Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this still is a MUCH faster unlock that WoD. Should be well under a year into expac. Sure i do miss flying, but that whistle... *high five. very used to it now. and likely will use even i CAN fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobizzhere View Post
    this still is a MUCH faster unlock that WoD. Should be well under a year into expac. Sure i do miss flying, but that whistle... *high five. very used to it now. and likely will use even i CAN fly.
    Sure, "well under a year", that is just no time at all. Very fast. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobizzhere View Post
    Sure.
    Because teleport > 310% movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Never understood why people whine and cry so much about things they can do something about.
    Don't like getting dazed / dismounted... craft / buy a barding.

Don't like flying, don't fly.

Don't like waiting to fly, quit and come back when flying is introduced.

The entitlement issues some people have today is mind-numbing.

That does seem like the simpliest solution to be honest. Brovo.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This does not show any problems with the argument that they are removing flying to slow you down so you sub for longer.

In TBC / WotLK, they could keep people subbed naturally without special tricks. They no longer can. So they turn to tricks. That's it.

You can see it in everything - in a million difficulty modes for all kinds of things, in tons of things being rehashed, in big grinds which don't add any new gameplay and merely make you do things that you'd already be doing a hundred times more, in expansion legendaries designed to keep you logging in through the entire expansion - now morphed into artifacts, in everything. Little content, tons of repeats, rewards for repeating 100x, 1000x, 5000x, etc, times. Plus gates - please do X and Y before Z, please do A, B, C, D before E. And please don't fly for a year at all, it's "better" (read: "slower") that way. It's their formula.
    And I'll concede you could be right here. At least myself, I have trouble seeing how flying or not, keeps people subbed. All indicators is the Xpac launch Subs are back down to their more normal levels. Rough time frame is that we'll get full on flying unlocked about a year in. Maybe 7.3\ToS will see a big surge in subs, but I don't think very much. So we're really getting flying once the Xpac is mostly dead\Cruise mode for the 9-12 months. Is flying going to be just enough for people to stay subbed\resubbed? By itself no, Maybe if they add enough other goodies then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    What if I complete Pathfinder 1 on my main and Pathfinder 2 on my alt ? I am no longer playing on my main.
    Check your alt (new main) and see if when you look under the achievements if it is complete. While I am not 100 on this I am willing to bet it is account wide. It was in WoD anyway where I did certain parts on my main and others on an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because restricting flight was never ever about slowing down players.
    Hum, okay? So you also don't know of a plausible answer to my question?

Most of my mounts have wings..

10+ Year Old Account
    1 month grind to unlock flying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...times 1500, with little else to do, for about a year.

Just adding some context.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a waste of an advice, because people who pretend to hate flying mostly hate when others are flying, not themselves.
    Rda, we both know that most of your posts are waste of bits, so not really a good argument.

Im just saying, that if people feel pushed to use it, which does happend, then there is a whistle which can help them.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't want flying - that's what I said. So we shouldn't have it at all.
    Well, that is kind of an issue. One side enforcing the other to play in the way they deemed to be better, removing options from others.

You do not like it. So it should be removed so no one can have it. That is effectively what you have said. Your way is the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You build roads for left or right hand drive - you can't build a road system allow people to chose which side they drive.
    Same with building the worlds - you build it with a play style in mind .... that is one or the other.
    Except, your analogy is not quite correct. You builds a road to only permitted to drive on a certain side. I could say you build roads that allows cars and bus and motorcycles to use it. But you only like cars so you ban buses and motorcycles. In the end, comparing the flying debate with other analogies is pointless.

Blizzard build a game did permit both flying and non-flying. Even in Legion, flying is possible provided people jump through the hoops.

I don't understand what Blizzard is trying to achieve with the hoop jumping. Either put flying or not. The whole jumping through hoop is just another cheap ploy to make a long grind to keep people active. At least to me anyway.

Deleted
    I both miss and not miss flying. It felt more old school without the flying. Having everyone running around doing quests. You get to see a lot more players when there is no flying. But the again, flying speeds up everything so much!

Plus this:

Why the heck should flying stay disabled not until you "experience" all content they want you to experience, but also - that's the main limiting factor - until we are 6-8-10 months after launch, whatever number pleases them? Why?

The answer is simple if you think about it:

Because they want you to be SLOW. So that you sub for LONGER with the same amount of content on their part.

