Thread: RIP Elite Sets

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Lmao. You're using my alt-alt-alt druid as way of showing how easy it is to get rating?

I have 4 druids. It wasn't like it was my first season playing nor my first time playing the spec.

Nor my first elite set, was my 4th.

Yes I totally bought a boost on a class that I got elite sets for every season prior.

I didn't call it prestigious. I consider any set from pre-mop and even my s12 set to be fairly rare.
    So it isn't hard to get and it isn't prestigious. Got it

neeeeext

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you're the snowflake wanting your special gear all to yourself.

had my way there'd be no special set for you in the first place, just achievements. that should be enough, but validation needs many shiny things to appease it.
    Uunhh I'm an oppressed middle class white girl

I got it in green gear playing feral/dk.

It's my 4th druid.
    Wow really prestige =) good job

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So it isn't hard to get and it isn't prestigious. Got it

neeeeext
    I don't know if you're being retarded or just trolling.

THAT ISN'T MY ONLY SET. I HAVE 4 OLDER ONES.

If retards like you who can't even argue without resorting to dishonesty could get it, then maybe you're right.

I don't know if you're being retarded or just trolling.

THAT ISN'T MY ONLY SET. I HAVE 4 OLDER ONES.
    And as anyone who played back then knows, those sets are fucking easy to get too. If you managed to resist the urge to pay me 50k gold for the set, you instead just played as jungle or kitty and got 2.2 in an evening.

or even better , you just queued rbgs and literally did nothing but tab target moonfire and insect swarm and got it that way.

I love how you can freely dance between calling me an elitist and being like LUL thats my 4th alt yo, got it as feral dk exdee

Like bitch you schizo?

Deleted
    lol it's so entertaining to see people get upset about this.

Rated participation is dogshit as it is, no rewards means no incentive. PvP is supposed to be competitive, it's not if everyone gets the same reward.
    I don't see how merely cosmetic rewards becoming available again makes PVP non-competitive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And as anyone who played back then knows, those sets are fucking easy to get too. If you managed to resist the urge to pay me 50k gold for the set, you instead just played as jungle or kitty and got 2.2 in an evening.

or even better , you just queued rbgs and literally did nothing but tab target moonfire and insect swarm and got it that way.

I love how you can freely dance between calling me an elitist and being like LUL thats my 4th alt yo, got it as feral dk exdee

Like bitch you schizo?
    Like I said my first set was s12.

Glad cutoff was low 2500 that season, so it was fairly high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    lol it's so entertaining to see people get upset about this.

I don't see how merely cosmetic rewards becoming available again makes PVP non-competitive.
    Because theres no rewards worth playing for.

What prestigious comp did you get it as? Kitty training blue, or jungle training blue?

Or better yet did you tab target in RBGs (prestigiously) for a few prestigious days?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What prestigious comp did you get it as? Kitty training blue, or jungle training blue?

Or better yet did you tab target in RBGs (prestigiously) for a few prestigious days?
    Got it as FPS.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Because theres no rewards worth playing for.
    This makes no sense. First of all there is a reward you just don't perceive it as such and secondly, even if there was no reward at all, it would still be competitive - because competition does not come from there being a reward for achieving something. When I play CSGO and win a comp match there is no reward either apart from maybe moving up in ranks - which is the equivalent of arena rating in WoW.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This makes no sense. First of all there is a reward you just don't perceive it as such and secondly, even if there was no reward at all, it would still be competitive - because competition does not come from there being a reward for achieving something. When I play CSGO and win a comp match there is no reward either apart from maybe moving up in ranks - which is the equivalent of arena rating in WoW.
    CS GO isn't an MMORPG.

Deleted
    CS GO isn't an MMORPG.
    And? That does not nullify my point at all. The general definition of competition is the same, regardless of genre or whether it is even games we are talking about.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    And? That does not nullify my point at all. The general definition of competition is the same, regardless of genre or whether it is even games we are talking about.
    The core of an RPG is character progression.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't want a game with rewards? What's the incentive to play competitively?
    Everybody wants rewards. Normal people just don't give a fuck if other people get the same rewards.

Deleted
    Sounds like a good idea. There are some really great looking sets out there, this would help getting people interested in rated PvP.

FYI: I'm 2500 on 3 classes, and 2400 on 3 classes and I have 14 different Elite sets.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Everybody wants rewards. Normal people just don't give a fuck if other people get the same rewards.
    If they started giving grammies out en mass and you had one from 10 years ago, would you not feel like your reward is now worthless and therefore not a reward?

Inb4 "lol comparing elite sets to grammies", no it's a reward analogy.

Since MMO Champion clearly has a specific audience, here's another thread where people mainly make the same points as me:

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614753848
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-24 at 10:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Snowflake syndrome
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    ITT: Snowflake syndrome
    I know, right.

All these people who think they deserve everything in the game for doing nothing and can't comprehend how rewards work.

Everyone should be the same, no one should have exclusive things I can't have.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2017-01-24 at 10:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know, right.

All these people who think they deserve everything in the game for doing nothing and can't comprehend how rewards work.

Everyone should be the same, no one should have exclusive things I can't have.
    If you were a twitch emote, you'd be PJSalt.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they started giving grammies out en mass and you had one from 10 years ago, would you not feel like your reward is now worthless and therefore not a reward?
    No, i would not feel that way. Someone else having a grammy doesn't make mine any less shiny. Someone else having the same armor set as me doesn't make mine look less good. I raided ICC heroic and got the Drake while it was current. Same for Ulduar. Nowadays, everyone can roflstomp through there and get those drakes. I don't give a fuck.