Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Firstly, constantly calling anyone who disagrees with you a trump supporter looks poorly on you, I'd stop.

Secondly, none of this proves that trump doing that will legitimize bad behavior. It won't make the majority of humans suddenly okay with it, and it won;t change any laws on harassment or assault. So yeah, again, your ideas are bad.
    The video I posted is the exact example that proves Trump's behavior can legitimize poor behavior. The proof is in the pudding. He spoke poorly about Mexicans, ergo small children start chanting "Build a wall" towards their minority peers. WITH SEEING THAT EXAMPLE (not alternative facts, the video is there) all of the sudden it is SUCH A STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION that if he starts talking about grabbing pussy that there won't be some men out there who start harassing women or acting badly?

I guess I'm going to have to get ready for more of this over the next four (please god not 8) years.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    If you wanna go with the literal sense, go for it. Could've been anything to have caused the parent to blurt out a curse word, but whatever... my point was the person I was quoting would've branded that parent a "bad" parent for having done so in front of a kid regardless of it not having been done intentionally, in accordance with his/her logic.

Cursing when in pain is something of a conditioned response though...and that response can be suppressed. If Catcalling has become a conditioned response...well...that itself is an issue but it can also be suppressed.

I wouldn't say it automatically makes you a bad person...but it is bad behaviour.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-01-24 at 02:29 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Is this an American thing?
    Haven't really seen it in Canada thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    glad you finally agree with me that you're a lost cause
    How cute, resorting to personal attacks now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    The video I posted is the exact example that proves Trump's behavior can legitimize poor behavior. The proof is in the pudding. He spoke poorly about Mexicans, ergo small children start chanting "Build a wall" towards their minority peers. WITH SEEING THAT EXAMPLE (not alternative facts, the video is there) all of the sudden it is SUCH A STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION that if he starts talking about grabbing pussy that there won't be some men out there who start harassing women or acting badly?

I guess I'm going to have to get ready for more of this over the next four (please god not 8) years.
    Is having sexual relations outside of your marriage legitimised?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Cursing when in pain is something of a conditioned response though...and that response can be suppressed. If Catcalling has become a conditioned response...well...that itself is an issue but it can also be suppressed.

I wouldn't say it automatically makes you a bad person...but it is bad behaviour.
    Again, intentional vs unintentional. A person could say "wow" in a low voice to themselves [private speech] when someone they find attractive passes by -- would that indirect "wow" be considered catcalling if the person heard it?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-24 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How cute, resorting to personal attacks now.
    I'm not resorting to a personal attack, I'm telling the truth. You're giving arguments equating to people accidentally murdering people and swearing in front of their children when absolutely none of that has to do with somebody being socially inept and/or dumb enough to "forcefully" say something to a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'm not resorting to a personal attack, I'm telling the truth. You're giving arguments equating to people accidentally murdering people and swearing in front of their children when absolutely none of that has to do with somebody being socially inept and/or dumb enough to "forcefully" say something to a woman.
    Whatever. Keep being the narrow minded person that you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, and you keep being inept

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Again, intentional vs unintentional. A person could say "wow" in a low voice to themselves [private speech] when someone they find attractive passes by -- would that indirect "wow" be considered catcalling if the person heard it?
    No it wouldn't be catcalling...since catcalling is done specifically to get the attention of the person...doesn't mean it's good behaviour either.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Here in Britain we've moved on to more effective methods.

https://youtu.be/yXzV-Tqu9wo?t=1m17s

okay, and you keep being inept
    Speak for yourself, jumping to conclusions -- I've not catcalled once in my life, I personally find it stupid. But God forbid there are people whom see points from all sides, unlike you. Least I can differentiate what it means to do something deliberate for attention [such as the case of the video], and accidentally due to a brain fart [such as the case of the OP]. Now whether he did it directly or indirectly I don't know, but it sounds like he typically doesn't ("out of me before my brain can filter it").

But I'm not here to defend the OP [would seem like I am, just using him as an example], I was disputing over your first post in this thread where such a thing "isn't even possible"... it's very much possible when done indirectly, resulting being audible for the other to have heard it which might've been considered catcalling to them.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-01-24 at 03:39 AM.

Yes, if it is unintentional then it means the person was careless and/or stupid enough to allow it to become an conditioned response.
    They cannot even blame their parents because by the time they become intersted in such things they are more than old enough to think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Here in Britain we've moved on to more effective methods.

https://youtu.be/yXzV-Tqu9wo?t=1m17s
    If britisch tourists are any indication all it would take is a bottle of beer plastic cup half full with Heineken :P.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-01-24 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post

Men that do that will be punished. Because, guess what? Thats already happened. He was immediately jailed and charged.

Sorry, you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Haven't really seen it in Canada thankfully.
    I have, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, if it is unintentional then it means the person was careless and/or stupid enough to allow it to become an conditioned response.
    They cannot even blame their parents because by the time they become intersted in such things they are more than old enough to think for themselves.
    I suffer from testosterone poisoning.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland