Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kristo View Post
    One more thing with regard of DF, once we acquire 2/4p set, BM should never choose Dire Frenzy, regardless of ST or AoE fight?
    That's what I was going to post too The 2p enrages the dire beasts when you BW, so it would be wasted if you went for DF... I guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    That's what I was going to post too The 2p enrages the dire beasts when you BW, so it would be wasted if you went for DF... I guess ?
    Next question: When we get 2pc, Dire Frenzy is out of rotation. I pick DF on 2 bosses Trilliax and Krosus which are almost pure single target fights. Are we gonna pick chimera shot over Stomp in these fights ? I know Stomp does more damage with 2 pc thou considering we will have better relics soon and higher weapon ilvl = more chimera / cobra damage.

Deleted
    So for Spellblade, is Explosive better then PS? Or does it depend how good u are with explosive and/or PS?
    And u shouldnt cast explosive during trueshot right?
    Because on spellblade heroic it seems my trueshot alligns pretty well with the adds spawning, and by the time my trueshot is over most of the adds are dead, so I dont think explosive is worth it there for me.

Regarding BM: once you get 2pc, you should not use Dire Frenzy. The set bonus does not apply to Dire Frenzy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    About LnL .... should I use it at Botanist cuz of constant switches and stuff, since I cant quite keep up those stacks on only one boss?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caph View Post
    you pretty much have to. Trick shot cleave messes with ture aim as far as i know, because the off-targets hit by your aimed shot cleave get true aim stacks, and therefore your main target will loose those stacks rendering true aim almost useless in this fight.
    Thought so, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks

10/10N 5/10H

Leggos

-Ullrs
    -Warbelt or Zevrims

Talents

-Lone Wolf
    -Lock and Load
    -Trail blazer
    -Patient Sniper
    -Binding Shot

Skorp - volley/piercing (I substitute with trickshot + warbelt somtimes wherever you see piercing otherwise Im wearing zevrims)
    Chrono - crows/piercing
    Skrillex - crows/piercing
    Spell blade - volley/piercing
    Krosus - crows/piercing
    Star - crows/piercing
    Tich - volley/piercing
    Botanist - volley/piercing
    Ellisande - crows/piercing
    Guldan - crows/piercing

NH is awesome for MM hunters on most fights because there are lots of adds and thats what we are good at - burst cleaving large clumps of adds. We are excellent at slightly spread packs which are often too spread for other classes to effectively cleave. Adds is our thing, we are best at it, we can cleave packs, switch quickly and burst hard. And its not padding when you need to down the adds to win fights (Tich/spell blade)

Learn to burst: pop trueshot on add assignments and basically spam multi shot -> marked shot with the occasional LnL proc. If you are wearing war belt, the effect stacks meaning if you multishot a pack of 5 adds 2 times you will have 10 stacks which is +100% on aimed, so its quite easy to build up to 20 stacks (200%) then let it fly in your burst phase at the end of the vuln window. I have recorded +7mil crits with aimed shot doing this - and with trickshot that is 30% of that crit to all the adds in the pack. Im not good at math but 7mil to primary + 30% of 7 mil to the other 4 adds = ~17mil on one shot! (didnt even include bullseye) -- burst

skorp is probs an exception that I wouldnt trueshot on adds because they die so easily and you need the extra dps on the exo-skeleton phase

Piercing is all about choosing the best time to use. Since it is affected by vuln, if you use it right at the end of a vuln window (+160%) it can easily crit for insane damage, I often see +5mil crits. Imagine that going through a stack of 8 arcane adds on spell blade or the bloods on tichondrius.

Numbers might not be exact but get the general idea. I like to experiment with things and dont strictly follow icy veins. There will always be room for optimization and if you are progressing you want to squeeze every little bit of dps out for each fight.

Hope it helps your dps fellow hunters
    Last edited by Absoul; 2017-01-24 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killahdz View Post
    10/10N 5/10H

Lone Wolf
    Lock and Load
    Trail blazer
    Lock and Load
    Binding Shot

Skorp - volley/piercing (I substitute with trickshot + warbelt somtimes wherever you see piercing otherwise Im wearing zevrims)
    Chrono - crows/piercing
    Skrillex - crows/piercing
    Spell blade - volley/piercing
    Krosus - crows/piercing
    Star - crows/piercing
    Tich - volley/piercing
    Botanist - volley/piercing
    Ellisande - crows/piercing
    Guldan - crows/piercing

NH is awesome for MM hunters on most fights because there are lots of adds and thats what we are good at - burst cleaving large clumps of adds. We are excellent at slightly spread packs which are often too spread for other classes to effectively cleave. Adds is our thing, we are best at it, we can cleave packs, switch quickly and burst hard. And its not padding when you need to down the adds to win fights (Tich/spell blade)

Learn to burst: pop trueshot on add assignments and basically spam multi shot -> marked shot with the occasional LnL proc. If you are wearing war belt, the effect stacks meaning if you multishot a pack of 5 adds 2 times you will have 10 stacks which is +100% on aimed, so its quite easy to build up to 20 stacks (200%) then let it fly in your burst phase at the end of the vuln window. I have recorded +7mil crits with aimed shot doing this - and with trickshot that is 30% of that crit to all the adds in the pack. Im not good at math but 7mil to primary + 30% of 7 mil to the other 4 adds = ~17mil on one shot! (didnt even include bullseye) -- burst

skorp is probs an exception that I wouldnt trueshot on adds because they die so easily and you need the extra dps on the exo-skeleton phase

Piercing is all about choosing the best time to use. Since it is affected by vuln, if you use it right at the end of a vuln window (+160%) it can easily crit for insane damage, I often see +5mil crits. Imagine that going through a stack of 8 arcane adds on spell blade or the bloods on tichondrius.

