Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the biggest waste of $250 million on the planet, given that the shack itself costs maybe like $10 million to actually build - and then fill it with maybe $60 million in fancy cars and helicopters and etc, $20-30 million for the property.

Mark it up to $250 million and hope some rich asshole with no class or taste wants a McMansion.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well at least that's $250 million that's now floating somewhere in the economy rather than mildewing in a bank vault somewhere in the Bahamas... right?
    More likely it's just moving from one bank vault to another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    More likely it's just moving from one bank vault to another.
    ^ Any asshole developer who thinks they're going to sell $250 million dollar homes already has more money than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Why the fuck do you need three kitchens?
    When the first two runs out of food d'uh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    A castle? This is 2017 bud.
    Yeah well when the zombie apocalypse comes Ill fart in your general direction while you are eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    This is probably the biggest waste of $250 million on the planet, given that the shack itself costs maybe like $10 million to actually build - and then fill it with maybe $60 million in fancy cars and helicopters and etc, $20-30 million for the property.

Mark it up to $250 million and hope some rich asshole with no class or taste wants a McMansion.
    I wish I could be that rich asshole!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    When the first two runs out of food d'uh!
    Well sometimes after a day hike from the master bedroom to the poolhouse, you are hungry and tired and can't possibly trek back to the main house. So you need to bunk up in the poolhouse overnight, and set out at first light the next day to swim across the wave pool and hike back across the terrace, before ascending the steppes.

Fortunately the poolhouse has 5 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a spare bowling alley. So you should survive the night.

Edit: On that note, what the hell is the obsession with bowling alleys in these tacky McMansions? What kind of billionaire bowls so much they want to do it without leaving their own house?

Whenever I bowl (like, thrice, ever) - half the experience is about going down to the seediest bowling alley around, putting on the [Rental Shoes of Ten Thousand Stinky Feet, and One Bleach Spray], chewing some $0.05 bubblegum that tastes mostly of plastic and baby powder, and hanging out with the grotty old sleazeballs that inhabit that hive of scum and villainy.

It's about the people watching, and the odors, and the questionable meats/cheese-pastes/stale carbs. Bowling alone in the basement of a mansion sounds like the worst past-time ever.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-01-24 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    Yeah well most modern day architects are either shit or unoriginal.
    \[/IMG]

Generally modern day architects use glass, concrete and steel because its cheap and fast, but it holds so little appeal to me. Many architects today go for that and even skip red bricks. :S
    Cant stand it, ugh.
    Not always. Look at this....

Masterpiece. Have you ever been to Dubai?

Shanghai has several pretty unique looking buildings. Granted it's nowhere near the top of my list to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Imagine if you spent 25 million on your house and then another 225 destroying low income housing !!! Wouldn't that be something.

They earned it they can spend it how they want.
    At that point I think Trump would have appointed you to his Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Yeah well when the zombie apocalypse comes Ill fart in your general direction while you are eaten.

There is no zombie apocalypse. What's with people hyping this up. Seriously know a bunch of people raving about walking dead ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Imagine if you spent 25 million on your house and then another 225 destroying low income housing !!! Wouldn't that be something.

They earned it they can spend it how they want.
    Is that a Canadian thing to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Serenity View Post
    Example:

Those are some shitty walls you got here. When the eastern nomads invade, this won't defend you for squat :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    At that point I think Trump would have appointed you to his Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
    Nah Trump has embraced the Outsider angle in all his appointments, you can only be appointed to an office now if you know absolutely nothing about the topic you are expected to preside over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Those are some shitty walls you got here. When the eastern nomads invade, this won't defend you for squat :3
    That's why we have guns! Silly...

Masterpiece. Have you ever been to Dubai?
    No, and neither will I go to Dubai.

Also, skyscrapers this tall is a dreadful waste of resources and scientific expertise. It isnt even efficient, perhaps in a valley like Hong Kong, but not in UAE which is a flat desert. They got no reason to build this tall aside from increasing the liquid flow to their tiny d**cks. I will never admire that, but I also really do loathe everything the UAE stands for. Literally everything.

Also, just a few pages ago I saw you advocate for building abit more modest than the good princes of Dubai and give the money to the poor or something. So now you suddenly admire Dubai?

Sigh, you're a troll. Why do i even answer you at this point.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-01-24 at 01:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    But how will you see them coming with all those beautiful trees in the way? You should cut them all down so you have a clear line of sight over the barren wasteland for at least a kilometer in every direction.

Did he earn that money through non-criminal methods?

Yes? Then I don't give a shit what he spends it on.

Anyway, don't really mind that house. The garden and the interior design (OK, the stairs look nice) is kinda shit though. Dafaq is that giant camera? It looks like it was made by Swarovsky while he was on acid. And 21 bathrooms is excessive even when you have a harem.

And they have corpses ridden with Black Death they are going to haul over those puny walls of your from a distance and watch you die with your guns in hands while not lifting a finger. Checkmate Texas. The south won't rise again now.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-01-24 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    No, and neither will I go to Dubai.

Also, skyscrapers this tall is a dreadful waste of resources and scientific expertise. It isnt even efficient, perhaps in a valley like Hong Kong, but not in UAE which is a flat desert. They got no reason to build this tall aside from increasing the liquid flow to their tiny d**cks. I will never admire that, but I also really do loathe everything the UAE stands for. Literally everything.

Also, just a few pages ago I saw you advocate for building abit more modest than the good princes of Dubai and give the money to the poor or something. So now you suddenly admire Dubai?

Sigh, you're a troll. Why do i even answer you at this point.
    I never said I admire their extravagance but I'm interested in architecture so of course, if possible, I would like to visit the country and be amazed.

Skyscrapers are very useful as tourist attractions and when real estate is at a premium. There's a reason top tier cities like Toronto and others have so many sky scrapers. You can't just build homes hundreds of km away from the city centre.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't just build homes hundreds of km away from the city centre.
    You could, but then you end up with LA traffic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You could, but then you end up with LA traffic.
    Exactly why skyscrapers are needed as I was explaining to the previous poster.