Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Cast Moonfire for 100 damage
    Cast Moonfire for 105 damage
    Cast Moonfire for 110 damage

etc. You'll probably receive a buff that ups the direct damage, buff stacks 5 times.
    And how will the buff fall off? Will you always have 5 stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Most likely something to do with the haste increases you get during the fight. Entering the speed field on Elisande and using ExtraActionButton on Gul'dan reduces CD of your abilities in addition to giving you haste. Game client thinks you have a charge of Moon but server doesn't register it.

I'd send a bug report.
    This is happening to several classes. Fire Mages Fireblast and Shadow Priest Mind Blasts are having the same issue where the UI will show you have an available charge but the game won't actually let you use it. It's super annoying, i've just started getting in the habit of only using moonmoon once it shows 2 charges are available. It probably also affects Sidewinder for Markshunters but i haven't heard anything directly from them claiming it's an issue.

Since i think it affects any ability with charges i'm sure blizzard has plenty of bug reports open for it already.

Just throwing it out here

Love Balance so far in NH

Deleted
    Okay got 4set and metronome. 26.35% haste with foodbuff. How am I supposed to even?

Give me IFE so I can replace prydaz with skorpyron neck and maybe I could get somewhere close.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-01-23 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Okay got 4set and metronome. 26.35% haste with foodbuff. How am I supposed to even?

Give me IFE so I can replace prydaz with skorpyron neck and maybe I could get somewhere close.
    Do you have ed?

10+ Year Old Account
    The unable to cast bug was happening to me when Gul'dan was either on the edge of the Eye, or when I was casting over the Eye. Could be an issue where the spell is getting an odd LoS error.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post

Do you have the three pieces with haste (Shoulders, Legs, Cloak I think)? and what do your rings look like haste wise?

I am really disappointed in our Tier stats. Hopefully this isn't a problem with the right combo of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Cast Moonfire for 100 damage
    Cast Moonfire for 105 damage
    Cast Moonfire for 110 damage

etc. You'll probably receive a buff that ups the direct damage, buff stacks 5 times.
    Wax and Wane: Moonfire increases the direct damage of your next Moonfire by 5%. This effect stacks 5 times.

This generally means it only affects a single spell and then falls off regardless of time left.

I guess you get a damage buff when you refresh your Moonfire? Seems kind of pointless

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastho View Post
    Circadian Invocation: Moonfire applies a stacking vulnerability (1% per stack, maximum 6) to Arcane damage. Sunfire applies a stacking vulnerability (1% per stack, maximum 6) to Nature damage.

Anyone know how this one works? Does the dot also apply the stacks? Or just the direct moonfires/sunfires? It would almost be a flat 6% ST dmg buff if the dot also applies the stacks
    So this could potentially make moonkins "mandatory" for a raid if the debuff also works for other friendlies, like arcane mages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    So this could potentially make moonkins "mandatory" for a raid if the debuff also works for other friendlies, like arcane mages etc.
    While having "mandatory" boomkin in raid sounds awesome I'm 100% sure it won't affect anyone else except boomkin himself, it won't fly in WoW-2017. It could fly back in BC/WotLK with things like magic debuff on boss that was only applied by warlocks (not sure even every spec could apply Curse of Elements) or one DK spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    Do you have the three pieces with haste (Shoulders, Legs, Cloak I think)? and what do your rings look like haste wise?

I am really disappointed in our Tier stats. Hopefully this isn't a problem with the right combo of gear.
    Nah, I got cucked by Tichondrius for shoulders so I'm stuck with the gloves (puke). Rest is in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wax and Wane: Moonfire increases the direct damage of your next Moonfire by 5%. This effect stacks 5 times.

This generally means it only affects a single spell and then falls off regardless of time left.
    This effect stacks 5 times. Pretty clear IMO, except we don't know how long the buff will take to fall off.

First moonfire : you gain a stack, next moonfire gets +5% direct damage.
    Second moonfire : benefits from 1 stack, gain a second stack, next moonfire gets +10% direct damage.
    Third moonfire : benefits from 2 stacks, gain a third stack.
    Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    This effect stacks 5 times. Pretty clear IMO, except we don't know how long the buff will take to fall off.

First moonfire : you gain a stack, next moonfire gets +5% direct damage.
    Second moonfire : benefits from 1 stack, gain a second stack, next moonfire gets +10% direct damage.
    Third moonfire : benefits from 2 stacks, gain a third stack.
    Etc.
    "Next" Moonfire. Not all of them, just the next one you cast. That's what makes it confusing, since it renders the stacks pointless unless you get them from dot ticks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    While having "mandatory" boomkin in raid sounds awesome I'm 100% sure it won't affect anyone else except boomkin himself, it won't fly in WoW-2017. It could fly back in BC/WotLK with things like magic debuff on boss that was only applied by warlocks (not sure even every spec could apply Curse of Elements) or one DK spec.
    So how do you explain the buff traits on some other classes, then?

