Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Cloak if you're using Recurrent.

In other news; updated the sim website I've been working on quite a bit and gave it a newer name to better reflect the relevance of the information on there. Legendary sims now include Feretory (Please read the disclaimer I have listed about it as well) and changed all item levels to 940....Trinket sim was redone to reflect the Whispers nerf;

Can i get a link to the numbers for that chart? Its hard to follow as it for me. Id prefer just to have the source with the trinekt name, ilvl, and the next to it. Thanks.

Deleted
    Man awesome awesome work with the guide and the trinkets specifically. Blizz is buffing many of them tomorrow tho so numbers might change ?

Anyways, good openers for builds with Darkglare synergy/service ?

Deleted
    I got a couple of questions.

First one is kinda finicky and might be hard to answer, but here goes. I got Recurrents, and I allways run Demonic Calling, so when Demonic Calling procs my Dreadstalkers give me 2 soul shards rather than costing. This sometimes causes this to happen:
    I'm at 5 soul shards, I got another soul shard coming in the next 3 seconds from doom, Dreadstalkers just came off cooldown and Demonic Calling is procced. So I cast Hand of Gul'dan, I drop to 1 Soul shard. Then I cast Dreadstalkers and as the cast finnish my doom procs so I jump to 4 soul shards.
    Now the question is, is it better to cast a second Hand of Gul'dan and then use Demonic Empowerment or should I buff the first set of Imps and Dreadstalkers before summoning new ones? I could save 2 GCD's by buffing 3 sets of pets in one go, but that also mean that the first set of imps need to wait through 2 casts before getting buffed. Not sure which is better.

Second question is a bit easier. I got a 885 Twisting Wind with a socket and a 890 Swarming Plaguehive with no socket, which is better? 5 iLvL's or a socket.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Can i get a link to the numbers for that chart? Its hard to follow as it for me. Id prefer just to have the source with the trinekt name, ilvl, and the next to it. Thanks.
    Seriously? This chart is the best way to view the information, its obvious and easy to ready, comparing trinkets takes like 5 seconds. Visually its much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    Seriously? This chart is the best way to view the information, its obvious and easy to ready, comparing trinkets takes like 5 seconds. Visually its much much better.
    Great for you. So I assume you're the type that if someone disagrees with you then they are wrong off the bat right? I am not the only person that has asked just for just the numbers and names. Best way for you does not make it the best of all by default.

https://notwarlock.github.io/LockOneStopShop/ From the guide.

Yeah I found it.

Great for you. So I assume you're the type that if someone disagrees with you then they are wrong off the bat right? I am not the only person that has asked just for just the numbers and names. Best way for you does not make it the best of all by default.
    I hate to chime in a pointless argument, but he's not just disagreeing to disagree. All the information you requested is literally right there on the picture that you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I got a couple of questions.

First one is kinda finicky and might be hard to answer, but here goes. I got Recurrents, and I allways run Demonic Calling, so when Demonic Calling procs my Dreadstalkers give me 2 soul shards rather than costing. This sometimes causes this to happen:
    I'm at 5 soul shards, I got another soul shard coming in the next 3 seconds from doom, Dreadstalkers just came off cooldown and Demonic Calling is procced. So I cast Hand of Gul'dan, I drop to 1 Soul shard. Then I cast Dreadstalkers and as the cast finnish my doom procs so I jump to 4 soul shards.
    Now the question is, is it better to cast a second Hand of Gul'dan and then use Demonic Empowerment or should I buff the first set of Imps and Dreadstalkers before summoning new ones? I could save 2 GCD's by buffing 3 sets of pets in one go, but that also mean that the first set of imps need to wait through 2 casts before getting buffed. Not sure which is better.

Second question is a bit easier. I got a 885 Twisting Wind with a socket and a 890 Swarming Plaguehive with no socket, which is better? 5 iLvL's or a socket.
    My guess would be that it would be more to our benefit to DE the imp and dreadstalkers before casting a second set of imps.

As a second portion to this, same scenario except Dreadstalkers is on CD. So you cast 4 imps and you get 4 shards procced, it would be better to cast the second set of 4 imps and DE both instead of DE cast second round DE?

Thanks
    Last edited by Zerduin; 2017-01-24 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Adding comments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    The numbers are probably still a pretty decent thing to have - an 885 arcanocrystal lands right in the middle of an 895 whispers, if you disliked the way whispers worked then I can see the merit to being able to see the two numbers next to each other as opposed to dealing with the bars.

