your own potatoes or tortillas and frying them in oil. Chances are, with less time to cool and drip fats/oils, they'll end up worse for you.

If you wanted to take something like potato chips and make them healthier, the best thing to do would be to get an air fryer.

There's no "secret" way to make healthy potato chips or ice cream or candy. If there was, it would have been industrialized and mass produced. If you could make healthy tasty chips, that'd be a massive market. Same with ice cream or other junk foods.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis