Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Punching anyone is wrong, unless it is done in self-defense.

That said... If I take a camera right now, go outside and start shoving it in everyone's face, chances are, at best, someone will call the police soon, and at worst, someone will knock my teeth out. Why are reporters allowed to violate people's private space like this without any repercussions? When you have cases like this...

... you know that something is wrong with the rules.
    There's no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public space. Morally, you'd be a bastard or an asshole for shoving your camera in somebody's face (as in RIGHT in their face), but unless physical contact was made by you, they're not legally doing anything wrong.

I personally just don't feel that violence is necessary or acceptable for ANYTHING except as a response to violence or the threat of violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    If there is a crazy woman attacking me with a knife, yes, I'll do whatever I need to to protect myself. But if it's just pushing and beating, and I'm obviously in no danger of getting injured, why would I knock someone out? Just because I'm stronger?
    One punch can kill, man. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt because they look weaker, all it takes is a lucky hit to somewhere to knock your brain around and have your forehead eat the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    There's no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public space. Morally, you'd be a bastard or an asshole for shoving your camera in somebody's face (as in RIGHT in their face), but unless physical contact was made by you, they're not legally doing anything wrong.

I personally just don't feel that violence is necessary or acceptable for ANYTHING except as a response to violence or the threat of violence.

- - - Updated - - -

One punch can kill, man. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt because they look weaker, all it takes is a lucky hit to somewhere to knock your brain around and have your forehead eat the concrete.
    Exactly, I'm not risking going to jail for life because "lolz gender equality, I can hit you, if you hit me." The chances of a man's punch seriously injuring a woman are much higher than the other way around. And you better believe the jury/judge will not believe in a man's self-defense story, even if it's true. Unless it's a life or death situation, I'm not gonna punch a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is no other footage but this one.

So who really knows. If she was, that's obviously wrong and illegal.
    Someone should have punched that fucker's lights out.

But Rebel Media are basically trolls who go to places to stir shit up, so I take literally everything they do with a grain of salt. It'd be like if Brianna Wu said she was punched by a Trump supporter calling her a Tranny. Rebel Media is acting like their entire news organization is under some threat right now with how they've put out bounties on the guy's head and are going to "serve him a massive lawsuit."
    Provocative news tends to do that, but that is not called trolling. And it's not illegal either.... just saying. But grain of salt or not, they are usually in the right, and when they aren't it is a mistake on details, though they have a pronounced bias, as does every news organization.

I'd like a little more evidence than just seeing him hit the camera.
    It is not an unreasonable assumption that a cocksucker punches a camera that it is going to hit the person holding the fucking camera. And he DID irrefutably hit the camera.

Because the person being hit responded in a way that didn't really seem like the way one would if you got socked in the face.
    What should she have done differently? Drop the camera and tear after him? Shoot him? (that wouldn't have pissed me off any, personally, but.. laws, I know....) I'd say it was a surprising move, and it took her by surprise, so it isn't out of the ordinary at all in my not so humble but correct opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Punched the Camera which hit her in the face I believe? I mean that seems logical.
    correct...

Guy had a right to ask for his privacy, although the crowd cheering for him as he punched her is...well, yeah I don't get that.
    wrong!!!

By law, when you are out in public, you have no expectation of privacy not to be filmed in public or asked questions in public. If this was the case, news reporters everywhere would just be shit out of luck if the verbal phrase "no comment" was replaced with "I want my privacy!" and it was lawful. That right there defeats the purpose of free speech. What a news reporter or anyone else can not do is, continue following someone and asking them more questions when they refuse to answer, threaten others with harm, violence, death or destruction of personal property, and they are not allowed by law to summon a mob on someone for ANY reason. What the reporter did up to that point was not illegal, in fact, nothing she did was against the law, but the cocksucker that struck her camera was in the wrong, and it wouldn't piss me off at all if he got the shit beat out of him for it, because I am an eye and a tooth for an eye sort.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Exactly, I'm not risking going to jail for life because "lolz gender equality, I can hit you, if you hit me." The chances of a man's punch seriously injuring a woman are much higher than the other way around. And you better believe the jury/judge will not believe in a man's self-defense story, even if it's true. Unless it's a life or death situation, I'm not gonna punch a woman.
    Defending yourself doesn't always equate to punches or striking. I've found bearhugs work exceptionally well on weaker opponents, but only from behind, otherwise they bite you.