That's all there is to it.
    You know that is bullshit though. Blizzard are quite capable of "forcing" you to sub longer to complete the content with flying in the game, they did that with MoP and its daily quests/rep grinds. They can also make an expansion where you have no flying but run out of things to do quickly, it was called WoD.

Just accept that your opinion about what makes the game better isn't an objective fact, and Blizzard are developing the game this way because they think it makes the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

Not flying doesn't resolve the issue that other people flying takes them out of the game world. And I don't give a fuck about flight paths so don't even try it. We are talking about player controlled flight.
    Flying within the game world doesn't take them out of the game world. Nice try though. People still have to be grounded to complete objectives all the same. Wanna "see" the people? Well just look up then. Despite flying in Tanaan Jungle you saw a ton of people around unless you spent all your time staring into the ground... which wouldn't surprise me considering just how strong the ground fetish appears to be in some.

The things taking people out of the game world; Instances and there not being any world content. Can't get rid of instances for obvious reasons, and whenever the game doesn't suffer a lack of content in the open world @ max level, people are out in force. It was true for MoP with flying @ max level and the reputation dailies, it'll be doubly true in Broken Isles where content stays relevant even longer.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-24 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    All I see are whiny babies who want to tell me that I can't fly but who don't have the balls to not fly themselves.

My biggest issue with all of this is that it has nothing at all to do with an in game reason we can't fly. It's just make-work, just hoops to jump through. It's neither interesting nor related to flight... in short, it's just more shit design from a team that seems to design obstacles to overcome vs fun reasons to do things.
    I am going to compare what you said to a real life situation and then show how dumb what you said sounds. Say you dislike fossil fuel vehicles but are moving from Chicago to Minneapolis, now you will take advantage of the moving trucks diesel engine but at the same time dislike it and wish there was a better way to move your furniture because without you will be carrying your couch on your back the whole way to Minneapolis. Well that is flying, it is an advantage that would be stupid to not take advantage of when presented but at the same time I can wish that Blizz would take their heads out of their rectums and stick to the no flying guns they presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Frawl View Post
    I both miss and not miss flying. It felt more old school without the flying. Having everyone running around doing quests. You get to see a lot more players when there is no flying. But the again, flying speeds up everything so much!
    you get to see alot more players because cross realm, not because of restricted flying. and surprise surprise, world quests require you to dismount anyway, only difference is the means of getting there. before, you flew, now, you jump off the nearest cliff and glide there, then whistle back to FP, not seeing much of a difference really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Does anyone, anywhere think the emissaries are fun? Run to yellow spot on map, melt faces of underpowered mobs for 30 seconds, then go to next yellow spot. It's just stupid, pointless content that really feels like a waste of life.

Gating things like flying and access to dungeons, not to mention legendaries, behind this bullshit has been terrible this expansion.
    1. The world is being buffed in 7.2.

2. YOU thinking content is pointless =/= it being pointless for a fact. Emissary quests are still highly relevant to me on my main as well as on some alts. My main has a shot at legendaries and gets the Legendary upgrade items + AP, my alts get gear upgrades. And playing a game could by definition be considered a "waste of time" if we're going down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1...inder-part-two

so the part two is here..

i remember blizzard saying that part 2 would be way more faster than part one, but yet, you need:

-Do the history line of legionfall;
    -Reach exalted with Armies of Legionfall;

if the reputation follow like was the other, when u can only get rep with WQ/Emissarys (and the questline), this will take roughly 1 month to complete, like part one.

this is just stupid tbh :/

already tired of getting on ground, and hte worse, everytime i get dazed, i get unmounted. if at least they take the unmount part of it, it would be less stressing :/
    dude, get the crafted saddles that prevent you from being knocked off your mount. should help with that issue at least

urgh... another rep to grind - at least flight is the reward
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah I absolutely hate this BS about no flying.

If people don't like it, then simply don't fly. I see no harm in having flying in the game. No one forces anyone to fly!
    This is untrue. If a person who likes to run on the ground buy sees everyone flying they will end up feeling forced to fly so they can get their gathering or wq done quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah I absolutely hate this BS about no flying.

If people don't like it, then simply don't fly. I see no harm in having flying in the game. No one forces anyone to fly!
    well if YOU see no harm in it, then i guess the matter is settled!