Numbers might not be exact but get the general idea. I like to experiment with things and dont strictly follow icy veins. There will always be room for optimization and if you are progressing you want to squeeze every little bit of dps out for each fight.

Hope it helps your dps fellow hunters
    lol, piercing shot is garbage on every fight. Quit with that shit. Piercing needs like 6 targets to even be worth taking. It's absolutely terrible on single target so I don't know why you're recommending it on krosus

For my previous post, I revise my statement and recommend volley over crows. I was under the impression you wouldn't be able to tank the adds on the boss at all. Volley for guldan as well.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post
    lol, piercing shot is garbage on every fight. Quit with that shit. Piercing needs like 6 targets to even be worth taking. It's absolutely terrible on single target so I don't know why you're recommending it on krosus

For my previous post, I revise my statement and recommend volley over crows. I was under the impression you wouldn't be able to tank the adds on the boss at all. Volley for guldan as well.
    I'm just going off my own numbers and experience, no theory crafting, no bandwagon.

Maybe for ST, trick + True aim is the way to go for consistent dps, I'm keen to try tonight since I havent run true aim yet, however, it seems you can gamble on those big crits from piercing to potentially do more dps and my meters are reflecting this.

Do whatever works for you and what is most fun for you

BM here, was curious if anyone thought about using multi shot as a focus dump on botanist in his last phase? I was using amoc last week, I think I might try volley this week.

Piercing is fucking legit on most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by kristo View Post
    Thanks Kirbypro,

I was referring to MM using Volley as suggested in InTeNsO reply why choose Volley over Barrage and if to have it being on all the time on tunring on and off for adds only? in terms of focus management/dps output.

However I noted this for BM part, flex build should be a starter point on every fight, on the other hand, recent changes to cost of re-spec tomes makes them imo much more available, thus allows us more ad-hoc changes, depending on boss fight,

regards,
    k.
    With volley vs barrage, barrage does less damage when everything is properly stacked, which in the case in NH, every aoe fight involves add stacks. And in those fights, multi shot generates quite a bit of focus so it's not an issue, and saves more room to use either explosive/ trick shot effectively (or powershot if you get it to work)

Quote Originally Posted by Killahdz View Post
    I'm just going off my own numbers and experience, no theory crafting, no bandwagon.

Maybe for ST, trick + True aim is the way to go for consistent dps, I'm keen to try tonight since I havent run true aim yet, however, it seems you can gamble on those big crits from piercing to potentially do more dps and my meters are reflecting this.

Do whatever works for you and what is most fun for you
    "no bandwagon" AKA "I think my thoughts and gut feelings are more reliable and accurate than math and simulations" Anecdotal evidence is garbage.
    Finbez
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Random question.. Did the cooldown on camouflage always start after you exit camo? I'm pretty sure the cooldown used to start when you popped camo, not when it ended.

Hmm, seems like feign death works the same way. Is that new too?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Random question.. Did the cooldown on camouflage always start after you exit camo? I'm pretty sure the cooldown used to start when you popped camo, not when it ended.

Hmm, seems like feign death works the same way. Is that new too?
    Feign Death has always worked the way. Dunno about camo. Rarely use it.
    Finbez

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...52609/latest/#

Logs for Azortharion on every fight in heroic NH.
    Has him picking Piercing Shot on almost every fight.
    Granted this doesn't mean you should, as it's usefulness is entirely dependent on how you're able to utilize it. If it's used sub optimally, you'll be better off with trick shot.
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Feign Death has always worked the way. Dunno about camo. Rarely use it.
    Alright. Pretty sure the camo is a change. I haven't played my hunter in years and just noticed the change.

Draw your own conclusions

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents
    Last edited by Absoul; 2017-01-24 at 01:22 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Obviously its the best Talent if you can AOE at every boss w/ an AOE Talent.

That being said, it seems to be a good choice for few bosses (SpellBlade & Botanist). Not sure about Tichon & Gul'dan, need 2 test those for me personally.

Also I know people want balanced talents, but man it fucking sucks to have so many different builds (Sidewinders spreaded AoE, Piercing Shot AoE Burst, Trickshot substain melee AOE, Trickshot ST Build).

I actually love having so many choices, where they are all viable in different situations or choosing talents that synergize with my gear and play style. I actually fucking love MM right now and we are getting buffed again shortly.

Its easier to complain when things are broken but I gotta say I am really impressed how the class designers turned the 7.1.5 MM disaster around. I am really enjoying the spec atm

Azor updated Icy Veins guide for MM with "meme" build, should ease up choices form MM