I'm not advocating rocking somebody like a hurricane because they glanced your chin with a wild throw, I'm advocating defending yourself no matter who it is trying to hurt you. Whether it's a skinny, weak woman, skinny weak man or a dude jacked on a cocktail of growth hormones and steroids, a person should ALWAYS defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I agree, the response was hypocritical and scummy.

That doesn't change the fact that Rebel Media constantly is stirring the pot and trying to start shit, and with this unclear tape showing what was actually hit, I'm certainly not going to just blindly accept their claim that feeds exactly into the narrative they've been shitting out for the last year.
    Rebel media doesn't "Start shit". Did you here any of the reporters try to incite violence or threaten harm on anyone else? No?!? Slander the fucker? Again, nada?? Well, there you go. The truth is a mother fucker, but it only hurts those who know what they are doing is wrong, evil, or unconscionable; everyone else can just laugh it off, or do a 180 on them Milo Yiannopoulos style, or other things exposing their shit positions for what they are and making the person look like the tard that he is.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Ah yes, let violence beget violence. Perfect.

Provocative news tends to do that, but that is not called trolling. And it's not illegal either.... just saying. But grain of salt or not, they are usually in the right, and when they aren't it is a mistake on details, though they have a pronounced bias, as does every news organization.
    No, it pretty much is trolling in real life. Also where did I say it was illegal? Also the idea that "They're usually in the right" is a joke, but its also irrelevant to the conversation. You seem to have actually missed the point in what I said in this bit. Its that they're deliberately provocative, so I'm going to take their claims with a grain of salt when it directly feeds into the narrative they spew to a tee.

Also, you do realize that "provocative" basically equates to trolling, right?

Trolling: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Provocative: causing annoyance, anger, or another strong reaction, especially deliberately.

They're real life trolls, exactly identical to Milo Yiannopolis you mention later on.

It is not an unreasonable assumption that a cocksucker punches a camera that it is going to hit the person holding the fucking camera. And he DID irrefutably hit the camera.
    Except there's a difference between hitting a piece of equipment because they're being focused on and trying to actually hit the person. Yes, usually you're going to get hit with a backlash from your equipment being hit, but the intentions are wholly different. And in law, intention is almost the sole deciding factor on illegality. Also I never said he didn't hit the camera. I said the opposite.

What should she have done differently? Drop the camera and tear after him? Shoot him? (that wouldn't have pissed me off any, personally, but.. laws, I know....) I'd say it was a surprising move, and it took her by surprise, so it isn't out of the ordinary at all in my not so humble but correct opinion.
    I like how your knee-jerk response to assholes is to escalate it to even worse violence. I didn't say she should have done something differently. I said her reaction was strange. Especially since the video doesn't just immediately end when she's hit, which then I would be more receptive to the whole "She was stunned" claim. Since, yes, you get stunned for a moment when you're punched in the face. My point here was that its a bit odd that she didn't seem to have the normal violent reaction to being deliberately hit in the face, and only after everything happened, decided to (online, of course ) go around and say she was hit with a powerful attack.

Rebel media doesn't "Start shit". Did you here any of the reporters try to incite violence or threaten harm on anyone else? No?!? Slander the fucker? Again, nada?? Well, there you go. The truth is a mother fucker, but it only hurts those who know what they are doing is wrong, evil, or unconscionable; everyone else can just laugh it off, or do a 180 on them Milo Yiannopoulos style, or other things exposing their shit positions for what they are and making the person look like the tard that he is.
    Yes, they do. They clearly do. Whether it's walking-joke-of-a-Human-Being Gavin McInnes doing the same thing that just happened to one of their own reporters, starting fights, or its Lauren Southern showing up just to act like a cunt at women's rights parade (Not that I even agree with the parade's politics) or Lauren Southern saying she's legally a man just to be an asshole in a conversation with a SJW, ect. There are many other examples.

You do realize you can be a shit stirrer while still not breaking the law, right? I mean, them breaking the law would be antithetical to what they're trying to accomplish. They're trying to get a violent reaction from people they disagree with by being as big of assholes as possible. Essentially they're trolling for the exact reaction they got. I like how everybody is ignoring the fact that Rebel Media had their camera right in the guy's face and clearly things had been happening before the recording that has gone everywhere began.

And ONCE AGAIN, that doesn't excuse his behavior or me saying that the woman was asking for it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-24 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Punching anyone is wrong, unless it is done in self-defense.

