Thread: 4P Set bugged

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-32

Couple other people reporting issues with SS procs in both Simc and AskMrRobot.

Quote Originally Posted by nymu View Post
    Thank you for this.

Here are my results, everytime until 100 Lavalash

Run 1: 16 Stormstrike
    Run 2: 15 Stormstrike
    Run 3: 12 Stormstrike
    Run 4: 16 Stormstrike
    Run 5: 16 Stormstrike
    Run 6: 17 Stormstrike
    Run 7: 16 Stormstrike
    Run 8: 16 Stormstrike
    Run 9: 14 Stormstrike
    Run 10: 11 Stormstrike

By the thing I should do here it should come out 20 SS to 100 LL, correct? That was what you were aiming for?
    Why would it be 20? Stormbringer with around 80% mastery has 15% proc chance. So it seems to be working as intended, unless I'm missing something.
    Last edited by Gromthak; 2017-01-24 at 02:16 PM.

Tooltip for 4pc is "Lava Lash has a 20% chance to trigger Stormbringer". Normally Lava Lash has a 0% chance to proc Stormbringer as it's an offhand attack and SB only procs from mainhand attacks.
    Last edited by Rouncer; 2017-01-24 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nymu View Post
    Okay, don't bullshit me.

I took another shaman on my server, actually 2, both have the BiS Ring, I don't. We agreed to all use 940's Prdyaz as 2nd, while they had the rings I had the boots.

We agreed to use Nightblooming Frond as Trinket + BTI.

ALL OF US are on 25 Haste and we vary from 71-73 % Mastery ( me being the one with 72 )

I do have the 4 Set,
    one has a 2 set, the other one 2/3.

We made various legths, from behind the training dummy,
    and I always ended up 1-2 procs LOWER than them.

Is there a chance our set is bugged?
    You're not robots, the other players will have more actions than you if they're better at the class. You're all different skill levels, they're most likely more active than you in terms of actions per minute. You can't just get multiple players with SIMILAR stats and use that as some kind of simulation, of course it's going to be way off. Believe it or not players can still be drastically better than others, even if you're following the same "rotation".

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    You're not robots, the other players will have more actions than you if they're better at the class. You're all different skill levels, they're most likely more active than you in terms of actions per minute. You can't just get multiple players with SIMILAR stats and use that as some kind of simulation, of course it's going to be way off. Believe it or not players can still be drastically better than others, even if you're following the same "rotation".
    Follow the rest of the thread. 4pc is bugged or has been stealth nerfed. It's apparently proccing at a much lower percentage then the tooltip states.
    @nymu - you might want to edit the OP to show the most recent testing you did focusing purely on Lava Lash spam and showing the reduced from expected proc rate. May also want to take a parse of additional testing, load it to warcraftlogs, and then link it to this thread to help validate your results. I'd love to help with the testing but I don't have 4pc yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    Follow the rest of the thread. 4pc is bugged or has been stealth nerfed. It's apparently proccing at a much lower percentage then the tooltip states.
    @nymu - you might want to edit the OP to show the most recent testing you did focusing purely on Lava Lash spam and showing the reduced from expected proc rate. May also want to take a parse of additional testing, load it to warcraftlogs, and then link it to this thread to help validate your results. I'd love to help with the testing but I don't have 4pc yet.
    I didn't say the set wasn't bugged. I saying this is a terrible way to try to get anywhere close to accurate data.

I didn't say the set wasn't bugged. I saying this is a terrible way to try to get anywhere close to accurate data.
    Oh. Completely agree with that. That's why I asked them to test it the other way with just strict Lava Lashes. Testing is always more accurate when you limit the variance. Very appreciative that they were willing to put in the time to test it out for the community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromthak View Post
    Why would it be 20? Stormbringer with around 80% mastery has 15% proc chance. So it seems to be working as intended, unless I'm missing something.
    They are talking about the 20% proc chance from lava lash for the 4 piece set bonus. So the numbers should be averaging out to about 20%

To the OP:

Hmmm, at first I was skeptical, but seeing this latest test, even I have to admit, I'm starting to think something might be up as well.

It seems people are very fast with putting the OP down instead of just listening and possibly getting this fixed asap, instead of realising it being bugged 6 months into the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    How the hell do you alredy have the 4 set... jesus christ
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    I think people were generally pointing out that the original method of testing wasn't really a good way to get proper results. Human error always comes into play when youcompare two players, even if their stats are similar. Heck, even a small increase in latency could have a big impact.

