Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you don't want to answer, then don't do it.
    1. My gear is in my signature/armory link. Should i post every piece of gear in here? Doesn't make sense ...
    2. I also said, that i don't have any dps legendary and why should i wear only the shoes and nothing else, when i can wear two legendarys and do have the neck ...
    3. Thanks
    4. Thanks again, simcraft sadly wasn't always correct with the trinkets since legion and still, its not only a sim question as simming is not the same as an actual fight.

I'm sorry for asking for some opinions in a forum. My bad.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Deleted
    You do not like Monday, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Well, if you don't want to answer, then don't do it.
    1. My gear is in my signature/armory link. Should i post every piece of gear in here? Doesn't make sense ...
    2. I also said, that i don't have any dps legendary and why should i wear only the shoes and nothing else, when i can wear two legendarys and do have the neck ...
    3. Thanks
    4. Thanks again, simcraft sadly wasn't always correct with the trinkets since legion and still, its not only a sim question as simming is not the same as an actual fight.

I'm sorry for asking for some opinions in a forum. My bad.
    How you dont use FS so much? What do you hit when you cant hit BT RB? Nor 100 rage to proCC FB?

I use it all the time unless you can press any of the above, unlees there is mutiple targets i use WW

Hey guys, not sure if this was asked already but in regards to our rotation. Should we always aim to keep FB up? My problem is RB and BT are on cooldown and rampage is up however I am not at 100rage yet. I've been hitting FS as a filler and proc 100rage/FB then hitting enrage and continuing my rotation. Or should I been just hitting enraged and continue on with my rotation?
    Last edited by swoosh23; 2017-01-23 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh23 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if this was asked already but in regards to our rotation. Should we always aim to keep FB up? My problem is RB and BT are on cooldown and enrage is up however I am not at 100rage yet. I've been hitting FS as a filler and proc 100rage/FB then hitting enrage and continuing my rotation. Or should I been just hitting enraged and continue on with my rotation?
    If I understand this correctly you are asking what to do when BT and RB are on CD and you're above 85 Rage, but below 100? In this case you would hit Furious Strikes as a filler until the BT or RB CD are up. It is a DPS loss to not have FB proc. While FS does not hit hard it also boosts the Crit chance of BT, thus increasing the chance to Enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    If I understand this correctly you are asking what to do when BT and RB are on CD and you're above 85 Rage, but below 100? In this case you would hit Furious Strikes as a filler until the BT or RB CD are up. It is a DPS loss to not have FB proc. While FS does not hit hard it also boosts the Crit chance of BT, thus increasing the chance to Enrage.
    Sorry I edited my post and meant to say RB and BT are on cooldown, rampage is up however I am not at 100rage yet. FS for filler until BT or RB is up to get 100rage/FB then continue with regular rotation. Does that sound correct?

Thanks for all your work Archi, it's appreciated

A quick question for anyone that is able to assist.
    It appears the drought of souls rotation in this guide is with the 4pc equipped - without 4pc should we use BT after DoS to enrage OF? something like BC+AVA+RAMP>DoS>BT>OF>RB ? (RB doesn't actually hit inside BC i think)

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Murtrice View Post
    Thanks for all your work Archi, it's appreciated

A quick question for anyone that is able to assist.
    It appears the drought of souls rotation in this guide is with the 4pc equipped - without 4pc should we use BT after DoS to enrage OF? something like BC+AVA+RAMP>DoS>BT>OF>RB ? (RB doesn't actually hit inside BC i think)

Thanks all
    Yes, using BT to maintain enrage is priority, as outlined in the main post.

The Draught section will need to be revised slightly since it's now on the GCD, however it doesn't practically affect the general idea of the rotation; the update will come in the next day or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

"What are the best Relics?"
    Battle Cry, Raging Blow, and Enrage
    Should we take the "Battle Cry" relict three times, if possible?

Deleted
    Thank a lot Archimtiros! Do you think that something is going to change with our trinkets with upcoming trinket changes ? Or are you even planning on doing trinket sims again ?

Thanks for answer.

Hi, @Archimtiros !

How we must use DoS after last changes (binding it to GCD) ?

If not enraged.
    We still use it the same way, but with GCD delay: "BC+Ramp->Draught->..."
    Or due to long CGD of Rampage we now use BT for triggering Enrage: "BC+BT->Draught ->..."

?
    Last edited by mux; 2017-01-25 at 05:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elandrielle View Post
    Should we take the "Battle Cry" relict three times, if possible?
    http://www.wowhead.com/fury-gear-guide

short: yes!

Deleted
    On the topic of execute using Frothing Berserker :

While going Execute -> RB -> BT, I find myself slowly building rage up, be it from enrages (auto attack speed increase, don't have the head) or free executes procs.

