Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Glad to see something good coming from this. The TPP was was a horrible deal and glad to see it go.

From what they have said looking into it it did very little for the economy overall and when you looked into it it screwed those who actually made the money and rewarded those who already had the money. And even if all that ended up being false, the arbitration clause alone would completely overwhelm any good it could do no matter what was in it as it allowed companies to sue states and countries in legally binding tribunals made up of unelected businessman who could be used and abused to allow companies take away the will of the countries and its people.

And if you think the manufacturing it coming back to the US due to a trade agreement like this you don't understand the problems, they are not coming back to the US or anywhere else, they are vanishing entirely year by year. The US is already the worlds 2nd biggest manufacturer behind China with manufacturing output that is record setting, the jobs are just being done by less and less people as automation and weak computer AI gets good enough to do the jobs.

Sorry but if you want to fix the problems, you have to work on options that transitions away from an economy that requires people to work as that option gets smaller and smaller.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I genuinely give up on trying to understand Trump supporters with my current knowledge of logic.
    Logic doesnot apply to absurdism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Logic doesnot apply to absurdism.
    As a man with several Trump supporters I have to deal with. It isn't about logic at all, they treat it more like a religion with him. The will ignore all facts that don't match what they want the world to be and will rail against anyone who goes against it even with lies.

I have had some try and actually tell me that "God put him there" while actually believing it and ignoring the fact that the qualities the man has is more in line with the anti-Christ than a messiah.

I also watched them try and call Obama a Kenyan who destroyed the economy, destroyed jobs, tried to take our guns, and withdrew overseas to "Save his brothers" and if you ever try and an mention any facts that disagree with it they will call you a freeloader and a liberal like that is some kind of insult. They also tried to call Sanders a communist who wanted to force them to pay a 95% tax rate and give all their money to unemployed people.

These are also the people who are trying their best to believe fake news you can see from a mile away but will then get try and call anything you put forward correcting it as fake news even if it is a video of the event in question getting the information from the horses mouth on issues.

Trying to correct many of these people are useless because you are trying to use logic to fight against a religion.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

lets see if you keep the celebration when prices get higher for items you arent use to pay much. Hurray!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You know it's possible to disagree with Sanders, right? He's not some left wing messiah.
    he was a messiah to reddit, but even reddit managed to put their hate for trump aside for a sec and say they like that trump did this, i was expecting a full 180 by reddit on going from against tpp to pro tpp because of this.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    I thought the far left was vehemently against TPP, I even remember comrade Sanders speaking out against it, so I'm surprised they are so upset that Trump is withdrawing from it. It almost feels like they are aiming to attack Trump for every decision he makes without rationally assessing whether it is a good or bad one.
    I can't fathom how so many people were against TPP, particularly on the left, and now TPP is this wonderful thing that Trump killed. I just don't even know how to process that.

I am wondering if these people who are in favor of it now that Trump is against it were part of the group who was against it with Sanders or were they still against it making excuses for Clinton.

Wish I could remember the names back then because right now, watching people coming out in favor of it now doesn't mean they were against it before, just can't recall the names during that time beyond Skroe trying to throw the election for Trump hoping for force Clinton on us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You know it's possible to disagree with Sanders, right? He's not some left wing messiah.
    It's like the center of the political spectrum completely dissapeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow a complete 180 by the neoliberals here from being pro workers rights and anti-big corporation to pro TPP
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I can't fathom how so many people were against TPP, particularly on the left, and now TPP is this wonderful thing that Trump killed. I just don't even know how to process that.
    Here's a breakdown (let me know if it needs further simplification); The left isn't opposed to free trade, they'd just prefer that standards were raised rather than relaxed and are wary of increasing privitization of public services. Here's an article that might help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I..I don't understand. the TPP was regarded as one of the absolute worst things that can happen. Now that Trump is against it, people want it?

I'm not a Trump supporter, but you guys are retarded.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It costs a lot of money to ship from China to the US.
    Actually, it doesn#t. Which is exactly the problem. if it did cost a lot there would be little reason to move production overseas. But shipping a container only costs a few thousand bucks, and you can get a lot of stuff into a 40foot container. For most products shipping costs per article are in the cents, or even fractions of cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Looks like his first day is already productive. Trump has signed an executive order withdrawing the US from TPP. Couldnt have a better start to his new job!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/23/politi...y-sources-say/
    I suspect that you have absolutely no idea what the pros and cons of the TPP are.

Globalization will happen with or without the US. If we're sitting at the table at least we can use our considerable weight to make the market more favorable to us.

Isolationism is a dumb policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    I..I don't understand. the TPP was regarded as one of the absolute worst things that can happen. Now that Trump is against it, people want it?

I'm not a Trump supporter, but you guys are retarded.
    i think that the bottom line is that tpp at the state that was presented was pretty terrible, but it could be worked around and made much better. axing it without a replacement, on the basis of protectionism is not a good idea. Protectionism never, ever worked
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    I suspect that you have absolutely no idea what the pros and cons of the TPP are.
    Given that all of the TTP and TTIP negotiations took place partly in secrecy and participants (read: public representatives) were not allowed to share information with the public, it seems like the whole point of this thing was that nobody should have any idea about the real pros and cons.

I do not have to trust any politician. It's my responsibility as a voter to question and to distrust them. If I get the feeling, something is being pushed through, when people don't even understand it, politicians have failed, and you HAVE to be against it. Everything else is self-imposed immaturity by Kant.

Killing TTP and TTIP is not about its higher goals, it's about the implementation. If you still try to defend it on the basis of WHAT it's for, you clearly haven't been paying attention.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-01-23 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    Given that all of the TTP and TTIP negotiations took place partly in secrecy and participants (read: public representatives) were not allowed to share information with the public, it seems like the whole point of this thing was that nobody should have any idea about the real pros and cons.

Plus I do not have to trust any politician. It's my responsibility as a voter to question and and distrust them.

Killing TTP and TTIP is not about its higher goals, it's about the implementation. If you still try to defend it on the basis of WHAT it's for, you clearly haven't been paying attention.
    As near as I can tell from this you're saying your views on TPP have nothing to do with what TPP actually does?

7+ Year Old Account
    As near as I can tell from this you're saying your views on TPP have nothing to do with what TPP actually does?
    The secrecy is the problem. We don't even know what's in TPP and TTIP.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The secrecy is the problem. We don't even know what's in TPP and TTIP.
    https://www.tpp.mfat.govt.nz/text

among a million other links available 30 seconds into a google search.

I love having to debate stale talking points.