That said... If I take a camera right now, go outside and start shoving it in everyone's face, chances are, at best, someone will call the police soon, and at worst, someone will knock my teeth out. Why are reporters allowed to violate people's private space like this without any repercussions? When you have cases like this...

... you know that something is wrong with the rules.
    I loved that guy, was funny as hell smoking crack on camera. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like she's hit, even if it is behind the camera, still a hit.

Quite disgusting attitude, though. I mean, you could've just walked away, sounded like they were talking/doing something else that wasn't about him.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

One punch can kill, man. Don't give them the benefit of the doubt because they look weaker, all it takes is a lucky hit to somewhere to knock your brain around and have your forehead eat the concrete
    By that logic your punch can kill her too especially since yours is stronger. I mean come on will you hit a kid as well?

I wrestled with my gf and did pillow fights and what not. Her strenght is barely comparable with my own, so why on earth would I hit her?! If a woman would attack me id just pin her down or leave.
    Unless ofc she has a knife or is a trained martial arts or weight lifter i would never strike a woman. But then again thats the way i was raised.

If there is a crazy woman attacking me with a knife, yes, I'll do whatever I need to to protect myself. But if it's just pushing and beating, and I'm obviously in no danger of getting injured, why would I knock someone out? Just because I'm stronger?
    I'm sorry, but you're not "obviously in no danger of getting injured". If a woman goes as far as to start assaulting a man, then she's unstable and capable of anything. Want to get a sneaky kick in the nuts and become sterile/develop cancer? Or to lose an eye to her nails or whatever else sharp object she might be in posession of? Or to even misstep due to pressure, fall badly and obtain a serious injury? My point here is, women are still human beings which are far from harmless. I obviously value my own well-being more than well-being of a woman assaulting me.
    As for the "knocking out" part - noone is asking you to do that. Apply only as much force as necessary in order to stop the assault without risking yourself too much.

The chances of a man's punch seriously injuring a woman are much higher than the other way around.
    You should control the power of your punches. No need to hit her like it's a life or death situation, do so with just enough power to stop her and make her come to her senses.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    I mean come on will you hit a kid as well?
    If a random kid on the street continuously tried to kick me and his parents were not in the line of sight or just cba to interfere, the kid would definitely get a yell or, if ineffective, cuff on the nape from me (the latter with the exception of him being too young to realize what he's doing).
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-01-24 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    You can't really blame those women, they couldn't identify him as a man so didn't make the connection.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post

- - - Updated - - -

correct...

wrong!!!

By law, when you are out in public, you have no expectation of privacy not to be filmed in public or asked questions in public. If this was the case, news reporters everywhere would just be shit out of luck if the verbal phrase "no comment" was replaced with "I want my privacy!" and it was lawful. That right there defeats the purpose of free speech. What a news reporter or anyone else can not do is, continue following someone and asking them more questions when they refuse to answer, threaten others with harm, violence, death or destruction of personal property, and they are not allowed by law to summon a mob on someone for ANY reason. What the reporter did up to that point was not illegal, in fact, nothing she did was against the law, but the cocksucker that struck her camera was in the wrong, and it wouldn't piss me off at all if he got the shit beat out of him for it, because I am an eye and a tooth for an eye sort.
    Regardless of what the law says, if you piss someone off you can't always expect someone to just be cool about it and walk away. It seemed from that short footage that the reporter had gotten him riled up prior to the start of that video, so this is based on that assumption. I'll condemn him for striking the camera, and he should be punished based on how the law dictates he should, but it's not shocking to me that he did it and it shouldn't have been to that reporter either...I highly doubt that in her line of work with that particular "news" show that she hasn't experience similar reactions. Doing what she does, she'd have to be a fucking idiot to not expect some kind of backlash from sticking a camera in someones face and trying to force them to answer questions they clearly have no interest in answering.

He made a poor decision, that doesn't mean his reaction wasn't to be somewhat expected. Expecting everyone to abide by the letter of the law, all day every day is totally unreasonable and not even remotely practical.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hitting the camera (which apparently hit her, but he didn't punch her in the face from what I see) is wrong, okay - sure.

But the reason not a single person came to her defense there - is because she's from The Rebel.

For the non-Canadians out there - The Rebel is a troll team who claim to be a news outlet. People call them Breitbart North, but that's actually not fair to Breitbart.... and that should pretty much tell you everything you need to know. Their modus operandi is to do everything shy of hitting people to stir shit up, then catch it on camera. The Rebel is Canada's equivalent of Richard Spencer.