I´m not even sure that nature and arkan buffs would make moonkin mandatory. Only "if" you have the appropiate classes in your roster, which benefit from it.

Its strange they wanted away from "we need x specc/class because of buff y", but personally i really like(d) those.
    Will be annoying if you yourself profit from buff y from specc/class z and you dont have those in your raid...
    But with the padding experience nh is, it wont really matter that much if you are after logs. Can get them on some fights only with padding anyway.

With all the buffs to the AoE-trinkets do you guys think we will use some of them over whisper and metronom (or high haste stat stick from heyla if somebody has those/arcanocristal)?
    Star Gate with base int maybe on first boss/botanist maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    NH heroic: what fights should I spec single target?
    Chronomatic Anomaly, Trilliax, Krosus and maybe Etraeus?
    Tichondrius is pretty hard for us also... maybe him too?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Stellar Drift might be worth it on Chronomatic Anomaly if you remember to pool AsP for the 4 add pile, otherwise it's pretty much priority/single target fight so ST build there.

Trillax and Krosus are pure ST fights, no special there.

Etraeus is also single target fight for all intents and purposes. There are adds only in the last phase and the big add has to be kept too far away from boss to be cleaved, and it's a priority target for it's lifetime. Small adds will just die to passive cleave and don't warrant for AoE build.

Tichondrius depends on your group, your tactics and your legendaries. If your group has big burst AoE your longtime sustained AoE has no time to shine. If you have ED, just go full ST and focus on boss. Especially true with the tier set bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Stellar Drift might be worth it on Chronomatic Anomaly if you remember to pool AsP for the 4 add pile, otherwise it's pretty much priority/single target fight so ST build there.

Trillax and Krosus are pure ST fights, no special there.

Etraeus is also single target fight for all intents and purposes. There are adds only in the last phase and the big add has to be kept too far away from boss to be cleaved, and it's a priority target for it's lifetime. Small adds will just die to passive cleave and don't warrant for AoE build.

Tichondrius depends on your group, your tactics and your legendaries. If your group has big burst AoE your longtime sustained AoE has no time to shine. If you have ED, just go full ST and focus on boss. Especially true with the tier set bonuses.
    Could you maybe tell me why Gebuz says run Stellar drift on every fight in NH then? Not that I don't believe you but its to very different opinions..

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    These are just my recommendations, you can also check Warcraft logs / Gebuz guide
    Skorpyron - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Chronomatic Anomaly - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Trilliax - Single Target - Starlord / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / incarnation / blessing of the ancients / nature's balance
    Spellblade - Heavy AoE - Starlord / Renewal / Guardian affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Tichondrius - Heavy AoE - Force of Nature / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Star Augur - Cleave - Starlord / wild charge / guardian affinity / typhoon / incarnation / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Krosus - Single Target - Starlord / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / incarnation / blessing of the ancients / nature's balance
    High Botanist - Heavy AoE - Warrior of Elune / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Elisande - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Guldan - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Could you maybe tell me why Gebuz says run Stellar drift on every fight in NH then? Not that I don't believe you but its to very different opinions..
    From my understanding he put the talent selection in his guide prior to running the fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowa View Post
    These are just my recommendations, you can also check Warcraft logs / Gebuz guide
    Skorpyron - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Chronomatic Anomaly - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Trilliax - Single Target - Starlord / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / incarnation / blessing of the ancients / nature's balance
    Spellblade - Heavy AoE - Starlord / Renewal / Guardian affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Tichondrius - Heavy AoE - Force of Nature / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Star Augur - Cleave - Starlord / wild charge / guardian affinity / typhoon / incarnation / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Krosus - Single Target - Starlord / Wild Charge / feral affinity / typhoon / incarnation / blessing of the ancients / nature's balance
    High Botanist - Heavy AoE - Warrior of Elune / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Elisande - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift
    Guldan - Heavy AoE - Starlord / wild charge / feral affinity / typhoon / soul of the forest / shooting stars / stellar drift

- - - Updated - - -

From my understanding he put the talent selection in his guide prior to running the fights.
    Thats fair enough, I am still very new to Balance (only played it for 1 full normal raid and a few heroic bosses so far) so I have been following guides mostly at this stage till I feel more confident. Its a lot of fun to play though, hope I get better! Can't seem to crack the 88% so far :P.