Its much like if someone published a scientific paper for peer review.

"I did x to test y"
    "But you didn't account for A, B and D so your results are subjective".

Once a proper method of testing was found, we not only got confirmation that there is a bug, it's also something that anybody else with the 4p bonus could test for themselves.

Weren't you the one that was so sure legendary drop rates weren't bugged and tried to tell us you were some sort of expert?

On topic: Does anyone have logs of their tests?

Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    It seems people are very fast with putting the OP down instead of just listening and possibly getting this fixed asap, instead of realising it being bugged 6 months into the patch.
    That is to be expected when you come in saying: "Me and a friend hit a dummy a couple of times and I had less procs".
    That is about the most unscientific way you can go about it.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been met with such hostility if he had formulated his post differently as well.
    Instead of a title stating: "4p set bugged", changing it to "4p set bugged?"; would have made a significant difference.
    Syntax and punctuation are really important.

That said, I agree some posts were rather dismissive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Weren't you the one that was so sure legendary drop rates weren't bugged and tried to tell us you were some sort of expert?

On topic: Does anyone have logs of their tests?
    I do data analysis for a living yes, there's correct ways of gathering data and incorrect ways. Thanks for the input though.

I do data analysis for a living yes, there's correct ways of gathering data and incorrect ways. Thanks for the input though.
    How do you hold your job when you are always wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How do you hold your job when you are always wrong?
    You're basing a professional career over a RNG argument, would hate to work under you. Also there's still correct ways to gather data and incorrect ways, it's obviously above your head though

Word, Ryethe and I have been doing some testing and log analysis for the last hour or so on this.

What we've come up with is that stormbringer refreshes from 1 stack to 2 stacks are not being reported in the combat log, BUT YOU ARE STILL GETTING THE STORMBRINGER REFRESH. Right now it just looks like a combat log issue. We've come to the consensus that this is a side-effect of the 2pc bugfix from PTR to maintain the +40% crit buff that's tied to Stormbringer procs.

So at this time, set bonus does not look to be bugged.
    Last edited by Rusah; 2017-01-24 at 10:38 PM.

Why would you be testing it with Tempest instead of Overcharge to remove that possibility?

Have you tried adding a cancelaura into your castsequence macro to validate that consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    Why would you be testing it with Tempest instead of Overcharge to remove that possibility?

Have you tried adding a cancelaura into your castsequence macro to validate that consensus?
    If you're referring to me, tempest has no bearing upon stormbringer proc rate. We confirmed that procs are still happening by doing a detailed analysis of stormstrike cast amount between stormbringer buffs appearing and disappearing in the log, and its consistent with the wind strike gains, which means we're getting the correct amount of stormstrike casts.

Consuming your last stack of stormbringer will cause the buff to fade immediately, regardless of whether its 2 stacks or 1.

Ok I've been following this a bit and have checked myself, and looked at a few other people, and cannot find a way of replicating it. First of all I did a quick test in regular gear with the 4pc, standing side on just repeat Rockbiter/Lava Lash for 200 casts, results:

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

From here it comes out at 200 Lava Lash casts, 47 Stormbringers, or a 23%~ chance (so slightly above). From the Enhancement Discord, Hames took a longer swing and did the same for 1000 Lava Lash casts with the same rules of just Rockbiter/Lava Lash:

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&difficulty=0

That's 1000 casts, 196 procs, or 19.6%~ (definitely within the margin of error).

What it seems like is the original post that started this from Nymu is a bit difficult to interpret, there's no log proof and the rulesets are unclear, but from the sounds of it you are performing a full rotation, Stormstrikes and all in between. That sounds like it could clutter the results with a lot of background noise, and also could be caused by a separate bug that I have found and a few others have looked at today which is the discrepency between Stormbringer procs and Wind strikes proc numbers. Given they both activate at the same time, you can see in the log above Stormbringer and Wind Strikes are dead even, however in the following logs (images included) there is a difference:

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=21

This should obviously never happen as the events co-incide. The current running theory is that the fix implemented to make the 2pc interact correctly with Tempest (since it was only affecting the first cast of two) indirectly altered the flags in combat logs, and it is flagging refreshes at 1stack and not counting it as a new Stormbringer proc. This is entirely combat log related, and has no impact on gameplay/performance, but is very likely what has caused the disconnect regarding the 4pc effect if you had these effects being consumed during the rotation instead of just exclusively tracking Stormbringer triggers.