Note how they start the video without the previous 30 minutes of her (almost assuredly) harassing people.

That doesn't make hitting her camera (and her by proxy) acceptable behaviour - but the look on everyone in the crowds face was pretty clearly, "you deserve worse" - and as far as my judgment goes - I'll take the reaction of the bystanders as better testament to the true nature of what transpired, rather than the assuredly biased film editting / opinion of The Rebel any day.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-01-24 at 09:37 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1eb9vQ1vAk

I come from Romania and we don't have much feminism here. But I was grown up with the idea that no matter what you should never hit a woman.

He was at a rally for womens rights on public property. The reporter did have the right to ask him questions and film him and if he did not like it he could of just walked away.

But for some reason, its not the act of him punching her that shocked me the most, its how every one around him was not bothered by it but instead started victim blaming the reporter who got punched saying "She is the problem".

So I guess feminism is about setting women free as long as they have "the right opinions" ?

My question is. Does any one find this in any way acceptable? Could he not just have walked away if he did not like the reporter? And if you think what he did is justified, are there any other cases where hiting a woman is ok?
    But hitting a man is socially acceptable? It is this kind of dichotomy that has so many people rejecting modern feminism, because it isn't about equality, its about superiority. Its about oppressing your oppressors, victims becoming aggressors. It has become man hating, modern feminism is a hate group and the propaganda they spread is hate speech.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

If you want to be treated equally, then prepare for EQUAL treatment. That means if I can't hit some male reporter and you not think twice about it, there is a problem with your logic.

Violence should be unacceptable regardless of who the victim or assailant is.

10+ Year Old Account
    He slapped the camera. He didn't punch her in the face, but honesty doesn't matter to the right wing anymore, so we get threads like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair - perhaps this is also a case of cultural differences. In Canada, hockey has habituated us all that the occasional punch to the face for getting out of line is - while deserving of a trip to the penalty box - not uncommon or entirely discouraged (in sport). Our tolerance for gun violence is way, way, way lower - but hitting (note: when it causes only minor disorientation or bruising, not full-on assault) is probably more culturally acceptable up here than it is south of our border.

Also worth considering that we have a cultural affinity for not-being-an-asshole - which she was almost assuredly violating against him.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Pretty funny though a male feminist hitting a woman
    Equality, I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Also worth considering that we have a cultural affinity for not-being-an-asshole - which she was almost assuredly violating against him.
    What are you saying? A reporter, asking questions of people at a rally is being an asshole?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What are you saying? A reporter, asking questions of people at a rally is being an asshole?
    A reporter for The Rebel? Probably.

I mean, I'm surprised paparazzi don't get punched more, and I consider The Rebel worse than them. I'm surprised they don't just have a video playlist on their youtube of every time their reporters get punched.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    A reporter for The Rebel? Probably.

I mean, I'm surprised paparazzi don't get punched more, and I consider The Rebel worse than them. I'm surprised they don't just have a video playlist on their youtube of every time their reporters get punched.
    Yeh, I disagree. From what was shown, there is only one asshole and it wasn't the reporter. Doesn't matter if the reporter is from some rag, they have every right to be there, record them, comment about them and ask them questions.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh, I disagree. From what was shown, there is only one asshole and it wasn't the reporter. Doesn't matter if the reporter is from some rag, they have every right to be there, record them, comment about them and ask them questions.
    I'm not denying hitting her camera/her was the wrong move, like I said - at the very least it's physical harassment, if not assault. With that said, while she is absolutely within her rights to film publicly - filming people who clearly don't want to be filmed, repeatedly asking questions from people who have told you to fuck off, etc - maybe it's just a Canadian thing - but not a single person in that crowd batted an eyelash when it happened.

If your intent as a reporter is to provoke people until they punch you - and then use the footage to take your shitty rag viral - so you can play the victim - that's very different than say, punching Wolf Blitzer during an otherwise calm interview because you don't like his face. What he did is illegal, what she did is not - but the severity of infraction is relative to the norms of the culture and circumstance under which it happens.

Her behaviour was (very likely) uncouth, his behaviour was clearly illegal but neither severe (in physicality) nor uncommon (ex. hockey). Assholes get punched up here, that's a thing. It doesn't change the law of it, but the cultural expectation was clearly different.