What should I do with this rage ? I guess I have two choices, between being extra agressive on the jugg stacks, for instance when enraged, as the priority order suggests, or should I try and hover around 100 rage when I don't have BC coming up soon to proc FB pretty much as soon as it drops off ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    On the topic of execute using Frothing Berserker :

While going Execute -> RB -> BT, I find myself slowly building rage up, be it from enrages (auto attack speed increase, don't have the head) or free executes procs.

What should I do with this rage ? I guess I have two choices, between being extra agressive on the jugg stacks, for instance when enraged, as the priority order suggests, or should I try and hover around 100 rage when I don't have BC coming up soon to proc FB pretty much as soon as it drops off ?
    do what guide says, you should always execute when you rage rage to execute, so spend rage in executes while you have rage to do this and use RB and BT as rage builders to more executes only to have more stacks of juggernaut in your BC burst window.

TL,DR - execute more than one time in a row if you have rage to do it

Deleted
    Thing is, why would I do this (other than "because the guide says so") ?

Let's say :

• I get out of BC with low rage
    • I'm in execute phase

I now have a 45 seconds window to stack juggernaut as high as possible, and a set number of execute I can possibly cast during that 45 seconds window. Let's say for the sake of reflexion it's 15 casts.

If I go more aggressive on the executes, it's less BT or RB casts, thus less enrage (aka less rage ie less potential execute casts) or less damage from RB.
    If I stagger these executes and let rage build up, I may benefit from some uptime on FB without wasting execute casts, and I can still dump all my rage in the few GCDs before BC, probably while being under the effects of FB.

In the end I'll still cast as many executes during that 45 seconds window as I would have, and some of my damage during that time will benefit from FB. From experience once I'm back to 100 rage (takes around 20-25 seconds) I got around 80% uptime on FB without delaying casts so as not to waste rage.

Am I missing something else that would prompt me towards using all of my rage asap ?

Once you have Convergence of Fates your window for building up and exhausting your Rage will be in the 30-35 second range, meaning if it takes you 20-25 seconds to build up to 100 Rage you'll only have 5-10 seconds to spend it all. That's a tall order between Sense Death procs and continued Rage generation, leading to wasted Rage.

Beyond that you probably need to generate an APL and simulate your strategy versus others. There's lots of little things that could be costing DPS you aren't able to observe during play (things like the DPS loss from hitting Raging Blow during Enrage instead of Execute, the small bits of rage lost when proccing Frothing Berserker, or actually ending up with fewer Executes when you thought it all evened out).

For my part I typically try to have a small margin of Rage rather than playing off the bottom of the bar. It helps guard against dry spells and means I can dump if I happen to Enrage or refresh ahead of an interruption.

@Archimtiros , or anyone I guess. Can you talk about Whirlwind and it's priority? I no in multi target situations it takes FS's spot. But is there any more too it than that? How do you use it in mass AoE? Does it ever overtake RB? Is the cleaving of BT or RP an important piece to monitor, and if so, which do I want to cleave? Just general shit, sorry if its a dumb question.

Not sure if it's been stated, but I assume that Draught favors using Frothing Berserker, since tht gives 15% more damage to a very high damage effect.

@Archimtiros, i have a question about DoS usage after GCD fix

You say:

Without 4p:
    • BC+Ramp -> Draught -> BT -> RB -> OF

Okay.
    But i noticed that last two ticks of DoS are not buffed by Enrage in this case.

And if we activate Enrage with BT ("BC+BT -> Draught"), all DoS ticks are enraged.

For example in my gear the difference is 7.7m VS 8.1m for one DoS usage (with all buffs Avatara etc).

So, the question is:
    We lose some rage if we stay with rage cap in BT-variant. Ok.
    But in Ramp-variant we have 2-3 weak ticks of DoS.
    Is Ramp-variant still better?

Quote Originally Posted by mux View Post
    @Archimtiros, i have a question about DoS usage after GCD fix

You say:

Without 4p:
    • BC+Ramp -> Draught -> BT -> RB -> OF

Okay.
    But i noticed that last two ticks of DoS are not buffed by Enrage in this case.

And if we activate Enrage with BT ("BC+BT -> Draught"), all DoS ticks are enraged.

For example in my gear the difference is 7.7m VS 8.1m for one DoS usage (with all buffs Avatara etc).

So, the question is:
    We lose some rage if we stay with rage cap in BT-variant. Ok.
    But in Ramp-variant we have 2-3 weak ticks of DoS.
    Is Ramp-variant still better?
    Enrage lasts 4s, Draught lasts 3s. Unless the GCD on your BT is <1s, some of that Draught damage is going to fall out regardless.

The question is how much will fall out, and that's going to be based on your personal amount of Haste; if you have enough, Rampage's GCD will be shortened (and it always will be during Lust) enough to fight most/all of Draught in.

The main problem with using BT first isn't that you lose a little bit of rage gen, it's that the delay in spending rage delays the next Frothing proc. Due to this, in all of my testing, using BT first and Rampage later has come out a loss.