Both are pretty handy in different situations - the bars are definitely better for seeing clear cut comparisons but when you have two items that are close to each other then I can see why people would want to see the numbers when making a choice on anything more complex than a stat stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The numbers are probably still a pretty decent thing to have - an 885 arcanocrystal lands right in the middle of an 895 whispers, if you disliked the way whispers worked then I can see the merit to being able to see the two numbers next to each other as opposed to dealing with the bars.

Both are pretty handy in different situations - the bars are definitely better for seeing clear cut comparisons but when you have two items that are close to each other then I can see why people would want to see the numbers when making a choice on anything more complex than a stat stick.
    Yeah but if you are that close then you would need to sim yourself anyway to know the exact way it functions with your gear. This chart is more for a quick look and "should I bonus roll this??" kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Yeah but if you are that close then you would need to sim yourself anyway to know the exact way it functions with your gear. This chart is more for a quick look and "should I bonus roll this??" kind of deal.
    Regardless, the numbers are still good to have for some. The Chart looks great and nobody is taking that away. Some people like to look at pretty pics some like to see the hard numbers. Some like cake some like pie. Does it matter why?

Doesn't matter at all and trinkets have to be redone anyway, apparently SimC had something something bugs bugs something with proc trinkets + trinkets were buffed, I'll include both when I do the sim.

@Woz one question comrade but what addon do you recommend to track the pets and shards? Because zpets is out of date and if cant be custom to be more smaller and I never used weakauras. Also another question I have Muddy Sandals but i have anothers boots which provide me more haste but is 855 ilvl, so i have to choose the boots with the rework of the stats of the 7.1.5?
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2017-01-25 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Can u do sims for legendaries on multi targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    @Woz one question comrade but what addon do you recommend to track the pets and shards? Because zpets is out of date and if cant be custom to be more smaller and I never used weakauras.
    I use Weak Auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrider View Post
    Can u do sims for legendaries on multi targets?
    They'll get done eventually, but for now Kazzak value increases exponentially with multiple targets and around 3 or more targets, Wilifred also gains in value.

[QUOTE=Woz;44330993]I use Weak Auras.

Ok i think is time to use it, so about the bouts, is more important intellect than haste right now?

Hi, been reading this forum but not sure if what i'm about to say has been discussed already, if so, please link me to it...

i've got a 882 demo warlock, crappy legendaries (norgannon and dark portal) and 38 Artifact Traits. 30% haste, 43% mastery, 18% crit. Churryasco - Quel'Thalas

i've been trying out diferent talent and rotation builds and i've found that taking out DreadStalkers from main rotation and focusing on Hand of Gul'dan would give me an average 30-50k dps gain. i'm running with Shadowy Inspiration - Impeding Doom - Hand of Doom, Service and Soul Conduit... besides, works pretty well on both, ST and AoE

could you, oh warlock god!, run a check on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I use Weak Auras.

They'll get done eventually, but for now Kazzak value increases exponentially with multiple targets and around 3 or more targets, Wilifred also gains in value.
    Yea I got these two and it kicks ass on spellblade with infernal for every add group.

Quote Originally Posted by chuchancro View Post
    Hi, been reading this forum but not sure if what i'm about to say has been discussed already, if so, please link me to it...

i've got a 882 demo warlock, crappy legendaries (norgannon and dark portal) and 38 Artifact Traits. 30% haste, 43% mastery, 18% crit. Churryasco - Quel'Thalas

i've been trying out diferent talent and rotation builds and i've found that taking out DreadStalkers from main rotation and focusing on Hand of Gul'dan would give me an average 30-50k dps gain. i'm running with Shadowy Inspiration - Impeding Doom - Hand of Doom, Service and Soul Conduit... besides, works pretty well on both, ST and AoE

could you, oh warlock god!, run a check on it?
    How are you measuring this gain in dps? It seems more likely you are executing your rotation wrongly with dreadstalker than higher damage per soulshard ability being weaker than a lower damage one.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2017-01-25 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    How are you measuring this gain in dps? It seems more likely you are executing your rotation wrongly with dreadstalker than higher damage per soulshard ability being weaker than a lower damage one.
    well, just try it out, specially if ya got like 2-3 infernal furnace relics... lemme know if yar dps changes