Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when the world ended in nuclear hellfire during the 80s because Reagan wouldn't play nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    >"United States should stick to its own and not be involved in the conflicts of other countries like Russia or the EU"
    >"We need to stick it to China as hard and fast as possible, even if it means war!"

Oh Trump supporters. How will they mentally rectify this one?
    Its international onal waters that our own boats travel through. Its not hard to figure out why trump and obama agree its a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    (Not even a week in power)... and he got more fat-chicks to walk then Michele Obama did in 8 years.

Well, that's the real achivement here.
    The third thread I'm reading this line in. It's not that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The third thread I'm reading this line in. It's not that funny.
    True its not funny just like the joke about the ten year old but there will always be groups of ppl who will think somethin unfunny is funny.

So you're both ignoring the statements of US intelligence agencies in regards to Russia and instead siding on flimsy knowledge of Chinese trade dealings and using that as your "mental escape route?"

mkay.
    When the intelligence agencies provide any evidence of Russians having caused voter fraud I'll take them seriously. That's not classified information if it has happened - that is in the public interest and should be tried publically in court. Do you disagree?

As for China intimidating their neighbours, trying to block trade routes, and claiming islands they themselves built as well as manipulating currency, this is very commonly known facts, and China was tried at the UN and were told they have no rights to the islands they have built. The "south China sea" is not, in fact, a part of China. China has also been harassing Japan in the East China Sea and Korea in the Yellow Sea.

This problem has been brewing for years all over the place there. It's been in mainstream news papers from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, and even Indonesia has gotten in on the action.

China was tried for this BS at the UN and they lost, their claim to the islands they have built is not legitimate. This is something that China promptly ignored.

That means China is inhabiting and building military bases all over the South China Sea in particular illegally, and they are using them to intimidate surrounding countries with the prospect of trade blockades.

Do the surrounding countries, many of whom are close allies of the US, not have a right to respond? And in what world does the US not have an interest in defending their allies against Chinese aggression?

Once you riddle me the two questions in bold I just might start taking your PoV more seriously.

Why are we surprised that the man-child who wants to kill the family of terrorists, bomb the shit out of the Middle East, says that more countries should have nukes, and has supported every recent US war, wants to start a war?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The peace candidate.
    Trump is a strong pro-peace, pro-life, pro-security person. I respect him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Troops Backing Trump By 3-to-1 Margin Over Clinton. ... The survey, released Wednesday, shows of more than 1,300 active-duty members of the National Guard or Reserve, 67 percent plan to vote for Trump compared with 21 percent who say they will vote for Clinton.Nov 2, 2016

And a lot of Trump voters. Not everyone in the US is anti-American.
    I wasn't talking about the military. Wars of that scale require the support of civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Trump is a strong pro-peace, pro-life, pro-security person. I respect him for that.
    Yeah, and no one respects women more than he does!

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That is true in the long run. However, the US Navy would be able to destroy those islands - they are barely above sea level as it is - and whatever China might send out to protect them. Muscle flexed, mission accomplished.

Now I am not saying this is what they should do, but I can see how they may decide this conflict could be wrapped up quickly. The military part, that is, because there would be repercussions.
    Doing so would be considered an act of war by the Chinese government and we'd be embroiled in a long war with them and their allies. And the US being the aggressor wouldn't be able to invoke article 5 of NATO.

Japan would be the real loser here since their alliance with the US requires them to go to war with China if the US does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    More like the pees candidate, amirite?

Lol

Or... The Golden Child. ?

"Pro-peace"

Is that why he's going around antagonizing a bunch of countries like China, Mexico, and Palestine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "Pro-peace"

Is that why he's going around antagonizing a bunch of countries like China, Mexico, and Palestine?
    China and Palestine are anti-peace (check how many attack Palestine did against peaceful Israel). Mexico - I disagree with him on that mater. But you need power to preserve peace.

China and Palestine are anti-peace. Mexico - I disagree with him on that mater. But you need power to preserve peace.
    Funny considering China isn't the one that invaded Iraq on false pretenses and massively destabilized the region.

If Palestine is anti-peace then so is Israel.

China is a bully that need to be taught a lesson from someone powerful. I can't stand China and it's politicians. I fear that country way more then some IS cockroach group.
    When has China done something good?

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    China is a bully that need to be taught a lesson from someone powerful. I can't stand China and it's politicians. I fear that country way more then some IS cockroach group.
    The US is also a bully. Should we be taught a lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    China is a great country with wonderful people.

Their politicians are insane though, and will murder dissidents in the thousands and even harvest their organs for transplants every single day.

China, sadly, does not have a government that represents the people. Taiwan does, though, and you'll note that that country is much more peaceful and friendly than the PRC.

In fact, the PRC is so insane that me saying "Taiwan" and "country" in the same sentence without a "not" in between triggers them to the point of closing down all trade or even declaring war due to their infamous One China Policy. There is only one China, and Taiwan is a breakaway province, dontchaknow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The US is also a bully. Should we be taught a lesson?
    lol, no way US is a bully compared to China. You had mass surveillance, China just chops people up, threatens everyone including their own people.
    US ain't perfect, but take out the biggest bully first please

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    China is a great country with wonderful people.

Their politicians are insane though, and will murder dissidents in the thousands and even harvest their organs for transplants every single day.

China, sadly, does not have a government that represents the people. Taiwan does, though, and you'll note that that country is much more peaceful and friendly than the PRC.

In fact, the PRC is so insane that me saying "Taiwan" and "country" in the same sentence without a "not" in between triggers them to the point of closing down all trade or even declaring war due to their infamous One China Policy. There is only one China, and Taiwan is a breakaway province, dontchaknow.
    I know China is a great country with great people, that's why I can't stand their government so much. And Taiwan is great, which makes me even more angry when this shitfest of China politicians decide to keep a tight leash on them.
    I hope for a trade war that China loses, I hope they surrender harder then japan and give this country a decent government voted on by it's people with no censored media.
    I love Trumps aggression towards them, sure it's bad, but this shit can't be allowed to happen. Someone needs to stand up to them

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    State the objectives of the Iraq War and we'll assess its success or failure.

And if you're able to do that, maybe you should've been an adviser to the Bush Administration, because they sure couldn't.
    Stop Saddam from trying to stop selling oil in dollar.

Or you mean all the bogus/face saving exercise reasons they sold the war for the people to gain their support? There were so many of the latter, that no wonder the Administration couldn't keep track of which of them to push at any given time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

To be fair, the Chinese island building is bullshit. The US should a) give every country, whose already established sea borders are being invaded by Chinese claims political and military backing b) work on international agreements that the world will sanction the Chinese if they try to block access to trade routes with their Realpolitik.

You can always escalate it if the Chinese try to block international trade routes. They are not there (yet).